• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Astebreed -- MB-1DE8848A61748B01 - Taken by freshVeggie. 46 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-489F29871E67CD3B - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-CA9EA0B0BB6AA535 - Taken by Htown. 16 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-2B6B106932F62DC2 - Taken by darkchewie. 20 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Astebreed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for One Way Heroics was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ys Origin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407465109z1.png

Really off topic, would you guys be down for GAF Starcraft 2 night? It's free to play and we can do 4v4s amongst ourselves or do FFA's or even Phantom mode (7v1, the 1 is unknown to others)

Totally. The campaign lost its charms far faster than 1's did. And I'm too nervous to try competitive multiplayer.

Jawmuncher

Really off topic, would you guys be down for GAF Starcraft 2 night? It's free to play and we can do 4v4s amongst ourselves or do FFA's or even Phantom mode (7v1, the 1 is unknown to others)

I would be down for Starcraft 2.
But only if we play THE THING in starcraft arcade.

it's got also a "tell me a story" mode that's basically challenge-free and also an rng-less easy mode

i think that might be enough to please everyone

i mean i didn't get too far into it cos it kind of grossed me out but making modes that remove features evidently isn't the best solution but it's still fine. devs are capable of making some powerful, gripping shit, they just need a gameplay that supports it. i mean i'm not necessarily against rng (like, it makes sense given the context and goes along with the "life fucking sucks" message the game is conveying) as long as replaying isn't punished to heavily, which i feel like this game did by making everything so slow and tedious.

a lot about this game is interesting, i'll def try it again.

That tell me a story mode sounds like it was for me. I love when games do that sort of thing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Pivvot - If you liked Super Hexagon, buy this. Seriously. $5. Way cool. Zen trippy. Instant restart. Dodge obstacles. Geometry. Multiplayer support (yes, really!) You should even buy it if you feel like you loved Super Hexagon but found it too hard. Very very awesome. Thanks Gravelord... or should we say Graveyard..._Nito.
Don't make me do this. Not you, Stump. I shouldn't be buying more games right now, I have a lot to play...

But I loved Super Hexagon, and I did find it too hard but managed to beat it anyway. NO! I gotta be strong. Tell you what, I'll wait for the Winter Seal and get it then. By that time I hope I've cleared a couple of games, so I won't feel so guilty about it.

Ventara

Just disabled avatars and images, and this thread feels so different. I actually have to read stuff instead of casually figuring out what's going on via the images, lol. I had to disable them since I'm 5GB away from hitting my cap, and I still have 5 days to go. If I were to download Wasteland 2 now, I'd have to pay about $50 for going over my cap, lol. So I'll be playing some offline games for the next few days and catching up on my backlog.

And I saw someone giving away Darksiders Franchise Pack. Is that on sale somewhere?

Coppanuva

I already have OWH but it's awesome so uhh... Someone get it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Coppanuva, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

One Way Heroics -- MB-6086E5A7A91CFBA5 - Taken by Gurthang

diablogod

Totally. The campaign lost its charms far faster than 1's did. And I'm too nervous to try competitive multiplayer.

I really liked HOTS campaign. It reminded me of the Warcraft 3 hero focused RTS gameplay style.

Also jshackles is amazing. I love enhanced steam and idlemaster.

Amused by the 'omg where my ultra key' post over at gmg forums.

edit: And I guess here as well. Hum.

I'm extremely irritated because I could get it for $7 from my hookup.
And I did.
And I gave it away cause I've had a fucking GMG preorder since the day it went up -- and GMG has always been good with keys when it came to early releases and the like...

Last pre-order from GMG, especially if this fiasco costs me the pre-order costume pack.

And I did.
And I gave it away cause I've had a fucking GMG preorder since the day it went up -- and GMG has always been good with keys when it came to early releases and the like...

Last pre-order from GMG, especially if this fiasco costs me the pre-order costume pack.

My past experience with GMG pre-orders taught me the same thing. They get your money early and 'lock in' a key for you but most of the time they simply get the regular keys without any of the pre-order content AND you get the key later than if you were to pre-order it either in an actual shop or on steam. The only time to pre-order from them is if their price is that much better and you don't care about the additional content or getting the key on time.

wilflare

which games should I hide on steam
as in...
I know all those Betas, Single-Players, Multi-Players and what not
but what about those
Company of Heroes, Opposing Front and what not (were they all condensed into one game now or something)

Parsnip

And I did.

It's a hard life.

I for one couldn't care less, their release was I think 4am here, so it's not exactly ideal time to play a game like street fighter anyway. I'd probably be a little bummed if the key isn't there when I wake up though. But still, the overreactions (now at Steam community) are amusing me.

It's a hard life.

I for one couldn't care less, their release was I think 4am here, so it's not exactly ideal time to play a game like street fighter anyway. I'd probably be a little bummed if the key isn't there when I wake up though. But still, the overreactions (now at Steam community) are amusing me.

Overreaction? How is it an overreaction?
Customers paid for something and it was supposed to be given to them digitally the moment it was available to the world. GMG is not delivering on their end of the bargain.
Other sites seem to have made the delivery to their customers, regardless of what time it was there...
It's just bad business in the end.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a hard life.

No need for sarcasm here. Of course nobody's saying this is a matter of life and death, but for those who have already paid to get their copy as soon as it is released, this can be annoying.

And you may be forgetting that 4 AM for you is 8 PM for others. Not everyone is in the same time zone.

Overreaction? How is it an overreaction?
Customers paid for something and it was supposed to be given to them digitally the moment it was available to the world. GMG is not delivering on their end of the bargain.
Other sites seem to have made the delivery to their customers, regardless of what time it was there...
It's just bad business in the end.
Basically this. If you preorder something, it's because you want to get it as soon as it's out. Otherwise, why bother preordering at all?

No need for sarcasm here. Of course nobody's saying this is a matter of life and death, but for those who have already paid to get their copy as soon as it is released, this can be annoying.

And you may be forgetting that 4 AM for you is 8 PM for others. Not everyone is in the same time zone.

Basically this. If you preorder something, it's because you want to get it as soon as it's out. Otherwise, why bother preordering at all?

Exactly.
And if you can preorder at retailer A that will give you a better price than B with the guarantee that you will get the same product at the same time? Of course you go with GMG.

I stuck with my GMG preorder even though it was more expensive than getting it from a trader because I had paid for it in playfire reward money.

At this point, I would go get a copy for $8, but I would lose the pre-order DLC... so GMG would still be screwing me in some way by not delivering what was promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom