• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Any tips for the evil rain/wind boss fight in MGR?

After Raiden went crazy I thought I was going to be extra powerful or something. Seems like it's just a red glow :( What a missed opportunity.

Just keep countering everything.

Whenever he jumps down from throwing objects at you, you can hit him with a stun grenade so he won't just dodge all your attacks by splitting.

And you are more powerful with the red glow, but that only really comes into play after that fight, you can cut enemies directly in that mode without weakening them first.

Man... all the CS:GO make money back with operation cases, idle for drops, keys, etc. is way over my head lol. Maybe it's because I haven't played it yet.

You'll find it's pretty easy in practice, and it's an amazing game that's easily worth the money anyway.

Nabs

GMG on Ultra SFIV keys:

Hello,

Capcom have pulled forward the release to midnight and as such our USF4 keys will be released in the next few hours. This process may take a short while to complete so please be patient and check your inbox regularly for an email containing your key.

Karl

Tizoc

Is that steam roulette website down? The one that'll look thru ur library and chose a game for u to play.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the movie after I had watched the series and played the games, and I can safely say I have know idea what the plotline of the SF universe really is.

It's a gloomy comment on fighting game stories as a genre when Mortal Kombat has the most cohesive and well written one.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

After Raiden went crazy I thought I was going to be extra powerful or something. Seems like it's just a red glow :( What a missed opportunity.

Monsoon?

If you have any EMP grenades, use them, they will stun him and he will be easy to hit. When the screen gets smoky, don't move just stand still and parry his attacks. When he avoids all your attacks by splitting his body you should enter Blade Mode and try to chop him as much as possible then go for his head, this should bring him to his normal state and allow you to do damage to him. Imo he is the hardest boss in the game, because you need to learn to parry to defeat him without trouble

Teeth

crates drop randomly at the end of matches

operations are a pool of community maps and the ability to play those on valve's matchmaking servers, along w/ stat tracking and now 'missions' to complete (like kill x number of enemies w/ a usp-s in deathmatch) to drop more skins

There are Idle Servers just like in TF2 if you just want the drops. Cases drop a little bit faster in competitive, though.

You can do nothing and make money, in time. All you need to do is play or idle on a VAC secured server (deathmatch is easiest if you're actually playing).

Operations are sort of map passes that allow you to earn more drops and the ability to complete "missions" which also give you a chance at a good drop. Previous operation passes allowed exclusive maps on mm servers.

Thank you all, scholars and gentlemen.

Hugstable

Banned
Man... all the CS:GO make money back with operation cases, idle for drops, keys, etc. is way over my head lol. Maybe it's because I haven't played it yet.

Yeah it might be hard to understand til you actually play it, but each week you have a set amount of drops that could happen like getting 3-4 crates and sometimes 3-4 skins a week, and these crates and skins are able to be sold on the community market. Many times Valve runs these Operations that last for months that have New Maps in a new playlist for people to play, and for those who have the pass they get access to a new case drops for the new Operation that usually run for alot more money in the community market. When you hear of poeple getting alot for the crate early on in the Operation, it's usually due to the operation specific drops. Even still the current Operation Breakout cases are going for 1.40$ which stacks up overtime with the other cases. So it's pretty decent to take advantage of it pretty early on as if you get really lucky and get an early drop, you'll be making a decent amount of steam wallet dough.

iosefe

Yeah it might be hard to understand til you actually play it, but each week you have a set amount of drops that could happen like getting 3-4 crates and sometimes 3-4 skins a week, and these crates and skins are able to be sold on the community market. Many times Valve runs these Operations that last for months that have New Maps in a new playlist for people to play, and for those who have the pass they get access to a new case drops for the new Operation that usually run for alot more money in the community market. When you hear of poeple getting alot for the crate early on in the Operation, it's usually due to the operation specific drops. Even still the current Operation Breakout cases are going for 1.40$ which stacks up overtime with the other cases. So it's pretty decent to take advantage of it pretty early on as if you get really lucky and get an early drop, you'll be making a decent amount of steam wallet dough.

this is eye opening

Deitus

I guess others have answered already, but I already typed this up so I'll post it anyway.

The red glow does make you more powerful, the guy you are fighting is just that good. After you beat him, you gain access to that as a power move, and it is incredibly overpowered.

As for how to beat him, it's largely a reactionary fight. There are several points in the fight where you have no way to fight back, only defend yourself. When he drops a smoke bomb and attacks from all sides, you just have to parry until he's done (you can actually hit him at this point with defensive offensive, but it's risky). When he is in normal attack mode, just parry his attacks and hit him hard in between his combos. When he glows purple, that means he will phase through all of your normal attacks, but there may be a way you can hit him during this (wink, wink). And of course when he throws things at you, you need to slice them up before they hit you (except when it doesn't give you a blade mode prompt, then you should parry). It's an awesome fight, but there's not really a "trick" to it other than parry well and make good use of your opportunities to attack (although on the higher difficulties, there are actually a few tricks you can use).

You'll find it's pretty easy in practice, and it's an amazing game that's easily worth the money anyway.

Thanks guys

louiedog

The new Steam client beta just made two big changes. One is the look. The color scheme in the client now matches big picture and the mobile apps with the blue and I think it feels a little more responsive on this older machine.

You can also now hide games from your library.

Elija2

HOLY SHIT GUYS, I GOT MY FIRST EVER FOIL CARD!

ftjUXQQ.png

So...uhh...what should I do with it?

Posted? You can now play Battlefield 4 free for a week: https://www.origin.com/de-de/news/battlefield-4-game-time-free
Aw, shucks. Would have been all over that, if I only had a more powerful PC.
Wait, my English is not that good. Is it possible to get the game but activate the "week long trial" at a much later point (couple months later)? That would be ace.
Borderlands 1.75's pre-order should be up soon.
Is that the Moon Sequel, 1.75? Thought it's only coming to last-gen.

Double

Don't you mean Battlefield Hardline?
Nah I mean this ;D

Oh my god this is the most hilarious thing ever. Remember my earlier post about my LoL Penta? It was the first I was unable to record. Well, now I wanted to continue my Spelunky game from earlier this day (was too good a run to give up) before I had to drive to the restaurant celebrating my brothers birthay. So I just got back to Spelunky, starting OBS to record it as usual (in case some ridiculous deaths happen) and... what the fuck I am already recording? Holy shit i forgot to stop it when I played Spelunky earlier. 6 Hours recorded, most of them afk. 8 gigs file. Pentakill perfectly recorded. Holy fking shit what are the odds lol. Hell yeah!

Perfectly explains why my PC went apeshit freezing when LoL started too, making that game such a hard one for half of the time lol.

[...]
I would term Ys as ARPG, predominantly. A Japanese ARPG, but an ARPG nonetheless.
JRPGs, at least for me, are usually turn based with random encounters and are represented by franchises/games like: Chrono Trigger/Cross, Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, Legend of Dragoon, Super Mario RPG, Bravely Default, etc. Franchises such as Tales and Eternal Sonata, and Star Ocean also fit here although their combat is action instead of turn based.
While the Ys games are technically JRPGs since they were developed by a Japanese developer and contain an experience system and some equipment options, they're really more ARPGs sort of like Mass Effect 2 and 3 are predominantly third person shooters (with some RPG elements) as far as I'm concerned.
Eternia already answered your question about Ys Origin, but the "bump" games you are talking about are Ys 1 and 2.
Ys Origin (and Ys: Oath in Felghana which plays just like it) is a fast paced action game, with RPG elements, some platforming, and awesome music. The boss fights in these games are incredible (and brutal on the higher difficulty levels).
It does count as a JRPG, but it has a lot less story and dialogue than your average JRPG.
Wow, thanks for explaining so in depth. Think this is actually better as a gateway game into j/a/rpg, as I don't play turn-based games much. So much info, again thanks boys.

New Steam update changes the client a bit, small cosmetic change. Also you can hide games now

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/announcements/detail/243511798498996676

Hidden games are shown on the profile? But....no. Fix that Mr. Steam.

They are doing a lot of good things with the client now, but they really need to let us customize what we want to show or not show on our profiles a bit more. That's pretty basic functionality for any community site.

Saty

The new Steam client beta just made two big changes. One is the look. The color scheme in the client now matches big picture and the mobile apps with the blue and I think it feels a little more responsive on this older machine.

You can also now hide games from your library.
Oh my, little by little. Categories inside categories next, please.

H1PSTER

You know what's awesome?

When people actually send thank you messages after a giveaway.

Thank YOU guys for taking the time to do that.

Ozium

Is Rust worth jumping into? Some of the criticism seems harsh, but some people say it's good..

I was thinking of getting it via tf2 keys but now I'm not so sure and may grab something else instead...

Deitus

But, like, for how much? Should I go over the starting price or under?

Check the sales history. That right there tells you what other people have it listed for, but the cards that have actually sold could have been for much less than that.

Also, consider that the game was just in a bundle, so the prices are only going to drop when more people have the game. I would definitely undercut the average sale price by a bit in order to sell it as quick as possible before more people get the card.

Wow, thanks for explaining so in depth. Think this is actually better as a gateway game into j/a/rpg, as I don't play turn-based games much. So much info, again thanks boys.

Glad to help. Ys games are great, and I would definitely say they would be a good transition for someone who doesn't play a lot of turn base games.

Elija2

Steam says that the one sold today was only sold for $2.50. The most it was ever sold for was $3.30. My hopes have crumbled.

Deitus

Steam says that the one sold today was only sold for $2.50. The most it was ever sold for was $3.30. My hopes have crumbled.

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. Still, $2.50 is a great take. My last two foils sold for 35 and 50 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom