• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So then what's the point? To hide the game from yourself?

I guess if you had children who used your Steam account, you could put inappropriate games in there, but they'd probably figure out how to find the Hidden Games section anyway.

Steam already has parental controls to do that, provided you have a family account. The point is to clean up your library.

Mono

I really regret not picking up that RPG Maker bundle not too long ago.

Ooo, that's too bad. :( It's a great engine -- really simple and completely doable even if you don't know any programming, too. It probably won't ever get that low again.

Nothing wrong with spending excessive time with your Pigeon boyfriendos. It's a perfectly natural thing to do, and anyone who says otherwise will be getting hit in the head with a blunt object.

image.php

You get it!

If you play a game offline does it still count towards total playtime?

If you're in offline mode, it probably won't, but it still records hours and achievements when you're offline in the chat!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I find myself with several Ys games and I'm not sure what order to play them in. I've got Origins, I and II Chronicles Plus, Oath in Felghana, and Memories of Celceta. The last Ys game I played was Ys III on SNES.

Origins is the sticking point. Do I play it first? Last? Somewhere in the middle?
I played Ys 1 a week or two ago and thought it was great. It holds up pretty well, and once you get a hang of the combat system it becomes enjoyable and fun. It was my first time with the saga, by the way.

I even managed to beat it without a guide (though Nabs told me I could skip the first monsters Adol encounters instead of fighting them with my bare hands, as I had missed getting a free sword in the beginning, and I was getting very frustrated when those enemies killed me repeatedly), so if I could do it anyone can too. If you don't mind old-school top-down real-time action RPGs (this one's pretty light on the latter), then I can recommend Ys 1.

Sendou

I'm proud to introduce backlog clearing redefinied made possible with Valve adding the feature to hide games:

backlogclearingredefitsjzx.png

This is my full library until I have either beaten the games or shelved them otherwise.

Mono

I'm proud to introduce backlog clearing redefinied made possible with Valve adding the feature to hide games:

backlogclearingredefitsjzx.png

This is my full library until I have either beaten the games or shelved them otherwise.

How long did it take you to hide all of those other game?!

This is a pretty good idea.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's so stupid that they added the blue gradient to the client... and made the status-change text in list mode (IE downloading, syncing, etc) a bright cyan... and then made the play/Install button GREEN. Like, colour isn't just about randomly using whatever you haven't already used.

Ozium

I played Ys 1 a week or two ago and thought it was great. It holds up pretty well, and once you get a hang of the combat system it becomes enjoyable and fun. It was my first time with the saga, by the way.

I even managed to beat it without a guide (though Nabs told me I could skip the first monsters Adol encounters instead of fighting them with my bare hands, as I had missed getting a free sword in the beginning, and I was getting very frustrated when those enemies killed me repeatedly), so if I could do it anyone can too. If you don't mind old-school top-down real-time action RPGs (this one's pretty light on the latter), then I can recommend Ys 1.

Ys I is an enjoyable romp until the end boss.

Fuck that guy.

dani_dc

I find myself with several Ys games and I'm not sure what order to play them in. I've got Origins, I and II Chronicles Plus, Oath in Felghana, and Memories of Celceta. The last Ys game I played was Ys III on SNES.

Origins is the sticking point. Do I play it first? Last? Somewhere in the middle?

Anywhere is a good place to start, Ys I and II are pretty fun if you can get the hang of them (II especially).

Ys Oath in Felghana is a remake of Ys III and plays very differently from Ys I and II, and it's a standalone story, so you can start there and not miss anything.

Ys Origins was released after Oath (they both run in the same engine and play similarly), and it's a prequel to I and II, so you might miss a couple references, but it's more than playable without touching the other games.

I'd recommend playing them in release order: Ys I -> Ys II -> Ys Oath In Felghana (Remake of Ys III) -> Ys Origins

If Ys I and II don't click with you, just play the two "modern" Ys in order: Oath -> Origins

Memories of Celceta is the only one you mentioned I haven't played, so I can't comment on it.

Dr Dogg

Wait, what happened with HolyBaikal? I know they got banned, but I never knew the details.

I hope you don't mind a long and maddening read. It could take me age to find the start but they had a game on their account they wanted removed for whatever reasons and despite the advice given by multiple people in the thread they kept on bringing it up and up. Here's where things pick up about a couple of days later and then it starts to spiral out of control.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=52142106#post52142106

Sad thing is I don't think we ever got to know the game that caused so much of a fuss.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I hope you don't mind a long and maddening read. It could take me age to find the start but they had a game on their account they wanted removed for whatever reasons and despite the advice given by multiple people in the thread they kept on bringing it up and up. Here's where things pick up about a couple of days later and then it starts to spiral out of control.

Sad thing is I don't think we ever got to know the game that caused so much of a fuss.

it was saint's row 3

L.O.R.D

brothers and sisters
i have a sin to confess
one day i won Bad Rats
i accepted it , but not redeem it
now,, it in my inventory , sitting there, like a black dot in my account

every time i see it , evil ideas come back to me , its really evil ideas
i laugh , a very evil laugh
my little brother stare at me in strange way wondering what i am thinking
then i look at him.....and immediately close my profile and saying to my self
"what the hell was i am thinking,,,,I CAN'T DO THAT"

then i close my laptop and go out to do something

this is happening from time to time, i fear i might do it one day

Jawmuncher

brothers and sisters
i have a sin to confess
one day i won Bad Rats

If you accept it you can idle and get free money.

Ozium

brothers and sisters
i have a sin to confess
one day i won Bad Rats

someone doesn't like ~60 cents in free card money, nor do they like exciting physics based puzzles

get this man a drink

iosefe

brothers and sisters
i have a sin to confess
one day i won Bad Rats

stream it. wear it with pride. we must all do our time

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of taco543, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Darksiders Franchise Pack -- MB-FBA1B1473A8EAD4E - Taken by Blak_Status. 46 entrants total.

t1407457729z1.png

Mono

Rofl, I pressed 'C' in Saints Row IV expecting to crouch... and my character starts dancing. I love this game!

Shadownet

Banned
So a big thank you to iosefe and electroflame for helping me out with the controller issue for CSGO. I decided to play a casual match with the controller, ended up 9-15 (K/D) so I'm not as good with the controller.

But it was a good learning experience though, at least now I can play Sanic Racing with a controller. ^__^ and hopefully Yaiba when I get it.

KingDirk

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shovel Knight -- MB-976EFD778A7C5284 - Taken by dxhc99. 170 entrants total.

t1407477466z1.png

Reposting because I am dumb and forgot to do autorepost.

Deitus

Oh wow. That was way before my time on SteamGAF, but it was very entertaining (sorry HolyBaikal). I don't think I'll go all the way down the rabbit hole though, just the bit I've seen (including the meltdown that led to the ban) is enough.

Although...

it was saint's row 3

This makes it even more entertaining.

fenners

Like a lot of people, I already have One Way Heroics because of the recent Steam Sale. Great lil rogue-like with some interesting twists on the genre.

ModBot said:
Instructions for fenners:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-5C937F9627E6C551 - Taken by Emperor_EL. 10 entrants total.

t1407464989z1.png

Some games from the new humble bundle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Astebreed -- MB-1DE8848A61748B01 - Taken by freshVeggie. 46 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-489F29871E67CD3B - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-CA9EA0B0BB6AA535 - Taken by Htown. 16 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-2B6B106932F62DC2 - Taken by darkchewie. 20 entrants total.

t1407465109z1.png

wilflare

just woke up... lol
and those Astebreed cards are REALLY tanking in terms of prices now

should have sold when I had a chance to... but I love the game too much :/ wanted to craft the badge
(for reference, some of them were going for about a $1 each)

Mono

It is a great game. You know you can choose what dance they do in character customization right?

Omg, that's awesome! I'm still doing the tutorial/intro mission so I haven't had a chance to customize my guy yet!

Are you using the Steam Beta client?

That must be the problem. I was hoping they would add something like that! It's a bit silly to have to select all of your games one by one for categories.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hahaha? Really? Well I can think of worse things (even more so now the flood gates have opened) but hey each to their own.

Oh wow. That was way before my time on SteamGAF, but it was very entertaining (sorry HolyBaikal). I don't think I'll go all the way down the rabbit hole though, just the bit I've seen (including the meltdown that led to the ban) is enough.

Although...

This makes it even more entertaining.

Here's his reasoning. It should be noted that he has a very peculiar world view so I can see how Saint's Row did not quite line up with it but... man I don't know how he ended up with the game without knowing what it was.

iosefe

Omg, that's awesome! I'm still doing the tutorial/intro mission so I haven't had a chance to customize my guy yet!

That must be the problem. I was hoping they would add something like that! It's a bit silly to have to select all of your games one by one for categories.
god bless that intro scene

Ha, the Air skin doesn't seem to support the hidden games stuff just now, so now I can't even access the list of them as far as I can tell. Think I might prefer it this way actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom