• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

I could've preordered it for free on Steam too, but I was too busy spending that money and more on games to give to this community. Guess the lesson here is take care of myself before I give back to SteamGAF. Point taken.
This comes off as juvinille, if you give a game away you give it away, it's your choice to do, not anyone else's. We all appreciate it but to act differently toward those that give games away vs those that don't is wrong. People are telling you why you likely haven't got a key and you are bringing up your giveaway history.

wilflare

Ah yisssss retina Steam UI on OSX

african_celebration-118719.gif

Store page still unresponsive in OS X yosemite beta, but thats my fault for installing that I guess

... sigh makes me want a Retina MBA even more

Wow, what's up with the hate-train?
If you buy something, you expect to get your product at the promised date. And if it doesn't, what's more normal than getting angry?
Frost's reaction is normal. Getting upset is normal.
"Getting" the actual amount of anger/upset over written text in a forum is not always easy.

Khronico

Dunno if this is the proper place to ask this question but here goes:

So this new laptop I got has Intel HD+AMD R7 M265 switchable graphics. I've not had any major issues with framerate so far in the games I've played, but one game gave me pause: Jagged Alliance Back in Action was only detecting my Integrated GPU. Coincidentally this is the only game so far that shows me what gpu it detects. The game still runs at 60fps maxed out not problem, but it did get me to start thinking. Is my computer actually running on the dedicated GPU or the integrated GPU? I can't manually set my computer to use the r7, the only options in the catalyst control center are 'maximize battery' and 'maximize performance'. I don't know if I'm just being unduly paranoid, but it is starting to bother me. Does anyone know how if my fears are justified?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So the dawn of war 2 game and it's expansions are on sale for $18.69. Now as a fan of the first game mainly because the units were AWESOME AS FUCK and they looked fucking fantastic when blowing shit up i have to know If the dawn of war 2 game will satisfy my needs for cool looking units. I read they dropped the RTS aspect for the sequel so i'm wondering if i cannot set up major battles VS the ai like i did for the first game.

DoW 2 is nothing like DoW 1

its a much better game, but its nothing like it

So the dawn of war 2 game and it's expansions are on sale for $18.69. Now as a fan of the first game mainly because the units were AWESOME AS FUCK and they looked fucking fantastic when blowing shit up i have to know If the dawn of war 2 game will satisfy my needs for cool looking units. I read they dropped the RTS aspect for the sequel so i'm wondering if i cannot set up major battles VS the ai like i did for the first game.

They removed the base building aspect from it and you basically just control individual units/squads pretty much.

Personally I liked the base building aspect of it but some people liked just controlling the individual units/squads more. If you want a comparison, it's more or less similar to Company of Heroes if you've played that.

Jawmuncher

So this new laptop I got has Intel HD+AMD R7 M265 switchable graphics. I've not had any major issues with framerate so far in the games I've played, but one game gave me pause: Jagged Alliance Back in Action was only detecting my Integrated GPU. Coincidentally this is the only game so far that shows me what gpu it detects. The game still runs at 60fps maxed out not problem, but it did get me to start thinking. Is my computer actually running on the dedicated GPU or the integrated GPU? I can't manually set my computer to use the r7, the only options in the catalyst control center are 'maximize battery' and 'maximize performance'. I don't know if I'm just being unduly paranoid, but it is starting to bother me. Does anyone know how if my fears are justified?

My friend with a AMD when he sets the laptop to Maximum Performance it switches to the Graphics Card. While Battery is the integrated. Does it work like that for your laptop?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

At least with nvidia cards, there's a little GPU in use icon in the system tray that you can activate.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean i'm not against doing without the dead greyness but it just looks terrible when i'm alt tabbing :/

in no small part cos it's like badly antialiased

Levyne

Banned
Steam Icon has not changed for me after the update.

My icon on the taskbar is unchanged but my icon in the quick tray or whatever is now different. I rarely see that anyways. And I don't really use the start menu or icons on the desktop.

I don't like the blue gradient at the top, it looks like a color mistake on my monitor or something :/

Khronico

My friend with a AMD when he sets the laptop to Maximum Performance it switches to the Graphics Card. While Battery is the integrated. Does it work like that for your laptop?

Well that's kinda the problem. I can set individual games and programs to use maximum perf or maximum battery, but games only detect the integrated gpu at startup. I did some research and it switches when needed/when set, but I'm still not sure. To add to my discomfort, apparently there were many issues for older (1+ years) laptops using that amd+intel combo, and specifically the acer and hp brands.

I can set the individual gpu's to maximize perf in the power plan for the battery and set the global setting to maximize perf while plugged in, but it still feels.... unsure? I guess people more smart than me made these machines so a little trust is deserved, but I would still just like a global, clearly marked setting to switch GPUs.

Parsnip

Wow, what's up with the hate-train?
If you buy something, you expect to get your product at the promised date. And if it doesn't, what's more normal than getting angry?
Frost's reaction is normal. Getting upset is normal.
"Getting" the actual amount of anger/upset over written text in a forum is not always easy.
I didn't see a train? Did it look anything like the TiTS hype train?

I believe the actual (promised) release date was 8th of August, and I think it's still 7th in US and the codes are rolling out. So everyone's still getting theirs as promised, right?

But since Capcom decided to surprise launch a bit early, retailers had to scramble a bit to get their shit together.
And because of timezones, European retailers like GMG were probably scrambling the most, vbacon posted this announcement at around 10pm UK time, no one's at the office during those hours.

It's totally okay to be upset, but it's also totally okay to be reasonable about it.

Mokoi

Banned
Couldn't find it mentioned in the OT, but does anybody know how to change the image spacing in grid view. I remember it being posted in the past thread I think. Searched the custom steam icons thread, but there is to many post to go through. Search revealed nothing.

sheaaaa

Some spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sheaaaa, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gigantic Army -- MB-31ACA8AA3BF14092 - Taken by iosefe. 3 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-919BE686131F3678
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity -- MB-9F0E85A3892850B4 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" -- MB-8023B95B83B97732
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon -- MB-51B0A4357B711E5C - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Pajama Sam In No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-2CC06D161A48C214 - Taken by YianGaruga. 2 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-D0E0EA45B6654017 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 1 -- MB-5A3BB48D535E36B0 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2 -- MB-6C90732332F7B5BC

t1407470809z1.png

Has anyone managed to get Ys Origin to work with a PS4 controller? I am using the DS4 to Xinput Wrapper and it was worked for the others games I have tried, but on Ys Origin the controller seems to be always set to move the analog stick up. In the config I see a second option called Wireless Controller, and it looks like that is mapped by default to have the analog in the top-right position. Is there anyway to get this to work? Thanks.

Steam Client Beta Update said:
Library
Add "Hide this game in my library" functionality, accessible from the Set Categories menu. Games that are hidden will not show up in library filters except for a new filter called "Hidden", which will only appear once at least one game is marked as hidden. Hidden games are still available for play and will still appear on the user's profile.

IDK if this is news or not, but people plagued by mystery Bad Rats giveaways everywhere rejoice

Carlius

Banned
figured out the issue. its the steam dots 2 workshop. i got into dota, clicked on custom games, told me to download them, i did and steam got fixed. no more lag or slow issues.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (davepoobond, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Shooter (humble bundle) -- MB-42A4152AF9B5F2D2 - Taken by Hugstable. 9 entrants total.

t1407481129z1.png

great game, lots of fun.

SSPssp

I finally got my Ultra SFIV upgrade from GMG and its showing up in the DLC list along with my extra costumes. The costumes installed but the game is not updating. Will it update tomorrow? How are people already getting the update to download?

Vibranium

Banned
Wow Deus Ex The Fall finally got an update months after release, they addressed all of the stuff Total Biscuit talked about without mentioning him haha. The dev didn't even bother to talk to people in the comments, just explained it and ran. Well at least it's something, but they should have had a programmer on this on Day 1.

mannerbot

I finally got my Ultra SFIV upgrade from GMG and its showing up in the DLC list along with my extra costumes. The costumes installed but the game is not updating. Will it update tomorrow? How are people already getting the update to download?

Restart Steam.

jblank83

The patch doesn't address that the level design and game mechanics are a poor imitation of Deus Ex, which is more important but less visible than the silly glitches in those videos and gifs.

go to the DLC tab in the game's properties, uncheck and check the Ultra upgrade checkbox and it should download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom