• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i also have a love hate thing with pidgeons cos i just keep piling up the crazy but i have every intention of playing hatoful boyfriend

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
But he went to get some therapy where they gradually get him used to the word snake, and then listening to snake sounds, seeing a snake on video, in real life, and then touch it and hold it. Pretty soon his phobia was gone.

So maybe there's a chance for you yet bro.

Exposure therapy.

Shadownet

Banned
i think Mokoi asked this before but didn't get an answer, how do you close the gap between the boxes in Steam Grid Mode?

my old layout got wiped when I updated Steam Beta.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i think Mokoi asked this before but didn't get an answer, how do you close the gap between the boxes in Steam Grid Mode?

my old layout got wiped when I updated Steam Beta.

Open Steam\resource\layout\gamespage_grid.layout and change the interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading values to -1.

But then what would be the cure for the inevitable drop bear phobia?

Dropbears are great once you get to know them.

Yakkue

It's like Contra with mechs?
You should try the german version of Contra sometime :)

wolf among us ending was alright
Thanks for your detailed impressions ;p

The new Steam client beta just made two big changes. One is the look. The color scheme in the client now matches big picture and the mobile apps with the blue and I think it feels a little more responsive on this older machine.

You can also now hide games from your library.
I should really give the beta client a try, lots of nice new features lately.

The steam client is working like shit to me since I updated, anyone else having issues or it's just me?
Or maybe not.

Shadownet

Banned
Open Steamresourcelayoutgamespage_grid.layout and change the interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading values to -1.

Thanks JaseC :D when Mokoi asked this I was thinking. "Where is JaseC? He know the exact answer to this!"

... aaaaaaand pre-orders are up :3

I can't get excited about Naruto games anymore when they're all mostly the same. Sad really, cause I like Naruto.

It's not there :s

iHQgM82vsB5Q3.gif

Should be in this gif.

Tellaerin

I can say from experience that One Way Heroics rocks. The other stuff looked pretty good too. I know it's not much, but hopefully somebody'll get some enjoyment out of it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tellaerin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gigantic Army -- MB-F5EEFDB6A4C013DE - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-8133BE4EF716E1CE - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-D17C7E7637043F2C - Taken by MTE. 6 entrants total.
One Way Heroics #2 -- MB-E9B09D55F079782E - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-10EE65C9F48E3840 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.

t1407481490z1.png

Copons

These new cool categories management updates are all fun and games until I notice I've still got the bug that categories have issues syncing between different devices, and my unsynced devices (namely both my OSX and Win7 partitions of my laptop, on which I rarely use Steam) ALWAYS overwrite my main gaming PC, making ALL my efforts in categorizing my library futile. :(

also, if someone here has a solution I'd be really grateful

Benedict

This might be for the smart folks who knows how to bypass the region lock (not me) or your usual vanilla US gamers. An old amazon purchase I never redeemed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Inversion (US only) -- MB-EB4791E83E1D0B06 - Taken by adaen. 3 entrants total.

t1407491570z1.png

inversion_xl.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
fell asleep before they released USF yesterday, woke up to a 1.9gig download!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's my understanding that the first Call of Juarez game is still available to purchase in the Australian and Ukraine Steam stores. Would anyone be willing to help me get it? I'd be able to send you the money through paypal tomorrow.

So it ain't perfect, but the Ultra Street Fighter netcode is so much better now. Played in the same couple lobbies all night and not once did it freeze and cause someone to dump out of the game to get it unstuck.

Toshin

played some usf4 with marco and rookiejet...good times all around
the healing has begun.

might be pushing my laptop though...:(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
you all think the new steam skin is fucking ugly, but just wait till someone find the hidden codes proving that it now runs on SOURCE 2

kudoboi

im hoping that with the change of the steam icons and colour design, they actually do a full fledged redesign in the coming months. steam looks like something from 5 years ago and its not only the design either.. the program is extremely buggy. i still can't download a game without it stopping every 2 minutes

_hekk05

Banned
Well shit guys. That Humble Bundle Japan tipped me over the edge.

Time to break my 2 year boycott of PayPal (´_`。)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's my understanding that the first Call of Juarez game is still available to purchase in the Australian and Ukraine Steam stores. Would anyone be willing to help me get it? I'd be able to send you the money through paypal tomorrow.

I can get it for you, but I don't have any money in my PayPal account so I'd have to wait until you've sent it through. The game is actually a whole four cents cheaper on Steam AU (USD$9.95 versus USD$9.99).

im hoping that with the change of the steam icons and colour design, they actually do a full fledged redesign in the coming months. steam looks like something from 5 years ago and its not only the design either.. the program is extremely buggy. i still can't download a game without it stopping every 2 minutes
That download issue is a recent addition, I think. At least I didn't hear about it until a couple months ago.

I agree with you though.

Echoplx

If anything all the recent updates to the current client probably means they are going to stick with it.

I've never had any problems with downloads, are you sure it's not an issue on your end?

I can get it for you, but I don't have any money in my PayPal account so I'd have to wait until you've sent it through. The game is actually a whole four cents cheaper on Steam AU (USD$9.95 versus USD$9.99).

That'd be very nice of you. I'll send you a PM tomorrow when I can send the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom