• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

I hope you don't mind a long and maddening read. It could take me age to find the start but they had a game on their account they wanted removed for whatever reasons and despite the advice given by multiple people in the thread they kept on bringing it up and up. Here's where things pick up about a couple of days later and then it starts to spiral out of control.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=52142106#post52142106

Sad thing is I don't think we ever got to know the game that caused so much of a fuss.

Heh, I remember that, shit went so bad that I had to honor it the next Steam OT title:

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

swx

yes cards for sf!!...
and i don't have ultra :DD

eau0SjC.png

jblank83

Anyone recommend Insurgency? It is on sale

I wrote an unpopular review for it that caused some controversy in that game's community at the time of launch, as I tried to avoid a scathing critique of the game by instead using humor to express my boredom with uncreative shooting games. That didn't go over so well so I wrote a second, matter of fact review.

Ultimately, my thoughts were that it was a boring but competent alternative to Counter Strike, which apes CS's interface and setup closely, does nothing interesting or unique in the genre, has a couple of interesting maps, weak production values (art/sound), and a small, obnoxious community (terrible discussions on voice chat, but the same goes for most games). If you haven't had your fill of CS:GO, stick with that. If you really need something new, Insurgency is a decent but unexciting alternative.

Looks like it's on a free weekend, though. So you can decide for yourself what you think of it.

Evrain

yes cards for sf!!...
and i don't have ultra :DD

eau0SjC.png
One moment, something is wrong here: I checked my own copy of SSF4AE and now it says "Ultra SSF4", what the heck? Did we get a free upgrade or is Capcom playing with my feelings (again, after cancelling X9)?

Volimar

One moment, something is wrong here: I checked my own copy of SSF4AE and now it says "Ultra SSF4", what the heck? Did we get a free upgrade or is Capcom playing with my feelings (again, after cancelling X9)?

It changed the name, but according to this thread, you don't get the ULTRA content.

No, they just renamed it to ultra.
http://steamdb.info/app/45760/history/
* Changed name Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition › Ultra Street Fighter IV
about an hour ago
* Changed store name Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition › Ultra Street Fighter® IV

Asking for new page.

Anyone here sell tf2 keys ? They go for 1,86€ ( 2,48 $ ) on the market.

If there's one thing I learned, it's that there's always a cheaper place.

Dam some nice things in the new steam update. Hiding finally in and

Fix game details panel scrolling to the top during game download/update

Hallelujah

Mono

We need to play co-op mode sometimes :)

For sure! :D

Honestly, I don't remember that having any impact on anything at all. None of the choices you make in the game have any real impact on the story (it's just not that type of game), and if anything are only there as a parody of games that have dialogue choices. Although there is a really amusing choice you get right at the beginning of the game after you make your character that I found hilarious (you'll know it when you see it), but again it doesn't effect anything.

Oooh yes, that was great! This game goes so far into meta game parody that it kind of reverses on itself, making the game actually good, lol! I really like driving around; I hope it's the kind of game where you can wander around doing whatever aside from the main quest like GTA. Seems like it so far!

GMG is really climbing my shitlist quickly here.

GMG is seriously the worst! They've given me wrong keys, they take forever, and their support is absolutely awful. I don't think I'm going to buy anything from their store now that I've spent my Playfire money.

MRORANGE

Asking for new page.

Anyone here sell tf2 keys ? They go for 1,86€ ( 2,48 $ ) on the market.

If there's one thing I learned, it's that there's always a cheaper place.

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.

I have an old PS3 Fight Stick. Anyone have any experience getting those working on PC?

Have you checked it first and made sure your PC recognizes it? in most games it's easily picked up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Witcher adventure game beta -- MB-2AF1FA606EDBDAD4 - Taken by chronomac

Head on over to https://secure.gog.com/redeem to redeem it

zkylon

zkylewd
so gods will be watching got an update with a non-rng mode

that's very cool on their part, my praises to the devs

dunno if i'll give it another shot cos all the torture and innocent killing made me uncomfortable but gotta give kudos to ppl not being prideful idiots for once :>

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
First I heard of the game, looks great, I'll wishlist it for now (too much to play at the moment), thanks for the suggestion.

Would you say the game is better suited for PC play or Tablet?

Not sure if it has a tablet version, but like Super Hexagon either would work. There are only two controls, left and right. Personally I did better at Super Hexagon on PC than tablet, so I'd guess that'd be true here too.

On both iOS and Android and plays perfectly fine on both. I too did better on PC for Super Hexagon, but I have to admit I had a lot more fun with it on iOS because I got more engrossed into moving my fingers and holding the device, tilting it as I went like one of those crazed people seen in game adverts.

Great game Pivvot, I'm sure I'll end up buying it again on PC as well.

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
Could have sworn I read JaseC suggesting a member for cheap tf2 keys though and there wasn't any warning. That's why I asked. But I couldn't remember who.
But this settles it then for good. Welp.

Jawmuncher

so gods will be watching got an update with a non-rng mode

that's very cool on their part, my praises to the devs

dunno if i'll give it another shot cos all the torture and innocent killing made me uncomfortable but gotta give kudos to ppl not being prideful idiots for once :>

Might give it a shot now. Since the RNG was sounding too painful on some of those eps.

GMG is seriously the worst! They've given me wrong keys, they take forever, and their support is absolutely awful. I don't think I'm going to buy anything from their store now that I've spent my Playfire money.

With playfire rewards dwindling and my desire to pursue them gone as a result, other than using my remaining bucks on some cheap stuff, I think I'm done with them after this. Capcom's fault or no, they've known about the launch moving up for hours... and yet, none of the preorder keys have been given out yet.

As Rickenslacker says:

Yeah getting Ultra for a couple bucks off at GMG hasn't paid off at this point.

unacceptable

one million years dungeon

I got it for free with the credit.
And then I bought a copy for a GAFer.
And he refused it.
I should have fuckin' kept it and used it myself.
With our luck, these keys will not include the pre-order costumes now either.

GMG is a UK company, it's like 2am here, you ain't getting your key tonight ;p

That's funny, cause GMG has said they're "working on it".
Funny thing about customer service. When done right, especially when you're a global storefront, it involves shit like working past midnight.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ys I is an enjoyable romp until the end boss.

Fuck that guy.
I admit he wasn't a piece of cake, but once I realized the trick to that fight I managed to beat him after dying a couple of times more. Not easy, but also not as hard as I first thought. It probably takes a little bit of skill and quite a bit of luck, but it can be done. On Normal at least, didn't try Nightmare.

MRORANGE

Could have sworn I read JaseC suggesting a member for cheap tf2 keys though and there wasn't any warning. That's why I asked. But I couldn't remember who.
But this settles it then for good. Welp.

The general rule is to try and keep trade talk out of this thread for personal gain, as there were arguments previously on which gaffer was giving the best deal and such,

We do have a specific buy/trade thread for Steam stuff though:

Steam Trading |OT| Use the spreadsheet & read rules before posting!

also:

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

zkylon

zkylewd
Might give it a shot now. Since the RNG was sounding too painful on some of those eps.

it's got also a "tell me a story" mode that's basically challenge-free and also an rng-less easy mode

i think that might be enough to please everyone

i mean i didn't get too far into it cos it kind of grossed me out but making modes that remove features evidently isn't the best solution but it's still fine. devs are capable of making some powerful, gripping shit, they just need a gameplay that supports it. i mean i'm not necessarily against rng (like, it makes sense given the context and goes along with the "life fucking sucks" message the game is conveying) as long as replaying isn't punished to heavily, which i feel like this game did by making everything so slow and tedious.

a lot about this game is interesting, i'll def try it again.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-CC63C8202560CE4D - Taken by jmizzal. 5 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-B13EC84726E96013 - Taken by KingDirk. 1 entrants total.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher Adventure Game (GOG) -- MB-086BA9637CCAF54E - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.

t1407462169z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom