• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

They should've made it lighter imo, looks a bit outdated. But then again I don't get what's so great about GAFs dark theme too.

Is this new?

OS2FA90.png

Yeah it's the new logo I guess, the desktop icon and taskbar icon haven't changed yet, but the system tray icon has.

Lomax

Exactly.
And if you can preorder at retailer A that will give you a better price than B with the guarantee that you will get the same product at the same time? Of course you go with GMG.

I stuck with my GMG preorder even though it was more expensive than getting it from a trader because I had paid for it in playfire reward money.

At this point, I would go get a copy for $8, but I would lose the pre-order DLC... so GMG would still be screwing me in some way by not delivering what was promised.

Eh, it released unexpectedly early, you bought from a third party instead of straight from Steam, it's going to be more prone to delays. You'll almost certainly still get it by the time you originally expected to. If you don't get the pre-order DLC then there's grounds for complaint, but wait and see on that. Not to mention you got the game for free. I understand you want to be playing, but you pretty much just look really whiny.

Locust

Yeah I don't get the praise for the new client looks either, it still looks incredibly amateurish compared to user made skins. Colors are a bit nicer but holy hell do the buttons and gradients look awful.

I come home, and Street Fighter IV got cards, plus my bundle, plus my sweet copy of the Swapper i won that i'm gonna check out, plus my friends gave me free copies of Guns Of Icarus and Trine 2 so we can game together. So many card drops, so many new games, tonight shall be fun!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah I don't get the praise for the new client looks either, it still looks incredibly amateurish compared to user made skins. Colors are a bit nicer but holy hell do the buttons and gradients look awful.

UI gradients are soooooo 2005 ;)

I come home, and Street Fighter IV got cards, plus my bundle, plus my sweet copy of the Swapper i won that i'm gonna check out, plus my friends gave me free copies of Guns Of Icarus and Trine 2 so we can game together. So many card drops, so many new games, tonight shall be fun!

Trine 2 is really good fun in co-op. Try and make it a point to get all the collectibles otherwise you'll end up breezing through the game.

Eh, it released unexpectedly early, you bought from a third party instead of straight from Steam, it's going to be more prone to delays. You'll almost certainly still get it by the time you originally expected to. If you don't get the pre-order DLC then there's grounds for complaint, but wait and see on that. Not to mention you got the game for free. I understand you want to be playing, but you pretty much just look really whiny.

Yes, I look whiny because I expect what I paid for.

Salsa bought his key from "a third party" and had 0 problems.
Capcom has been working with retailers since moving the date up.
Hell, RE4 released early, in typical Capcom fashion, and GMG had NO problem getting keys sent out after adjusting the pre-load window.
GMG made a post claiming they're working on it 4 hours ago. 2.5 hours before it unlocked. And yet, here we are, no updates to the customers left waiting... nothing. "We're working on it as fast as we can..." and then nothing for 4 hours. That's not acceptable either.

And what the fuck does it matter what the cost out of pocket was to me as far as my expectations go. I could've preordered it for free on Steam too, but I was too busy spending that money and more on games to give to this community. Guess the lesson here is take care of myself before I give back to SteamGAF. Point taken. I was already down, but now I'm done. Thanks.

OK, just got my USFIV key from GMG. n_n

Nothing here. I wonder what random order they're doling them out in.
Email or did it magically appear on your account page?

Parsnip

Overreaction? How is it an overreaction?
Customers paid for something and it was supposed to be given to them digitally the moment it was available to the world. GMG is not delivering on their end of the bargain.
Other sites seem to have made the delivery to their customers, regardless of what time it was there...
It's just bad business in the end.
I'm not talking specifically about you or anyone in this thread, but some of the posts I've seen are definitely overreaction.

No need for sarcasm here. Of course nobody's saying this is a matter of life and death, but for those who have already paid to get their copy as soon as it is released, this can be annoying.

And you may be forgetting that 4 AM for you is 8 PM for others. Not everyone is in the same time zone.

Basically this. If you preorder something, it's because you want to get it as soon as it's out. Otherwise, why bother preordering at all?

No sarcasm, life often is hard. I can only speak for myself, but I preordered because I got it for cheap (almost free with credit). And I'm not forgetting timezones, rather it feels like the complainers are the ones forgetting. It's now 3:30am in UK (where GMG is located) and the keys apparently just started rolling out. I would think that working at 3:30am is good customer service?

Maybe that's just me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I heard Nabs works at GMG and is holding the keys back on purpose because he's ducking you frost.

its on the internet so it must be true

Jawmuncher

I heard Nabs works at GMG and is holding the keys back on purpose because he's ducking you frost.

its on the internet so it must be true

Trex made it into the avatar.
I like.

I dont think this outbreak is going to work so i'll probably just hop on SF4U

oipic

UI gradients are soooooo 2005 ;)

Gradients like this are acceptable only as backgrounds on baby's first attempt at a PowerPoint presentation - beyond that, and anywhere else, they should never be seen.

Still, it's nice to see the client/UI get some attention, I guess, even if some of it looks a bit amateur-hour.

The new Steam Client interface is nice to the eye. There's still a couple things they could add.
For example, in the Air Skin there is download indicator at the top, which shows a thin colored bar, indicating that something is being downloaded/updated. Very useful.

Besides that, my biggest complain is that there is so much real estate wasted by the huge bars on the top and the bottom. Why not make them adjustable in size?

Lomax

Yes, I look whiny because I expect what I paid for.

Salsa bought his key from "a third party" and had 0 problems.
Capcom has been working with retailers since moving the date up.
Hell, RE4 released early, in typical Capcom fashion, and GMG had NO problem getting keys sent out after adjusting the pre-load window.
GMG made a post claiming they're working on it 4 hours ago. 2.5 hours before it unlocked. And yet, here we are, no updates to the customers left waiting... nothing. "We're working on it as fast as we can..." and then nothing for 4 hours. That's not acceptable either.

And what the fuck does it matter what the cost out of pocket was to me as far as my expectations go. I could've preordered it for free on Steam too, but I was too busy spending that money and more on games to give to this community. Guess the lesson here is take care of myself before I give back to SteamGAF. Point taken. I was already down, but now I'm done. Thanks.

Yes, you look whiny because you're going on and on about it when it's a pretty trivial problem. And "what you paid for" was release on the 8th, so anything before that is a bonus. And yes, it does matter that you got it for free, because undoubtedly all those freebies increased the volume of games GMG had to deal with, and you said yourself you wouldn't have bought it from there otherwise. And yes, you were a fool to give away a copy before activating one yourself. It honestly seems like you're much more upset because you gave it away than because GMG delayed your release. You made the choice to be generous, good for you. No one forced you to do it and if giving it away wasn't reward enough for you, you shouldn't be giving things away.

Hey jshackles, as godly as Idlemaster is, you did not warn me that at 200 market transactions valve would halt further sell orders until I gave up my ssn and home address to potentially give to the IRS XD

Screencheat beta

Neat idea. I took code #3, thanks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey jshackles, as godly as Idlemaster is, you did not warn me that at 200 market transactions valve would halt further sell orders until I gave up my ssn and home address to potentially give to the IRS XD

you realize that idlemaster doesnt actually create or sell the cards?

Neat idea. I took code #3, thanks!

they don't report anything to the IRS unless you make more than 20,000 in transactions as per the FAQ

There's some inconsistency with the icons.
wLyDWI5.png

I imagine there will be some revisions soon. Hope Valve reads Gaf and takes some notes for improvements.

Kurdel

Banned
Ah yisssss retina Steam UI on OSX

african_celebration-118719.gif

Store page still unresponsive in OS X yosemite beta, but thats my fault for installing that I guess

saunderez

Surprisingly few spares from my last couple of bundle purchases. Hopefully someone wants some of them!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

One Way Heroics -- MB-1403C486DD93A508 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-34A2F735FD950D5E - Taken by AsylumX
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-98EAF0B5F89191D1 - Taken by Coppanuva
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-D49F9A66C7F2493D - Taken by Mono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom