• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I kinda liked Ryse. Wasn't great, but it was perty and the story was pretty good (I was big on Rome on HBO). Had no idea it had Kinect commands.

It was one of their big selling points before the gen started.µ

I see the amazing Turf posted several deals going on today. Have anyone played Darksiders 1 & 2?

I only played the 1st one for a bit. Is the 2nd one any good?

I gave up halfway through the first one. Never went to the second one.

Strider

I dunno, is that wrong? I mean I'm not saying it's a bad thing for us that games are coming to the PC, but why would anyone buy an Xbox One at this point except for the exclusives? Microsoft are massively scaling back on their multimedia and Kinect stuff, and the TV integration didn't end up being that big of a deal. The only benefit of buying an Xbox One at this point is "It's the only place to play X game".

So if every Xbox One exclusive comes to PC eventually (which I would love), I'll never have a reason to buy an XBO. Doesn't really sound like a win for Microsoft, assuming they want to stay in the console business.

Well it's not MS's doing, and the typo/spelling error just made it funny to me :p

It was so simple it gave me a chuckle. Truthfully it's not that wrong.

but yea in general I totally agree on your point about the One's exclusives coming to PC. I know there is a lot of rumors going around about the Halo MCC... If I was in charge no way that would come to PC or the 360 which is rumored as well.. Of course as a consumer I would love it if the MCC came to PC and would buy the PC version Day 1.

Thorgal

Checked my inbox just now :

naamlooslbplg.png

Don't mind if i do , Steam. don't mind if i do .

I really loved this game and you should, too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheLetdown, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-0E0C503D8248732B - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 1 entrants total.

t1407427548z1.png

iosefe

The cynicism there stems from the fact that Insomniac has never made a PC game before, although you could chalk that down to the company previously having close ties to Sony. Fuse was EA-backed yet didn't release on the PC, though.
right, i always forget that little detail. I can see it still being Xbox console exclusive, whether or not they make a pc release. having done an X1 version, wouldn't they technically be halfway there?
Perhaps it was always meant to be a timed exclusive, who knows?
the world may never know...

You can quote me on that.
>_>

_hekk05

Banned
Heck if Sunset Overdrive makes its way to PC aswell I'll give away 5 copies of the game here in this thread. You can quote me on that.

It seems very likely now that more third party exclusives will come to PC.

Hitting that quote button, even though I won't win

wilflare

Heck if Sunset Overdrive makes its way to PC aswell I'll give away 5 copies of the game here in this thread. You can quote me on that.

you'll give away 4.
im gonna learn the arts of Modbot-jacking to secure 1

edit: this may spark Modbot transformation into Skynet

HoosTrax

If I recall correctly, posters who lost the giveaway were annoyed with you winning because you don't post often or something to that effect.

I've seen you post before so I don't know what they were going on about.
The amount of salt that has arisen from the big ticket giveaways has gotten ridiculous.

I kind of envision a tongue-in-cheek proposal to do away with those giveaways and make it a merit-based points system. Have all potential entrants fill out a questionnaire asking about their personal income, how many Steam games they own, how many posts they have made in the Steam thread, how much free time they have daily, number of non-bundle fodder games they've donating, how often they volunteer for community service, how much they've donated to orphan care charities etc, and assign them points based on various criteria, where the person with the most points is deemed to be most deserving of the game in question...

...or people can just bloody lighten up and stop begrudging the lucky winners their game

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Is it actually a well crafted Sim or am I buying this regardless because it follows the "[Insert noun] Simulator" naming scheme?

I can't really say cause I never played it. The reviews are so so... but it also seems like this is not total crap like some of these so called simulators.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
right, i always forget that little detail. I can see it still being Xbox console exclusive, whether or not they make a pc release. having done an X1 version, wouldn't they technically be halfway there?

Yeah, pretty much, but it's entirely possible that Insomniac simply doesn't view the PC as as a worthwhile pursuit.

Edit: No reply from Deep Silver yet, but the image I linked to showing that I own all of the other Sacred games has three views. Perhaps there'll be a happy ending here after all.

abracadaver

This game is awesome:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

rfg63jzj.jpg

Red Faction Guerilla -- MB-1857F993A019E088 - Taken by Volimar. 6 entrants total.

t1407427788z1.png

If I recall correctly, posters who lost the giveaway were annoyed with you winning because you don't post often or something to that effect.

Apparently if you don't have the time to post lots you're relegated to obscurity. And then people wonder who it is that just won that awesome giveaway. I just got back from visiting family in Chicago. And I am really looking forward to diving into Killer is Dead. :D. I am also looking forward to hearing impressions from you guys on Super Street Fighter Ultra. I have the arcade edition on console and I'm considering grabbing it on Steam.

The amount of salt that has arisen from the big ticket giveaways has gotten ridiculous.

I kind of envision a tongue-in-cheek proposal to do away with those giveaways and make it a merit-based points system. Have all potential entrants fill out a questionnaire asking about their personal income, how many Steam games they own, how many posts they have made in the Steam thread, how much free time they have daily, number of non-bundle fodder games they've donating, how often they volunteer for community service, how much they've donated to orphan care charities etc, and assign them points based on various criteria, where the person with the most points is deemed to be most deserving of the game in question...

...or people can just bloody lighten up and stop begrudging the lucky winners their game

Seriously. It's a raffle, not a meritocracy :p

Deitus

I didn't see anyone get "annoyed" at him or anyone else who won. I saw one post where someone commented they didn't recognize the names of the winners, and another couple of posts joking about how JakeD reminds them of JaseC

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't see anyone get "annoyed" at him or anyone else who won. I saw one post where someone commented they didn't recognize the names of the winners, and another couple of posts joking about how JakeD reminds them of JaseC

Glad I wasn't recalling it correctly then.

Edit: Shadownet responded below.

I can't really say cause I never played it. The reviews are so so... but it also seems like this is not total crap like some of these so called simulators.

Thanks, I won't feel so bad buying it then.

Apparently if you don't have the time to post lots you're relegated to obscurity. And then people wonder who it is that just won that awesome giveaway. I just got back from visiting family in Chicago. And I am really looking forward to diving into Killer is Dead. :D. I am also looking forward to hearing impressions from you guys on Super Street Fighter Ultra. I have the arcade edition on console and I'm considering grabbing it on Steam.

If it makes you feel better, I recognize your name and avatar.

abracadaver

Another copy of Red Faction Guerilla:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

rfg63jzj.jpg

Red Faction Guerilla -- MB-0837B88F8F363FA3 - Taken by cardinalmind. 5 entrants total.

t1407428748z1.png

Good luck

Shadownet

Banned

I think that might have been me. But in my defense I wasn't annoyed. I was more or less surprised. I've seen JakeD around here before (not nearly enough unfortunately) but yeah I just thought it was unique that all 3 who one haven't posted much lately.

That's all. No bad feeling.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Mass_Pincup:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mass_Pincup, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher Adventure Game -- MB-4FDE291CA3E8BE1A - Taken by billmcdougal. 10 entrants total.

t1407438708z1.png

I think that might have been me. But in NY defense I wasn't annoyed. I was more or less surprised. I've seen JakeD around here before (not nearly enough unfortunately) but yeah u just thought it was unique that all 3 who one haven't posted much lately.

That's all. No bad feeling.
MakeshiftChef is new, mannerbot helped me a lot, both good guys.

Shadownet

Banned
MakeshiftChef is new, mannerbot helped me a lot, both good guys.

I usually remember the regular posters by their names. But everyone else that post every now and then. Mostly by their avatar..
So forgive me if I don't remember you. :3 Especially now that I've gotten two concussions in a lifetime.

Corpekata

Banned
I dunno, is that wrong? I mean I'm not saying it's a bad thing for us that games are coming to the PC, but why would anyone buy an Xbox One at this point except for the exclusives? Microsoft are massively scaling back on their multimedia and Kinect stuff, and the TV integration didn't end up being that big of a deal. The only benefit of buying an Xbox One at this point is "It's the only place to play X game".

So if every Xbox One exclusive comes to PC eventually (which I would love), I'll never have a reason to buy an XBO. Doesn't really sound like a win for Microsoft, assuming they want to stay in the console business.

The number of people that can have the "I'll just play it on my PC" reasons are likely to be very large. PC gaming, while on the rise, is still pretty niche, especially when it comes to something that can probably run Ryse. So while it might stop some people with impressive rigs, that's not a huge number of people.

Hugstable

Banned
Ugh the Rubber Banding in Final Fantasy XIV is so bad for me, and I have no idea how to get rid of it and enjoy the game normally. Right now it's unplayable for me as it was yesterday since I'm attacking an enemy, then everything just stops except my movement and 5-10 seconds later everything gets caught up and goes wild, usually ending with my death since I had alot of time where I couldn't do anything at all. Is there any fix to this or has anyone else had this problem? Gonna ask in the FFXIV OT as well.

killer instinct makes more sense on the PC given it's free to play nature and all.

Sunset Overdrive i just don't see because insomniac has never afaik done anything on the PC.

With MCC that shit is inevitable. Feels like that's not a matter of if but when.

I would be ALL OVER KI.
I would jump in day one at full price -- the FGC seems to have embraced the game and I'm dying to give it a shot to see if Double Helix is actually capable of making anything other than a dumpster fire.

I'd probably do some giveaways even...

pahamrick

Quick repost for new page.
This comes out today, I believe.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orbital Gear -- MB-650D2699656D46E1 - Taken by AsylumX. 20 entrants total.

t1407435768z1.png

Deadstar

Anyone having issues downloading updates? Mine says "Starting" but the download is 0 out of 0 and nothing is happening. First time something like this has happened.

Edit: I realized what was happening. If you don't have steam running in beta mode and you try to install the dota 2 workshop files it gets really screwy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of H1PSTER, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher: Adventure Game (GOG) -- MB-E9CD86CAC990C8FF - Taken by Mono. 14 entrants total.

t1407432707z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's the multiplayer only beta.

If you subscribed to Galaxy beta you have a chance to aquire two keys.
Yes, the game is still in beta, no one knows if those keys will turn into the full product (if the full product will be free2 play with microtransactions, a purchasable game or so).

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I actually got a email from gog a few minutes after your replies about beta keys, haha.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

The Witcher Adventure Game (beta) -- MB-52E70BC1A3E3C9EB - Taken by Snakethesniper. 3 entrants total.

t1407440148z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom