• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
do you wanna play it? i heard it got spiders in it!

i'll probably get back to it tomorrow. after D:OS
i'm down for some coop, sounds fun

spiders in it kinda freak me out but you can kill em in one hit and they blow up and disappear so yea after 20 hours it's not too bad

That Source 2 thing is amazing. Such a Valve thing to do. And yes, I think at this point I'd rather have Ricochet 2 than Half-Life 3. Seriously.

Deques

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition

looks like that "complete edition" wasn't that complete after all ... look at all the DLC!!! O_O

Ewww... and wallpapers for €13? That's expensive for something that can be downloaded for free

"The first round of DLC has been released on the Steam store."

Do we have the next Train Simulator in the making?

They better have a dlc pack for cheap. Not gonna shell out a fortune on dlcs

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of JustLynx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-24B5C601B848CC9F - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sid Meiers Ace Patrol was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407407266z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
i'm down for some coop, sounds fun

spiders in it kinda freak me out but you can kill em in one hit and they blow up and disappear so yea after 20 hours it's not too bad

Just remember to go into fetal position. If it get too much for you <3
---------------
So what games are coming out on steam in September that got everyone hyped so far?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've still got an old PC Zone cover CD with Ricochet, Team Fortress and CS 1.3 on it. Why I've kept these things in the days on a reasonable internet connection I'll never know.

I've kept most of my old CD versions of games anyone can get digitally now so I sort of get why.

For me it's a mixture of laziness and nostalgia :p

Dr Dogg

Ewww... and wallpapers for &#8364;13? That's expensive for something that can be downloaded for free

Going by the description they are ingame wallpapers for menus and such. So it's not exactly like you could trick your desktop out with them (I don't know how many would buy them either way).

I've kept most of my old CD versions of games anyone can get digitally now so I sort of get why.

For me it's a mixture of laziness and nostalgia :p

Oh I've still got a lot of old games on CD/DVD. My copy of Sam and Max Hit the Road has seen better days but I've backed that up. I've lost the second CD to Grim Fandango during one of my many house moves so no idea where that is. I've still got 2 copies of Half Life kicking around but only the case and hence the CD Key for one. My big box collection is not it once was and seeing the prices of some of them now probably never will be again. Then again who want Fate of Atlantis on a bazillion floppy discs.

Deques

Going by the description they are ingame wallpapers for menus and such. So it's not exactly like you could trick your desktop out with them (I don't know how many would buy them either way).

That's even worse. Ingame wallpapers, that I probably won't notice at all :/

Knurek

Is there a way to mass uninstall Steam games?
I don't want to remove everything (I know uninstalling Steam does that), just most of my entries. Any way to do so without clicking on every one?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't want to remove everything (I know uninstalling Steam does that), just most of my entries. Any way to do so without clicking on every one?

Not really. You could delete the folders in steamapps\common and then delete all of the ACF manifests, but this would cause the remaining games to appear uninstalled as well.

Edit: Ah, I'd forgotten about the multi-selection update. It's beta-only at this juncture so opt in if you haven't already.

MayMay

Banned

With one of the latest beta updates you can now select multiple installed games (ctrl and left click or shift+left click like any other selection) and right click and then uninstall multiple games at once.

db39c4d967f7b75d63c73292ea32533c.png

Just tried it out, wasnt sure myself. It then goes ahead and uninstalls both.

Knurek

With one of the latest beta updates you can now select multiple installed games (ctrl and left click or shift+left click like any other selection) and right click and then uninstall multiple games at once.

Right, seems I need to go into beta. Thanks for the tip.

Dr Dogg

So I was wondering... If Valve decide that Idle_Master is bad, we'll find all SteamGAF banned? xD

I doubt they're that fussed. You're essential just getting you drops you're entitled to easier and earlier than you would without it and they haven't done anything about peeps using SAM to do the same thing. If they were worried about the market getting flooded with cards they could just increase the drop times. Plus everything I've sold on the market they have taken their cut so they have £1+ from me they wouldn't have got if I didn't use it. Though crossing my fingers nothing stupid happens.

Trejik

Guys, can I get some recommendations on absolutely abysmal PC Games?

Preferably the enjoyably funny with a beer despite them being terrible type of bad, and not the "I Hate my life" bad.

aku:jiki

So I was wondering... If Valve decide that Idle_Master is bad, we'll find all SteamGAF banned? xD
Valve aren't the ones paying you for your sold trading cards, and they take a cut from the person who does, so they absolutely don't care what you use to earn them even more money.

Preferably the enjoyably funny with a beer despite them being terrible type of bad, and not the "I Hate my life" bad.

The Kane & Lynch series. Mediocre but short and thus not an utter waste of time.

85709.jpg

MQX

db39c4d967f7b75d63c73292ea32533c.png

Just tried it out, wasnt sure myself. It then goes ahead and uninstalls both.
Nice :D. Thanks for the info :p.

Didn't knew it was on the latest beta. You can also select multiple games to install :O.

aku:jiki

You should unchart some mysteries with Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta. Even the title is fucking terrible, just look at it!

The four in my list:

1. Dead Bits
  2. Death Track: Resurrection
  3. FootLOL
  4. Legends of Persia

me0wish

I see no one talking about Rise of Incarnates, its in open beta now. Is there simply no interest? Or does no one know its in open beta?

MayMay

Banned
I see no one talking about Rise of Incarnates, its in open beta now. Is there simply no interest? Or does no one know its in open beta?

Played 5 minutes of it in the closed Beta and it was.. horrible imo. Afaik it did not even have resolution settings and was stuck on 720p. Gameplay wise it was weird as hell as well.

So yeah, I didnt like it lol

neoemonk

I find myself with several Ys games and I'm not sure what order to play them in. I've got Origins, I and II Chronicles Plus, Oath in Felghana, and Memories of Celceta. The last Ys game I played was Ys III on SNES.

Origins is the sticking point. Do I play it first? Last? Somewhere in the middle?

tylerf

Got through the campaign in Sonic Transformed and it unlocks expert difficulty at the end and you have to play all the way through again to 100 percent it. That's kind of a let down. Would have preferred to tackle the hardest difficulty from the beginning.

me0wish

Played 5 minutes of it in the closed Beta and it was.. horrible imo. Afaik it did not even have resolution settings and was stuck on 720p. Gameplay wise it was weird as hell as well.

So yeah, I didnt like it lol

I've had a similar experience, but I spent like half an hour instead. I think it was too early to release the closed beta and it gave a really bad impression.

I'm asking gaf because I might have misunderstood the game, probably someone else knows better. I'm almost done downloading hopefully this will run and play better.

MayMay

Banned
I've had a similar experience, but I spent like half an hour instead. I think it was too early to release the closed beta and it gave a really bad impression.

I'm asking gaf because I'm thinking I might just not have understood and maybe someone else knows better than I do. I'm almost done downloading hopefully this will run and play better.

Make sure to give us your impressions, if there were some significant changes I'm ready to give it another chance

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it no longer possible to sell Steam gifts on Dispenser unless you have a premium or VIP account? I have 50 CS:GO/Dota 2/etc. slots but zero Steam gift slots.

Edit: Ah, there's a "Steam gifts trading" row on the donation page. That's ridiculous -- the restriction should have only applied to new accounts. I'm not paying a further $40 just to make someone's life a little easier.

Nabs

I find myself with several Ys games and I'm not sure what order to play them in. I've got Origins, I and II Chronicles Plus, Oath in Felghana, and Memories of Celceta. The last Ys game I played was Ys III on SNES.

Origins is the sticking point. Do I play it first? Last? Somewhere in the middle?

Felghana might be the better starting point. Origin takes a ton from Ys I and II, so I'd recommend trying those out before playing it. Feel free to drop that idea if the older games don't click with you. I mean, Origin is just dungeon > dungeon > dungeon, you'll just miss all the references.

Origins works better after having played I & Ii.

I'd recommend playing chronicles and not fearing to use a guide occasionally. The games are pretty old school in many ways, and their dungeons (especially in ys II) can feel like a maze hell without them. They're also not real explicit with what you need to do in order to proceed so, yeah, don't feel ashamed of having to use a guide every now and then.

If you get past those 2 games and still want some more ys action then I'd probably do either origins or oath after, depending on what you're in the mood for: a prequel or a sequel.

Trejik

Out of those, Dominique Pamplemousse looks like the PERFECT game. It creeps me out.

The Kane & Lynch series. Mediocre but short and thus not an utter waste of time.

I consider them good. I actually enjoyed them. :(

I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME RIGHT NOW.

You should unchart some mysteries with Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta. Even the title is fucking terrible, just look at it!

Finished it. Need to finish reviewing it, but yes, the girlfriend and me highly enjoyed how terrible it was.

The four in my list:

1. Dead Bits
  2. Death Track: Resurrection
  3. FootLOL
  4. Legends of Persia

Death Track looks interesting. I heard FootLOL is actually a pretty cool game, but if it fits both purposes, great!

Thanks a bunch guys. Always on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom