• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
[...] I may have made a huge boner.[...]
Never heard of that expression. Does it mean making a mistake or actually getting a boner?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coupondumpster/discussions/8/630802979511368671/
Group admins will make sure anyone who wants it gets it.
The group is awesome and has hooked me up a bunch of times in the past. I donate coupons to them whenever I'm not going to use them... it's easier than adding and removing trashbot, even if he's back to working status.
Thanks frost! Always seemed like a shame when coupons just invalidated after some time.
Hi everyone!
[...]awareness about Playism and Steam to developers that largely only sell at these events.
[...]We also have all these titles on Playism, for those who want the DRM-free option.
Playism is pretty popular with PC gamers in japan right now[...]
We're going to be adding to our Steam catalogue throughout the year, and we have a bunch of great titles that really have no peer on the platform.[...] :)
That's great to hear. Thanks for coming here. Never heard of Playism before. Having just recently discovered VN on Steam, I was bummed by how few the selection was.
Hope you can bring more on Steam soon.

derExperte

Got 2 coupons for 60% OFF Broken Sword 5 The Serpent’s Curse just now. What is the GAF-pinion on the game?
I've played all of the other BS-games (I think)

Two? Weak sauce. I got five of them plus three Chaos on Deponia ones. Thanks benevolent voucher-god.

General opinion is that the game starts okay and then gets constantly worse, especially episode 2.

PS They work with other discounts but are only valid for a week.

Turfster

Indiegamestand has ReignMaker (with Steam Key) for 1$, BTA includes Tower of Elements and OST

Heroes of a Broken Land keys are available for groupees Build a greenlight bundle 5

Vlad

The irony is Expendabros made me remove Broforce from my wishlist. It is ok I suppose... but it just doesn't do much for me.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. The game was just "eh". I sort of liked what they were going for, but you'd think that a game with that aesthetic would be far more exciting than it was.

aku:jiki

The irony is Expendabros made me remove Broforce from my wishlist. It is ok I suppose... but it just doesn't do much for me.
I didn't end up liking it very much either. The combat doesn't really have any finesse at all and the levels are pretty uninteresting too. Not sure if it's just the Expendabros version or what, but I was surprised to find myself not liking it at all.

Didn't help that half of the Expendabros sucked. Gunnar is a pain in the ass to use.

Monooboe

Oh dammit, why did I just spend 7 euros on bundles with games I'm never going to play... Sure that's not much money but still a waste.XD

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
1k customers served, 1k dishes and drinks made delicious! 1 star too. Things are getting real serious now with the soups and pizzas.

Locust

Edit: Ah, there's a "Steam gifts trading" row on the donation page. That's ridiculous -- the restriction should have only applied to new accounts. I'm not paying a further $40 just to make someone's life a little easier.

Non-premium users have shared bots and people would put carded Steam gifts in them. Then the bot would get banned with several users' items in it.

Even if bot account creation was automated I guess making one for every user is a bit too much to expect. That said the $50 for VIP is still great value if you do any trading, certainly better than whatever ridiculous monthly fee tf2outpost charges since it got bought by ZAM.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Non-premium users have shared bots and people would put carded Steam gifts in them. Then the bot would get banned with several users' items in it.

Even if bot account creation was automated I guess making one for every user is a bit too much to expect. That said the $50 for VIP is still great value if you do any trading, certainly better than whatever ridiculous monthly fee tf2outpost charges since it got bought by ZAM.

I know why the change happened, but I don't agree with existing donators being asked to move up to the $50 tier. I've no need to "subscribe" to TF2 Outpost, anyway -- I don't mind bumping my trades myself and I'll never have more than 10 active at a time.

Yrael

Oh dammit, why did I just spend 7 euros on bundles with games I'm never going to play... Sure that's not much money but still a waste.XD

I'm pretty sure the majority of games bought on Steam are either never played or booted up only once. :p

MadGear

So, just beat Binary Domain and was honestly surprised by how much i actually enjoyed it. Obviously its lacking in the visual department with its lowly detailed environments and not so well designed animations but the shooting was fine and the story was interesting enough.

Still, I would have loved if they went a bit deeper about this technological singularity and what is life and what is supposed to separate an artificial life form from what we consider true life but overall i really liked the topic and setting of this game.
However, they lost me a bit at the hybrid topic ... even as someone who enjoys this stuff it was hard to swallow
I also think it would have been a better game without these strange voice commands which i tried to use but had some issues with it. The banter with your comrades felt disjointed using the preset options and imo would have been better mass effect style, where Dan actually speaks after choosing an option and doesn't stay silent (but they obviously expected you to talk in his place).
Many of the Boss fights could also have been a bit more diverse instead of "shoot the glowy parts" but well, the encounters by itself were still good enough.

So after playing that strange tutorial level i was honestly expecting the worst but it turned out to be a good game after all :D

rtcn63

Playing Expendabros. Can you switch characters on the fly? Because the melee guy sucks due to suicide bombers and explosions everywhere. The stock guy is probably the best.

kudoboi

Playing Expendabros. Can you switch characters on the fly? Because the melee guy sucks due to suicide bombers and explosions everywhere. The stock guy is probably the best.

if its anything like broforce then no. if you save more than one character, you will switch to a random one when you die

Ars Technica published an interesting article on Steam game ownership stats earlier in the year. It opens with:

37% of 781M is ....... 289 million games never played.

jTxpR74Bc.png

JaseC

That's pretty weird when you think about it.

Well, not when YOU think about it, but when a non collector does.

:p

Incidentally, 37% is exactly half of what my unplayed figure is, although it'd be at least 20% higher if it weren't for cards.

37% of 781M is ....... 289 million games never played.

and that's not counting games that are just idled for cards or people just loading up a game, messing around with the settings, and not returning to it possibly ever.

yeah, the number of games that are not truly played is probably much greater than that.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
There's a lot of games which end up on the backlog, and hopefully will be played someday.

Then there are the games which were like "part of a bundle, I'll probably never play it".

Incidentally, 37% is exactly half of what my unplayed figure is, although it'd be at least 20% higher if it weren't for cards.

Calculating your real games played score is easy: All games on Steam - Assassins creed games............ - wheelman
sorry :p

JaseC

When Wheelman comes back I'm going to throw the biggest I Told You So party the world has ever seen. ;)

Haunted

I don't understand all this source 2 hullabalooo.

Is it all for an upcoming L4D3 announcement? Between Steam maintenance, the Steambox and Steam Controller projects and continued work on Dota 2 and TF2, I'm not aware that they're rumoured to have any games in the works.

Haunted

Yeah, I'm five missions in, and that it appears to be how it works. Which is not good.
While some seem better than others at first glance, I think the balance is still fine. You can definitely beat every level with every character.

The only level which is substantially easier with one character above the others is the very last one (easiest with melee, funnily enough).

JaseC

Is it all for an upcoming L4D3 announcement? Between Steam maintenance, the Steambox and Steam Controller projects and continued work on Dota 2 and TF2, I'm not aware that they're rumoured to have any games in the works.

It's not indicative of any future plans other than an intention to move Dota 2 as a whole over to Source 2. HL3 and L4D3 exist, but the latter appears to be further along, judging from the little evidence we have.

people are hoping that all of this will eventually lead to a hl3 announcement.

people are gonna be waiting a longgggggggggggg time for that, whether source 2 is here or not.

People are excited that Valve are finally switching to a modern engine. Of course a lot of them do expect an upcoming announcement, but this is strictly for Dota UGC.

KingDirk

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shovel Knight -- MB-976EFD778A7C5284 - Taken by dxhc99. 170 entrants total.

t1407477466z1.png

Reposting because I am dumb and forgot to do autorepost.

There are leaks showing they are working on Left 4 Bread 3 and HL3

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
You'll be eating those words, McConaughey.

You know that particular game is not happening, better to accept it now than later.

BTW I'm catching up with the source2 stuff, OMG OMG OMG.
No HL3 yet :(((((

Then there are the games which were like "part of a bundle, I'll probably never play it".

There are loads of games in my library that I'll never play. Picked them up in bundles with other stuff. I also have some games that I played years ago and rebought when cheap on Steam thinking I might replay them in the future.

JaseC

Speaking of forgetting things:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Helldorado -- MB-4FE23B4C817C5002 - Taken by Cozmogramma
Litil Divil -- MB-91E9451E7A6F6191 - Taken by Aitor
Diamond Dan -- MB-DBFDAAA74B52BAB2 - Taken by Kifimbo
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-ED6AD2C19966B2E0 - Taken by Knurek
Guise of the Wolf -- MB-66F9463475A73E3C - Taken by redlacs
Lucius -- MB-AE739452C6E41505 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-099B3A2DC46103EF - Taken by KingDirk
Soulbringer -- MB-8B073F1D50C97239 - Taken by Zia
Omegalodon -- MB-892E159E177754BE - Taken by Seraphis Cain
Grimind -- MB-D397707309247F97 - Taken by Yrael
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-A4043D2D02019EAD - Taken by Vuze
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-F546786CB50F3E96 - Taken by Terra_Ex

JaseC

We'd prefer giveaways.

My plan is to invite all of you to my house only to lock you all outside, pointing and laughing through the window in-between chants of "I told you so! I told you so! I told you so!" I'll let you all in once the sun starts to set, though, as everyone knows the dropbears come out at night.

(Double-post because I didn't want to risk undoing a ModBot edit.)

while im not the biggest vanillaware fan, the 3 hours or so that i've put into Dragon's Crown really make me wish there was a steam version. I mean, it's a freaking beat em up dungeon crawler, it was like made to be run at 1080p and with steamworks and some cards that actually make me money.

Valve employee finds out a tour is coming in advance

Creates dozens of empty folders

Just happens to show them to the tour

profit

Don't do that to my poor heart

while im not the biggest vanillaware fan, the 3 hours or so that i've put into Dragon's Crown really make me wish there was a steam version. I mean, it's a freaking beat em up dungeon crawler, it was like made to be run at 1080p and with steamworks and some cards that actually make me money.

Considering they could be anime cards in that situation you could be swimming in money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom