• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Hopefully Steam will release a Win 8 App so I don't have to use the desktop ever again.

My man. I was just thinking the same thing.
-------------------------------------------------------
I had to stop using Metro for Steam because it was getting a bit boggy. It probably need an update.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pivvot - If you liked Super Hexagon, buy this. Seriously. $5. Way cool. Zen trippy. Instant restart. Dodge obstacles. Geometry. Multiplayer support (yes, really!) You should even buy it if you feel like you loved Super Hexagon but found it too hard. Very very awesome. Thanks Gravelord... or should we say Graveyard..._Nito.

How and where does one acquire keys to trade for games.
Dispenser and tf2outpost are recommended for trading or is there another place? Also dispenser or tf2outpost?

Paypal fees suck and with keys I could circumvent those.

BHK3

Banned
Do you guys just all sell your cards? When is it worth making the badges?

Hell no
dbb3927960.png

I'm stocking up for the winter sale event, gonna craft every badges for every game I like(most are gonna be from levels 0-5) and get those juicy extra holiday cards for even more badges. I only craft badges for games I like, anything else gets traded for stuff I need, I sell very few.

dani_dc

Pivvot - If you liked Super Hexagon, buy this. Seriously. $5. Way cool. Zen trippy. Instant restart. Dodge obstacles. Geometry. Multiplayer support (yes, really!) You should even buy it if you feel like you loved Super Hexagon but found it too hard. Very very awesome. Thanks Gravelord... or should we say Graveyard..._Nito.

First I heard of the game, looks great, I'll wishlist it for now (too much to play at the moment), thanks for the suggestion.

Would you say the game is better suited for PC play or Tablet?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
First I heard of the game, looks great, I'll wishlist it for now (too much to play at the moment), thanks for the suggestion.

Would you say the game is better suited for PC play or Tablet?

Not sure if it has a tablet version, but like Super Hexagon either would work. There are only two controls, left and right. Personally I did better at Super Hexagon on PC than tablet, so I'd guess that'd be true here too.

Hugstable

Banned
Killer is Dead is insane fun so far even though I'm getting my ass whooped a bit in Episode 4. Started the game on hard and thought it was gonna be super easy after those first 2 missions, but mission 3 set me in my place and whooped my ass enough for me to want to go down to Normal from Very Hard. Really enjoying the fighting in this game so far

Wow I haven't even heard of this game til now, looks pretty neat.

rookiejet

Still no USF4 from GMG, and I ruined my diy arcade stick's paint job by applying lacquer instead of enamel clearcoat. Was so mad that now I'm tired (╯︵╰,)

MRORANGE

Street Fighter AE has started downloading to ULTRA

Take this with a pinch of salt but apparently a deve mentioned that people who own SSFIV:AE will have their app title change to USFIV (but will not have UTLRA content), this is due to DLC/Expansion issue,

Kinda want to buy and play Cloud Chamber, looks fun and shit, guess I'm a sucker for aliens and conspiracies from loving the X Files back in the day.

Street Fighter AE has started downloading to ULTRA

Take this with a pinch of salt but apparently a deve mentioned that people who own SSFIV:AE will have their app title change to USFIV (but will not have UTLRA content), this is due to DLC/Expansion issue,

Yeah, it's kind of annoying, I'm going to forget I don't actually own the Ultra edition.

ArjanN

GMG is really climbing my shitlist quickly here.

Eh, they're working on it, kinda hard to blame them given that Capcom sped up the release at the last minute.

You know GMG is based on the UK and it's 1AM there, right? They can only send the keys after they get them from Capcom and into their key distribution system. Unless they have someone at the office now, you'll probably get your keys tomorrow. Check the pre-orders FAQ before buying things: https://forums.playfire.com/gmg/thread/116395

They've already said they're working on it, and to keep checking your e-mail often.

dani_dc

Not sure if it has a tablet version, but like Super Hexagon either would work. There are only two controls, left and right. Personally I did better at Super Hexagon on PC than tablet, so I'd guess that'd be true here too.

It does, for both Android and iOS.

I was hoping to get something to play on tablet. but overall I also did (considerably) better on Super Hexagon on PC, so I suppose I'll pick this one for PC as well. Thanks for the input!

wilflare

gotta say wilflare is an amazing guy. He sent me a copy of Darksiders Franchise. <3 Zelda bros.

#Zeldabros4lyfe

make sure to play it with a controller :p

-insert shameless plug-

Use DS4Windows by J2K
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=51535

you can read more about the development here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-yet-another-DualShock-4-driver?page=111

EDIT: Please note that J2K's version is a fork of DS4Windows - he uses the same thread (as Nabs in posts below)
Please ensure you download the J2K fork from J2K (or Jay2Kings) forum signature link - and not the one in the opening post - that's not the one I'm using.

- supports profiles (so even for games that do not have controller support, you can map them to work and save it as a profile)
- supports multiple controller (for that local multiplayer fun)
- supports DS4 lightbar (you can turn it off or set it to glow a different color with different profiles)
- supports the touchpad (pretty nifty)
- supports shift-key modifier (now you can make any button behave like a Shift key to add even more functionality! imagine this - Press the Share Button once and then the Square button to screenshot or Triangle button to stream/save video)

:D

Just got this from crafting Sniper Elite V2 badge.
b1cprBh.png

And I got this from Speedrunners badge.
1L6SV9M.png

I think Steam is trying to tell me something.

That HolyBaikal thing is actually kind of hilarious. A little too dramatic for something that can easily be fixed, especially if it's just one game.

I've been sorting through the crap games in my library myself. Not because I don't want to be seen with them or anything, but because I don't want to work my way through a backlog of trash games. I also want to be able to 100% as many as I can.

I just compile a list, send to to support asking them to end my subscription, and those games are gone forever. I made another account, and that's where I put all the garbage/dupe games I get from now on. I think I've removed like 150ish (no, it didn't take as long as you might think) games already, still got a bit of sorting to do though.

I also find it amusing how they dislike Saints Row because of the "gross" sexual stuff, but he was anticipating Skullgirls, which is probably as driven (if not more) by sexualization as Saints Row.

I dont know about this new round taskbar icon

4Uefkc5.png

but I guess its round everywhere else (universe, BP etc) by now

That's neat. I changed my icon to the hardware badge image a while back, I thought it looked pretty sweet.

Wt0rw50.png

iosefe

#Zeldabros4lyfe

make sure to play it with a controller :p

-insert shameless plug-

what i find best is mapping the fanacy stuff to the touchpad. turn of using the touchpad as a mount, remap the left side, right side, top, and multi touch to good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom