• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

i mean buy keys to open the drops, hope you get lucky

This is like trying to pay off your mortgage using nothing but winnings from lotto scratch-offs.

Best way to utilize GO is to buy the Operation passes day one, and flip the crates. I've probably made $50-100 profit without doing any trading whatsoever.

iosefe

This is like trying to pay off your mortgage using nothing but winnings from lotto scratch-offs.

Best way to utilize GO is to buy the Operation passes day one, and flip the crates. I've probably made $50-100 profit without doing any trading whatsoever.

i see. didn't realise how the system worked

MRORANGE

sooo steam says 3 hours for usf4....Hmmmmmm..

Oh wow, I'll get the DD version before I get the retail PS3 version this time.

r4IIu6B.gif

I can confirm that this is a super easy way to get money. Extra credit is awarded if you do this on more than one account, but it gets exponentially more difficult to manage (as you have to confirm drops on multiple accounts at once).

Won't be surprised if Bioware ends up on EA's chopping block. Looks like all the important people are leaving, just like Maxis a few years ago

Most of the people involved in the ending fiasco left a year ago. Muzyka, Zeschuk, Woo, Priestly. Those were the ones who stoked the fires and caused so much of the backlash.

That said, I also won't be surprised if they die off. They don't have a great track record with fans as of late.

Hugstable

Banned
i see. didn't realise how the system worked

Yeah usually the newest Operation crates sell for pretty high amounts the first week they are out. I remember selling an Operation Bravo case on day 1 for almost 17$ or so. If you want the skins inside the crates, much of the time it's better just to buy them off the community market as some of them aren't too expensive, except for AWP's, AKs and Deagles, those can get pricey.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah i was going to get the Darksiders franchise pack but $15 is an amount I do not have right now. I thought it might be like $10.

They don't seem to have Darksiders 2 by itself.

iosefe

Yeah usually the newest Operation crates sell for pretty high amounts the first week they are out. I remember selling an Operation Bravo case on day 1 for almost 17$ or so. If you want the skins inside the crates, much of the time it's better just to buy them off the community market as some of them aren't too expensive, except for AWP's, AKs and Deagles, those can get pricey.

and you use real cash to get into the ops or is it ingame stuff?

Shadownet

Banned
Alright GAF I need some help. I'm trying to use the DS4 for CSGO. I'm using DS4Windows right now and it's working great. I just can't get the mapping to stay like how I wanted it to be. I found the "controller.360" CFG file. This is a part of what is in it.

// these keys are defined in controller.cfg, config.360.cfg, AND controller.360.cfg
// Key bindings
bind "A_BUTTON" "+jump"
bind "B_BUTTON" "+reload"
bind "X_BUTTON" "+use"
bind "Y_BUTTON" "invnextnongrenade"
bind "L_SHOULDER" "+duck"
bind "R_SHOULDER" "+lookspin"
bind "BACK" "togglescores"
bind "START" "gameui_activate" // (start) button - pause

bind "L_TRIGGER" "+attack2"
bind "R_TRIGGER" "+attack"

bind "STICK2" "invnextitem"
bind "S1_UP" "xmove"
bind "S2_UP" "xlook"

bind "DOWN" "drop"

I need to somehow bind the "STICK2" to the mic. But I dont know what the mic command actually is. Is it just mic?
--------------------------------
So I need (STICK2) R3 to be (mic), D-pad up to be (knife), and right shoulder button to be (grenades and bomb)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrongArmSteady, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-3D96F2392FC4EB76 - Taken by BHK3

Alright GAF I need some help. I'm trying to use the DS4 for CSGO. I'm using DS4Windows right now and it's working great. I just can't get the mapping to stay like how I wanted it to be. I found the "controller.360" CFG file. This is a part of what is in it.

I need to somehow bind the "STICK2" to the mic. But I dont know what the mic command actually is. Is it just mic?
--------------------------------
So I need (STICK2) R3 to be (mic), D-pad up to be (knife), and right shoulder button to be (grenades and bomb)
Uh, you can change your button mapping in-game. y u do dis

Man... all the CS:GO make money back with operation cases, idle for drops, keys, etc. is way over my head lol. Maybe it's because I haven't played it yet.

Teeth

Do you have to be good at CS:GO to make money on it?

Are the crates given out regardless or do you need to meet certain conditions (kills/flags/whatever) to get them? Is it only based on team success?

Curious about the market on it. What are these "Operations"?

Enco

Any tips for the evil rain/wind boss fight in MGR?

After Raiden went crazy I thought I was going to be extra powerful or something. Seems like it's just a red glow :( What a missed opportunity.

Ozium

Are the crates given out regardless or do you need to meet certain conditions (kills/flags/whatever) to get them? Is it only based on team success?

crates drop randomly at the end of matches

operations are a pool of community maps and the ability to play those on valve's matchmaking servers, along w/ stat tracking and now 'missions' to complete (like kill x number of enemies w/ a usp-s in deathmatch) to drop more skins

Any tips for the evil rain/wind boss fight in MGR?

After Raiden went crazy I thought I was going to be extra powerful or something. Seems like it's just a red glow :( What a missed opportunity.

Parry all the things! Monsoon has a very defined pattern, you gotta learn it..

after this battle you get access to rage mode

Toshin

ok question

if i get usf4 pre purchase before it go live...i get a dlc pack...
if i do this, does it kill my chance to get a huge all in 1 dlc pack on deep discount later?

You can do nothing and make money, in time. All you need to do is play or idle on a VAC secured server (deathmatch is easiest if you're actually playing).

Operations are sort of map passes that allow you to earn more drops and the ability to complete "missions" which also give you a chance at a good drop. Previous operation passes allowed exclusive maps on mm servers.

Divius

Man... all the CS:GO make money back with operation cases, idle for drops, keys, etc. is way over my head lol. Maybe it's because I haven't played it yet.
Play the game > randomly get drops (weapons/cases/stickers) after games > sell those items on the market > make SteamMoney

fernandes

There are Idle Servers just like in TF2 if you just want the drops. Cases drop a little bit faster in competitive, though.

25 minutes of playtime in PIXELJUNK SHOOTERS and I can already tell it has the same charm and 'easy to pick up and play attitude' of the previous games I played. I will enjoy this very much.

The controls just feel so natural and the artstyle is dope as fuck.

I just finished Shooter Ultimate not to long ago and I loved it. You'll really like world 3, it has some of the best levels in the game. The boss fights are pretty cool as well that will require some thinking to get past.

My only gripe about the game was restarting a lvl after accidentally shooting a scientist :( which is pretty much my fault anyways. The game gets really devious later on as well by placing enemies right next to scientists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom