• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've just completed, for the second time, Walking Dead Season 2.
I've played this from a friend on PS3, so this time I did all opposite choices, leaving Clementine silent in pretty much the whole game.
And...I'm disappointed.
This is the first time I re-play a Telltale game, so I think that, by doing different choices, something change. Just no.

I think there's really only a choice you can do that basically changes the fact a character is alive or not, in episode 4, but I really don't want to save that character because I ate it XD

ALL the other choices are totally pointless. You can be rude, you can be silent, you can be helpful, but nothing will change.

Also I noticed that generally if is supposed for a character to die, he will die (in that chapter or the following one). The story is pretty much the same.

And I'm asking...if you import a savegame from Season 1, what will change? Only pointless dialogue lines, I presume, because until now there's nothing different from my play of Season 1, and Season 2 didn't import any savegame.

Yeah, the illusion of choice is really thin with the telltale games. What i get out of it comes whenever you see the end of the episode stats and compare yourself to those other sociopaths on the internet. Most of the choices have minimal effect on the story, and all of the games basically funnel you to the same conclusions. Still, they tend to tell excellent stories and I can't say i haven't enjoyed them, so they're doing something right.

Now, the witcher 2 really branches out when it comes to how your choices impact the story. Your choices can lock you out of almost half of the game, and even small decisions have consequences. It's good stuff.

Deitus

In my defense, I was never a fan of the Expendables films. I grew up with those action stars, but the first film just seemed too self-aware and self-indulgent, but not in a way that translated to being fun for the viewer. The Losers and the A-Team remake, I found more enjoyable.

I agree with you about the Expendables. I didn't dislike the movie, but it didn't exactly leave an impression. I still haven't seen the second one. Also, Stallone needs to have subtitles in every movie he's in, because I couldn't understand a damn thing he said in that movie. I do think the nature of those films is a good fit for the Broforce tie in though.

And yeah, the A-Team remake was great.

I'm still not sure what to make of Broforce yet. I'm trying not to push too far into it while it's still early access, and then not end up playing the full game. Though it seems like so far the main thing they have added is just new characters. I like the variety of characters, and their various skills, and I think they did a great job fusing action movie references with satire of American ultra-patriotism.

But something seems missing from the core game so far. I think maybe the fact that the enemies are too dumb is part of the problem. If the enemies were smarter, the game could feel like a 2-d platformer version of Hotline Miami, but in most cases you end up going through a lot of similar levels with no real opposition until you accidentally blow yourself up. Maybe the later levels are better about that. The bosses certainly offer a challenge, but they also screw you over if you get the wrong character.

Monooboe

I'm pretty sure the majority of games bought on Steam are either never played or booted up only once. :p

Yeah I know, majority of my steam games have 20min played or less haha, well more if they have cards... but thinking now, why didn't I just buy a game for 7 euro that I would actually play?o_O

The "2nd playthrough" isn't even a second playthrough. It's like...the halfway point of the first playthrough.

I've put 50+ hours into Dragon's Crown and never once touched online (or multiplayer of any sort).

Ahh. I just couldn't do it. It bored me pretty badly in singleplayer, and I was told that multiplayer was the answer to that.

I'm also a pretty moody gamer, where my swings dictate how much I like a game or if I play games at all. It's quite possible that I'd get into more on a later visit.

Meanwhile, I might go put on something like the Cleaners from Venus and just stare at the couch cushions for a while.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@deepsilver 8:02 AM
Ryse on PC will include all Xbox One DLC and supports resolutions up to 4K. Aw yiss 4K!

MRORANGE

Dr Dogg recommended a new game for this month, it's in the OP but I'm going to list it here as well:

Road Not Taken
- Dr Dogg
Road Not Taken is a roguelike puzzle game about surviving life’s surprises. You play as a ranger adventuring through a vast,
unforgiving forest in the aftermath of a brutal winter storm, rescuing children who have lost their way. Procedurally-generated levels
deliver a limitless supply of possibilities to explore and challenges to overcome. Your actions will influence not only your own story,
but that of the villagers you hope to befriend and the town you call home.

I've only managed to play a tiny bit of this so far, like 30 minutes but I'm already liking the charming artstyle and soundtrack which
is a perfect match to the game. Gampeplay plays out like a weird combination of Spry Fox's previous game, Tripple Town, pick up
and combine objects to solve puzzles, rescue the kids and proceed to the next area as well as their humorous in game descriptions
of items and objects with Don’t Starve’s survival mechanics of having to use a combination of items to gain others. You do this by
grabbing and moving obstacles and throwing them together to combine them and children thrown to their mothers but moving whilst
grabbing something and blizzards depletes your energy until you throw the object or get to a safe screen. This is also mixed in with
procedurally generated areas and bespoke puzzle sections. Levels and progress are based on Years and you have to save a set
number of kids to rescue each year as well as a hub village to explore before venturing out to the forest.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I actually enjoyed Ryse on Xbox One. I thought the game looked great too, will sure look amazing on PC. Will play when it's on sale

Dr Dogg

Some vaguely interesting new to about 6 people here. Just got an email from Sports Interactive letting me know about their latest marking scheme (InSIder or something) and a 10% off voucher for FM 2015. Though the interesting part is that there's going to be a beta for FM 2015 for prepurchasers. It doesn't say if this will a Steam app or if it is would be a separate one like a few other beta have been in the past. I've sent them an email to clarify the exact details and post anything if it constitutes good news (as in +1's for those of you who care).

By over here, do you mean Steam/PC?

No sorry what I meant was 'I wish I wasn't so stupid not to go check it was released in Europe before posting and now making myself look like a right plonker' ;)

FUCK YES.

Considering you were pondering if this was coming less than 24 hours ago and then it does what else do you want to come to PC oh great Stallodamus?

*holds* Yes, it's true, but don't hype yourself up too much, this is just for Dota custom game modes.
One step closer to Valve's next batch of games, it's good news nonetheless.

And Ryse will be released on PC, I never cared for Xbone exclusives, but will buy if on sale.

Jawmuncher

Bought Ryse on X1 for 24.99 and had no regrets. The game is a lot of fun and with the 4K resolution support more than likely will be the new PC graphics benchmark. I'll end up grabbing it again for the DLC and MP.

I thought that people didn't care for Ryse when it came out?

At launch the word was kind of negative but it has definitley gotten more positive as the months have gone on.
The combat is fast and fun and sort of a mix of DDR in some ways. Especially on harder difficulty where you need to keep your reactions tip top. Also the story was good for a piece set in roman times and there's a part they do with a certain character that's a huge breath of fresh air.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Ryse is not a good game and I despise Crytek but I will probably buy it on launch since I'm a big fan of ancient Rome

Khronico

So I found a mod for Jagged Alliance: Back in Action that fixes pretty much everything wrong/buggy/bad about the game. I'm going to download it and see if it makes the base game a worthy successor to Jagged Alliance 2.

I doubt it, but it may make it a good game in its own right. If it does, I'll be sure to tell you all.

Strazyplus

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bWq3xlLeIkbe-F0Pdq6ZZafcG5iYwO_ry7XjFHp-iaJw8eRa3j0iDPZaz04xlgQKFxfb296ODGIBgkw5I_nz3JY3_SPnBoaf-a89ld0wzkRAFg1HkQgf4G0_l1NFRKdYL5osasU=s0-d-e1-ft

The Witcher: Adventure Game -- MB-7BA1B0021B5526C5 - Taken by wetflame. 15 entrants total.
t1407425388z1.png

The Witcher: Adventure Game -- MB-85D2A58A9CC0A5F2 - Taken by Turfster. 13 entrants total.

t1407425628z1.png

WOO

Deitus

It still has Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, and Master Chief Collection.

;_;

Well Microsoft will hold on to KI and Halo (although some seem to be convinced the Master Chief Collection is coming to PC), I would be very surprised if we don't get a Sunset Overdrive port sometime next year.

Strider

Ryse is coming to PC huh? That's pretty cool. I heard it was ok and I wanted to try it out eventually. Will get when it's in the $5-10 range.

It's gonna look absolutely stunning on some higher end rigs.

killer instinct makes more sense on the PC given it's free to play nature and all.

Sunset Overdrive i just don't see because insomniac has never afaik done anything on the PC.

With MCC that shit is inevitable. Feels like that's not a matter of if but when.

Jawmuncher

killer instinct makes more sense on the PC given it's free to play nature and all.

Sunset Overdrive i just don't see because insomniac has never afaik done anything on the PC.

With MCC that shit is inevitable. Feels like that's not a matter of if but when.

This is still the oddest thing to me especially with Fuse.
Pretty sure it's not under EA's discretion anymore so a port would be a interesting way to test the waters a bit I think. Game was actually a lot of fun even when I played it solo. The amount of shit on screen for a console game was pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom