• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
iHQgM82vsB5Q3.gif

Elija2

I could sell my foil right now for just $1.30 or I can wait and see if someone with a sense of humour is willing to buy it for $4.20. Hmm...

Deitus

Amazing. Now I can buy tons of waifu games and hide my shame from my friends and family.

Not really though. But I think there are a couple games that I might play as a guilty pleasure that I have hesitated on buying because I didn't want to have to explain to people why I'm playing them.

dani_dc

Amazing. Now I can buy tons of waifu games and hide my shame from my friends and family.

Not really though. But I think there are a couple games that I might play as a guilty pleasure that I have hesitated on buying because I didn't want to have to explain to people why I'm playing them.

But this wouldn't hide it from your profile game list so people would still be able to find out about them that way, right?

GamersGate already gave me my SF4 Ultra key

I hate you again.

Slackers.

Because I want to :3

I fully support this.

Why would you want to use a controller to play the world's most competitive shooter?

Comfortability? That's why I use a pad for just about everything including FPS.

Not a good idea

It's a fine idea, sir. :p

Deitus

But this wouldn't hide it from your profile game list so people would still be able to find out about them that way, right?

I dunno. I guess I assumed it would.

Also, it would probably still report your status when you play the game, and list it as games recently played.

Andrefpvs

• Add "Hide this game in my library" functionality, accessible from the Set Categories menu. Games that are hidden will not show up in library filters except for a new filter called "Hidden", which will only appear once at least one game is marked as hidden. Hidden games are still available for play and will still appear on the user's profile.
Welp.

They're still shown on your public profile though. :p

Fix that Valve!

Edit: Beaten like a bad rat.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-5C9513CAF5ED0AD4 - Taken by taco543. 2 entrants total.

t1407455808z1.png

Mono

I wish play time could be hidden so that I could spend my deserving thousands of hours with my pigeon boyfriendos without being ridiculed!

Deitus

• Add "Hide this game in my library" functionality, accessible from the Set Categories menu. Games that are hidden will not show up in library filters except for a new filter called "Hidden", which will only appear once at least one game is marked as hidden. Hidden games are still available for play and will still appear on the user's profile.
Welp.

So then what's the point? To hide the game from yourself?

I guess if you had children who used your Steam account, you could put inappropriate games in there, but they'd probably figure out how to find the Hidden Games section anyway.

Dr Dogg

I guess if you had children who used your Steam account, you could put inappropriate games in there, but they'd probably figure out how to find the Hidden Games section anyway.

Well there was the case of one HolyBaikal. That was an interesting, funny, and hectic couple of hours then ended in a meltdown. If only this was around then the pain might had been less.
I very much doubt it

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

It will be useful for hiding the beta apps that come with some games (Chivalry, Divinity Dragon Commander, L4D2 etc)

Mono

I'd imagine most of your friends will probably be doing the same.

Very true! \o/

In all seriousness, it would be nice to exclude certain games from the overall playtime list thing! I spend a lot of time in RPG Maker and I find it weird that Steam treats software the same as it treats games in this regard, since it's in a seperate library space.

Very true! \o/

In all seriousness, it would be nice to exclude certain games from the overall playtime list thing! I spend a lot of time in RPG Maker and I find it weird that Steam treats software the same as it treats games in this regard, since it's in a seperate library space.

I really regret not picking up that RPG Maker bundle not too long ago.

I wish play time could be hidden so that I could spend my deserving thousands of hours with my pigeon boyfriendos without being ridiculed!

Nothing wrong with spending excessive time with your Pigeon boyfriendos. It's a perfectly natural thing to do, and anyone who says otherwise will be getting hit in the head with a blunt object.

Hugstable

Banned
Hmm I might have to actually pick up the Humble Bundle later, only own yS Origin, One Way Heroics and Asterbreed so there is quite a bit for me there. Thankfully I already got Astebreed so I can just go for the 6$ tier. Pretty good bundle though, if just for yS Origin and 10$ Astebreed (everyone needs these games!)

Deitus

Well there was the case of one HolyBaikal. That was an interesting, funny, and hectic couple of hours then ended in a meltdown. If only this was around then the pain might had been less.
I very much doubt it

Wait, what happened with HolyBaikal? I know they got banned, but I never knew the details.

It will be useful for hiding the beta apps that come with some games (Chivalry, Divinity Dragon Commander, L4D2 etc)

I just move those to a category and minimize the category. Same with Demos.

Strike vector is really fun!

I bought it during the sale, so I was a little disappointed to see that it went bundle. But if the servers are as dead as I've heard, perhaps that's good. Maybe GAF should play some night.

You can do nothing and make money, in time. All you need to do is play or idle on a VAC secured server (deathmatch is easiest if you're actually playing).

Operations are sort of map passes that allow you to earn more drops and the ability to complete "missions" which also give you a chance at a good drop. Previous operation passes allowed exclusive maps on mm servers.

Are there servers that idling is acceptable in? I don't think I'd necessarily play, but I wouldn't want to idle and ruin anyone's game either.

Go for the joke. I currently have Freedom on the market for $1.05

I haven't seen any laughs yet, but I thought this was pretty good XD

Is there a new version of the Steam client? Mine just updated and it looks slightly different. Also, it's super broken.
The Beta client just updated, yeah. And are you using the default skin? A friend of mine is complaining about crashing and stuff on the latest client with the default skin, but here I am with Air and no problems. Shit's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom