• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkiller

where did you hear about the controller on stand?

4YmtqSY.png
gamescom page.

PLATFORM: PC
COMPONENTS / ACCESSORIES: Controllers
If you see another company with games it say "ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (GAMES)"

I finished Astebreed. Amazing little shmup that is, reminds me of Psyvariar a lot too.

A+ and looks amazing at 4k thanks to GeDoSaTo.

I kind of want to get this game but the videos I've seen of gameplay so far of it give me motion sickness at some points. All the shit flying from the foreground and background plus the perspective changes make want to hurl. I'm not saying it looks bad, it's just the combination of all those things seems a bit too much for at times from what I've seen.

I dunno why I have that issue though with this game considering I've played quite a few schmups and love the genre. I still might try it later though.

Corsick

The problem is a bug in the download tab. You need to go there, pause and cancel the download. The problem with doing this is that you have to do it every time you boot the steam client. You can also opt out of the beta...

I think I'll just have to keep trying until I can get far enough without freezing to actually cancel said download. Appreciate the help, btw.

I kind of want to get this game but the videos I've seen of gameplay so far of it give me motion sickness at some points. All the shit flying from the foreground and background plus the perspective changes make want to hurl. I'm not saying it looks bad, it's just the combination of all those things seems a bit too much for at times from what I've seen.

I dunno why I have that issue though with this game considering I've played quite a few schmups and love the genre. I still might try it later though.

That's too bad about the motion sickness, it's quite the looker otherwise.

AsylumX

I think I'll just have to keep trying until I can get far enough without freezing to actually cancel said download. Appreciate the help, btw.

If you restart and are quick, you can do it. Steam takes a couple seconds after it starts to fire up downloads and updates...

Right now I'm trying to get back a game I hid and then un-hid. Gone into oblivion...

Edit: Found it...

Vuze

All that negative GMG preorder talk. Hopefully GTAV won't have any preorder bonus, I need to burn my credits sometime

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I knew we had white knights, but corporate white knights, that was...unexpected.

hmmm corporate white knight. Im going to name my next rpg character Corporate White Knight

PriitV

I'm sure this topic is already exhausted and there's an answer somewhere, but once I hide a game in new steam beta, how can I unhide it?

AsylumX

I'm sure this topic is already exhausted and there's an answer somewhere, but once I hide a game in new steam beta, how can I unhide it?

Next to the search tab on the library, you click where it says GAMES / RECENT / etc and there you should find the HIDDEN category.

gamescom page.

If you see another company with games it say "ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (GAMES)"
Booth A031.

1. "A" looks a lot like the lambda logo:
2. A031 has a 3 in it.
3. Booth has 2 "o"s in it. Source 2 has been released.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed.

Also, if you rearrange A031 so that the A is in the 0, it would looks like (A)3, which is the same as the lambda logo with a 3 next to it.

Half-Life 3 Double-Confirmed.

fokkusu

There's some inconsistency with the icons.
wLyDWI5.png

I imagine there will be some revisions soon. Hope Valve reads Gaf and takes some notes for improvements.

I needed to fix that by manually, seems to be some Windows bug with the Taskbar.
What I did was: first changed the icon to Taskbar icon via right mouse click properties. This triggered UAC prompt. Then secondly restarted explorer.exe via Task Manager.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Booth A031.

1. "A" looks a lot like the lambda logo:

2. A031 has a 3 in it.
3. Booth has 2 "o"s in it. Source 2 has been released.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed.

Also, if you rearrange A031 so that the A is in the 0, it would looks like (A)3, which is the same as the lambda logo with a 3 next to it.

Half-Life 3 Double-Confirmed.

This joke was funny maybe 3 years ago. I appreciate the thought that went into it though. Most just note a single instance of the numeral three or repetition of three.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This joke was funny maybe 3 years ago. I appreciate the thought that went into it though. Most just note a single instance of the numeral three or repetition of three.

...confirmed?

couldnt resist, im sorry :(

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
For Railfans, or someone interested in finding out what the attraction is, here is a stand alone versions of the Trainz series available. I'm not as familiar with the series, but reviews seem to indicate they are a decent introduction into the genre.

The key should be unused. If they are not, I do apologize, Steam does not offer a easy way to validate them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trainz: Murchison 2 -- MB-08B74B663C0A1694 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.

...confirmed?

couldnt resist, im sorry :(

To be honest, I was wondering if anyone would pick up on it.

Rhaknar

oh couldn't see it before cos metro doesn't properly support it yet

kinda funny cos i made my own "hide" category (basically games i don't like, like ares, or had to drop cos of spiders, like dungeon siege 3, that i know won't touch ever again)

you are so afraid of spiders you dont play games with spiders in them?

zkylon

zkylewd
you are so afraid of spiders you dont play games with spiders in them?

i research (google search for pictures/youtube videos) games i suspect will have spiders and try and see if i can take em

usually i at least give it a shot but if i can i look for a way to mod them out or just have to drop the game altogether

roaches, too, and some other insects. i'm not too fond of snakes either

i have to quit playing about half the games that have spiders in em, unfortunately. sadly my phobias get worse as the years go by so things i could stand like a decade ago (resident evil 2, thief) are no good now.

Sharkiller

i research (google search for pictures/youtube videos) games i suspect will have spiders and try and see if i can take em

usually i at least give it a shot but if i can i look for a way to mod them out or just have to drop the game altogether

dark souls is perfect for you

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
There's some inconsistency with the icons.
I imagine there will be some revisions soon. Hope Valve reads Gaf and takes some notes for improvements.
My Steam updated this morning and the icons are both new circular ones.

zkylon

zkylewd
dark souls is perfect for you

actually i'm pretty ok with dark/demon's

for instance queelag and freja and 2-1 demon's boss don't bother me in the slightest, while the regular spiders in brighstone cove tseldora really freak me out (so i just summon sunbros to kill em for me). i have a really hard time with the spiderweb room but i can stand it

Rhaknar

so basically you dont play rpgs, or mmos, or horror games or...any fantasy games in general? Thats fascinating.

edit: wait what, souls games dont bother you, but dungeon siege 3 of all things did?

...whut >_>

I think you should play wow, that game has no spiders in it

578px-Many_Spiders.png

Shadownet

Banned

i have to quit playing about half the games that have spiders in em, unfortunately. sadly my phobias get worse as the years go by so things i could stand like a decade ago (resident evil 2, thief) are no good now.

I had a psychology teacher back in high school. He was deathly afraid of snake to the point that he told us if there were snake in the room. He would throw us at the snake lol

But he went to get some therapy where they gradually get him used to the word snake, and then listening to snake sounds, seeing a snake on video, in real life, and then touch it and hold it. Pretty soon his phobia was gone.

So maybe there's a chance for you yet bro.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had a psychology teacher back in high school. He was deathly afraid of snake to the point that he told us if there were snake in the room. He would throw us at the snake lol

But he went to get some therapy where they gradually get him used to the word snake, and then listening to snake sounds, seeing a snake on video, in real life, and then touch it and hold it. Pretty soon his phobia was gone.

Solution: Spend a weekend in Australia.

Rhaknar

all the australian clients I get here say thats actually a myth, and im disapointed every time :/

koalas are also a myth, but kangaroos arent aparently. And by myth I mean that they are everywhere

zkylon

zkylewd
so basically you dont play rpgs, or mmos, or horror games or...any fantasy games in general? Thats fascinating.
well like i said i research them beforehand so i don't get surprised which is among the things that do me worst

so like i knew metro 2034 was gonna have a spider section in it so i just watched a walkthrough and realized i wasn't gonna be able to play it so just skipped it. i took the risk on dark souls 2 cos i really like the souls series and fortunately it payed off.

fortunately it doesn't extend to scorpions and ants yet or else i wouldn't be able to play my favorite game, fallout. i do have to mod out roaches in new vegas

but yeah i miss out on a lot of games and movies and real life stuff. i don't like going out much during halloween or being near toy stores or children in general cos i was bullied a lot when i was really young with like toy spiders. fortunately my friends are really cool about it and take care of me in situations like that (like they'll pass a certain part in a game i'm having trouble with or lemme know when to close my eyes in lord of the rings 3 or something)

i really really wish i could play thief again :/

edit: wait what, souls games dont bother you, but dungeon siege 3 of all things did?

...whut >_>
it's not a logical thing, i specially don't like hairy spiders and like "fat" spiders but other than that it's just case by case. other things like camera angle and context also affect it. i don't really get to choose, fortunately i missed out on dungeon siege 3 instead of dark souls 2 or i would be pretty mad

that said it took a long while for me to get through brighstone cove tseldora and it's still hard to do after 3 playthroughs.

i tried a bit of wow and stopped playing it after first quest was like go to spider cave and kill some spiders. they weren't too bad but i'm already not a big fan of mmos so that was all the encouragement i needed to drop it

btw pls don't post pictures of spiders, even if they're cartoony or whatever i might be able to "withstand" them but they all make me very anxious which i don't enjoy

i share this stuff here cos i trust people not to take advantage of it so pls don't

i tried doing therapy but i never found a therapist i liked. we did all that stuff like drawing spiders and looking at pictures and touching other insects and whatever and it helped out a bit but it takes a lot of effort and i was kinda miserable

will try again someday

people need to stop inviting me to australia

australia might as well not exist in my globe

_hekk05

Banned
all the australian clients I get here say thats actually a myth, and im disapointed every time :/

koalas are also a myth, but kangaroos arent aparently. And by myth I mean that they are everywhere

The last time I went on a holiday in Aus I only saw a bunch of koalas. And some kangaroos. Also there was this huge ass crab

No snakes or spiders /phew

JordanKZ

I'm worried about how excited I was to the cosmetic changes to Steam and the fact that you can hide games now.

I can officially retire the 'Reject' group.

So, I just finished with what I am assuming is the first "boss" in Killer is Dead. Man, that whole lead up to it and the ensuing fight were a lot of fun. I really like what I have played so far. Also, I'm playing with the Japanese voices and English subtitles as I can't imagine playing this any other way. Thanks again corrosivefrost for the awesome giveaway, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom