• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So while in Grid Mode. When you try scrolling up and down. Does anyone feel like it's a bit laggy? Like it take a second for the box arts to pop in too.

yeah, happens to me all the time ... and it's been like that for as long as I can remember, so - nothing new
(for me)

Dr Dogg

Yeah the 'new' theme for the client is a bit more like a touch up than new. Slapping that awful blue gradient on a few items, swapping out some buttons, adding colour highlights and padding values does not constitute new for me. Though I did hear someone say it's High DPI ready now on Mac so that's a massive bonus. Has anyone with a high resolution display on Windows or Linux had a look if the client scales properly with your system setting now?

Edit: Well the client actually scales up now if you increase Windows System DPI but the fonts and their rendering need work as they suffer from being upscaled (sadly like most applications in Windows). Still baby steps and at least 4K Windows users will be able to read the client now.

So while in Grid Mode. When you try scrolling up and down. Does anyone feel like it's a bit laggy? Like it take a second for the box arts to pop in too.
Yeah, I hear that grid mode loads in the art from steam servers like a web browser as you scroll. If you have any custom art, you'll probably notice that those load near instantly while the default ones don't.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I really hope this wasn't the big overhaul we've been waiting for >_<

NGqDsGP.jpg

hitoshi

Shoot away

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-9450E5B0305E269A - Taken by -MD-

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thinking of double dipping on the Steam version of AC IV Black Flag (already own it on Uplay and have it installed on my PC) for OCD reasons. If I transfer all the files from the original location to the steam apps folder will it work?

I know that if I get a Uplay game on Steam, it will be tied to it and require Steam to be running even if it's directly launched from Uplay so I was wondering if manually moving over the files from one directory to another would cause any issues, since I will essentially have two copies of the game on Uplay

kudoboi

I've never had any problems with downloads, are you sure it's not an issue on your end?

it probably is. Many people on the internet have the same issue and there isn't any fix for it though. i've tried everything including reinstalling steam. games also download fine on my laptop so i don't think it is network related

taco543

Thinking of double dipping on the Steam version of AC IV Black Flag (already own it on Uplay and have it installed on my PC) for OCD reasons. If I transfer all the files from the original location to the steam apps folder will it work?

I know that if I get a Uplay game on Steam, it will be tied to it and require Steam to be running even if it's directly launched from Uplay so I was wondering if manually moving over the files from one directory to another would cause any issues, since I will essentially have two copies of the game on Uplay
Logic would say yes, but we're not talking logic we're talking uplay lol

Dr Dogg

What's the next hyped SteamGAF game that's coming soon?

I don't do hype (well not after Watch_Dogs PC performance repeatedly kicking me in the happy sacks when I was enjoying the gameplay) but this month the Metro REDUX titles are high on my to-do list. Next month I've got a keen eye on Dead Rising 3 depending on how the port turns out and see how Wasteland 2 turns out on release but I might wait later down the line for that. If it still makes this year Pillars of Eternity is the only game I really, really want to play. Backer beta starts soon so I guess we'll see but every update from the Obsidian folks has gone down well with me.

Well I've got it via Uplay and Steam and I have two copies listed in Uplay so they use separate identifiers (or whatever Uplay uses as appID's). You could try it, it's not like you'd be redownloaidng it twice but I had hassle backing up and trying to restore my Uplay copy so I get the feeling Uplay doesn't like it's file structure messed around with.

Edit: Here we go I knew I had a previous picture somewhere. 2 Black Flag entries, Uplay the left one and Steam the right one.

Shadownet

Banned
[repost]

So I was wondering if there was a solution for grid view so that it doesn't take so long to load up the banners. (Plus it's kinda laggy too)

Apparently some guy found a solution but I'm not good at stuff like this. Can any TechnicalGAF make sense of this?

Reddit Link

[repost]

So I was wondering if there was a solution for grid view so that it doesn't take so long to load up the banners. (Plus it's kinda laggy too)

Apparently some guy found a solution but I'm not good at stuff like this. Can any TechnicalGAF make sense of this?

Reddit Link
Do that or add your own custom images to everything, whether they be new ones or just jpgs/pngs of the stock ones.

Ozium

Everything would be Assassin's Creed. Or Korean versions of Football Manager.

imagine if you had each icon be a different part of saoirse's face and that when viewed in totality it would form a perfect image of her..

it's not like you need to know what game is what

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got home from work 1 hour ago

Nabs has been offline for 1 hour

coincidence? I think not! Stop ducking me Boxing man!

Adon1-1.gif

he hungers Nabs...

Knurek

Missables in TitS are downright cruel. Especially since most of them influence achievements...
Game is great though, just wrapped up the Prologue (which may sound funny, but took roughly 11 hours).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fuck, I got really excited for a second and thought you also lived in Korea. Would have been nice to have a local Steam buddy :(

Wait, you live in Korea? Would you mind helping me get my hands on the Korean versions of Football Manager?

_hekk05

Banned
Wait, you live in Korea? Would you mind helping me get my hands on the Korean versions of Football Manager?

It has begun. JaseC has solidified his influence in Oceania. He already has a foothold in the Russian states, friends in the Americas, and is now intruding into Asian territories. The only continent left is Antarctica, and I'm sure he has a penguin or two there lying in wait.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It has begun. JaseC has solidified his influence in Oceania. He already has a foothold in the Russian states, friends in the Americas, and is now intruding into Asian territories. The only continent left is Antarctica, and I'm sure he has a penguin or two there lying in wait.

Jase is spreading ... like a virus ;) lol

kionedrik

Regarding the Humble Weekly, is Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae just button mashing and fan service or is there any depth to its gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom