• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strazyplus

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bWq3xlLeIkbe-F0Pdq6ZZafcG5iYwO_ry7XjFHp-iaJw8eRa3j0iDPZaz04xlgQKFxfb296ODGIBgkw5I_nz3JY3_SPnBoaf-a89ld0wzkRAFg1HkQgf4G0_l1NFRKdYL5osasU=s0-d-e1-ft

The Witcher: Adventure Game -- MB-7BA1B0021B5526C5 - Taken by wetflame. 15 entrants total.
t1407425388z1.png

The Witcher: Adventure Game -- MB-85D2A58A9CC0A5F2 - Taken by Turfster. 13 entrants total.

t1407425628z1.png
Just to make sure everyone sees it, I added the second key!

-MD-

There was a multi-choice survey Microsoft did back at launch and "Killer Instinct on PC" was one of the options for it.

Need that.

Turfster

But how will we experience the true Ryse without Kinect commands?!

Anyway, Bundlestars Nordic Games sale day 4:
  • Spellforce Franchise 75% off
  • Darksiders Franchise 75% off
  • Supreme Commander Franchise 75% off
  • Desperados Franchise 80% off

Gamersgate GTA weekend, 75%-80% off

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I did it but Modbot randomly generated a giveaway for Witcher 1 and 2 :l
Dunno why the other user up here make it succesfully, I'm a living file :S

You didn't put a separator between the game name and the key

You put:
The Witcher: Adventure Game LQKEYGOESHERE
The Witcher: Adventure Game LQOTHERKEYGOESHERE

It guessed that The Witcher was the name of the game, and that Adventure Game LQKEYGOESHERE was the key. It's not psychic and doesn't know what you're submitting, so you need to be clear.

Again, your best bet is to put a separator between the game name and the key. For example:
The Witcher: Adventure Game - LQKEYGOESHERE

XdgGxlj.png

This information and more is in the ModBot tutorial thread.

Jawmuncher

But how will we experience the true Ryse without Kinect commands?!

Anyway, Bundlestars Nordic Games sale day 4:
  • Spellforce Franchise 75% off
  • Darksiders Franchise 75% off
  • Supreme Commander Franchise 75% off
  • Desperados Franchise 80% off

Gamersgate GTA weekend, 75%-80% off

The voice commands were dumb fun but so pointless.

FIRE THE VOLLEY was the main one I remember and you could just press LB instead to not sound like an idiot.

pahamrick

This comes out later today, I believe.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orbital Gear -- MB-650D2699656D46E1 - Taken by AsylumX. 20 entrants total.

t1407435768z1.png

Zia

That Ryse thread is shaping up to be as terrifying as the Halo one.

"Exclusives add value to my purchase!"

Wha-?

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad that Ryse is coming to PC. Ancient rome is a great setting.

Kifimbo

Late morning gift:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-89E326E8AEEFCD46 - Taken by FtHTiny

Jawmuncher

Well I hope I can try out this Witcher Game.
GOG is taking it's sweet ass time sending me a recover password email and im checking inbox and spam.

Dr Dogg

It's on my wishlist. Definitely going to grab it at some point.

I've only had a quick play around (whilst I was meant to be doing work hehehe) so I will post some further thoughts in here later on when I get back. I got completely blindsided this came out the other day and didn't see it in the coming soon section on the store page (it might well have been there but jumbled in with lots of other stuff). John Walker had some good things to say over at RPS and bizarrely I read the Kotaku review by Stephen Totilo who also seemed to like it. Must be opposite day or something.

HoosTrax

Ryse coming to PC still won't get me to give a shit about Ryse.
This particular genre is really not my cup of tea either, mainly because the games usually feature meathead bro-tastic main characters or whited-haired stereotypically Japanese leads. A Darksiders game featuring Fury might change my mind, and I still haven't gotten around to playing X-Blades, so there might be hope in the genre for me yet.

That said, I'm still willing to shell out $5-$10 for eye candy games, for some screenshotting goodness.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
no rabbits were harmed while creating this giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Overgrowth -- MB-9F6A9FE27D8C3A63 - Taken by electroflame. 42 entrants total.

t1407436968z1.png

Well, except one...
fWXMM2Y.gif

Deitus

This was my favorite.

So few words. So much wrong.

I dunno, is that wrong? I mean I'm not saying it's a bad thing for us that games are coming to the PC, but why would anyone buy an Xbox One at this point except for the exclusives? Microsoft are massively scaling back on their multimedia and Kinect stuff, and the TV integration didn't end up being that big of a deal. The only benefit of buying an Xbox One at this point is "It's the only place to play X game".

So if every Xbox One exclusive comes to PC eventually (which I would love), I'll never have a reason to buy an XBO. Doesn't really sound like a win for Microsoft, assuming they want to stay in the console business.

This is still the oddest thing to me especially with Fuse.
Pretty sure it's not under EA's discretion anymore so a port would be a interesting way to test the waters a bit I think. Game was actually a lot of fun even when I played it solo. The amount of shit on screen for a console game was pretty impressive.

I was interested in it back when it was overstrike and they were talking it up as basically resistance 2 coop: the game. The coop in R2 was the only really great thing about that game so i was looking forward to it. It tickled my PSO itch in a way that nothing before it or after it has.

Too bad it was focus tested to death and sent out to die. That EA didn't bother to push that onto (or shadows of the damned) onto PCs was and still is a shame.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Insomniac still owns the ip, so why not? no one expected Ryse.

The cynicism there stems from the fact that Insomniac has never made a PC game before, although you could chalk that down to the company previously having close ties to Sony. Fuse was EA-backed yet didn't release on the PC, though.

this is also true. think they had this on back burner just in case they current situation happened?
Perhaps it was always meant to be a timed exclusive, who knows?
"Graphics are 70% of the game, no need of a story".
The CEO is in the wrong business it seems.

Is a PC port supporting up to 4k really that noteworthy? Or just trying to throw in some exciting buzzwords.
Exciting buzzword, adding another resolution support is not hard.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
just wanted to give a public shoutout to corrosivefrost for his awesome killer is dead giveaway! i won overnight and woke up to that very great surprise. thanks again!

If I recall correctly, posters who lost the giveaway were annoyed with you winning because you don't post often or something to that effect.

I've seen you post before so I don't know what they were going on about.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 STARS OF DESTINY #2 -- MB-93CB0AD0E4E9565D - Taken by swx. 3 entrants total.
3 STARS OF DESTINY -- MB-32E3193E1B2B2614 - Taken by almostheathen. 2 entrants total.
BALLPOINT UNIVERSE -- MB-7C334A8B8B459D33 - Taken by lukiluk. 1 entrants total.

t1407427128z1.png

And Ship Simulator Bundle

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/ship-simulator-extremes-complete-bundle/

3,60€

rtcn63

no rabbits were harmed while creating this giveaway

I remember back when I played FFVII on my cousin's POS Vaio, I'd manipulate the punch-bunnies near Cid's place to attack my characters, so that I could abuse limit breaks. I'd reach level 3 limit breaks in so many hours.

Shadownet

Banned
If Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, my interest of buying an Xbox One drop to 5%.

I see the amazing Turf posted several deals going on today. Have anyone played Darksiders 1 & 2?

I only played the 1st one for a bit. Is the 2nd one any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom