• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

It has begun. JaseC has solidified his influence in Oceania. He already has a foothold in the Russian states, friends in the Americas, and is now intruding into Asian territories. The only continent left is Antarctica, and I'm sure he has a penguin or two there lying in wait.

All those games of Risk in high school were real...

For Railfans, or someone interested in finding out what the attraction is, here is a stand alone versions of the Trainz series available. I'm not as familiar with the series, but reviews seem to indicate they are a decent introduction into the genre.

The key should be unused. If they are not, I do apologize, Steam does not offer a easy way to validate them.

Hell, I'll try it out - I've been needing a break from all the RPG's.

Many thanks, sir!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I forgot it was Enco. :O I'm glad he's making the best of it.
----------------
So I was talking to the Great Dunder, and he told me that Witcher 3 is getting ACRTAG one day and off the next. (Or something like that) so that's why it might still be possible to buy a copy and redeem it?

The game's still not region-locked. Actual ACRTAG-locked game:
acrtag1akj3s.jpg

The Witcher 3:
acrtag2mkosx.jpg

I've no idea why the flag isn't applying to TW3, but Steam doesn't lie -- the region-lock notices are added automatically if ACRTAG and its ilk are properly present.

dmix90

So I was talking to the Great Dunder, and he told me that Witcher 3 is getting ACRTAG one day and off the next. (Or something like that) so that's why it might still be possible to buy a copy and redeem it?
Yeah that's true, and i still have sent to buyer but not redeemed copy in my inventory which makes me nervous :D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Benedict, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Inversion (US only) -- MB-EB4791E83E1D0B06 - Taken by adaen. 3 entrants total.

t1407491570z1.png

Enco

• Add "Hide this game in my library" functionality, accessible from the Set Categories menu. Games that are hidden will not show up in library filters except for a new filter called "Hidden", which will only appear once at least one game is marked as hidden. Hidden games are still available for play and will still appear on the user's profile.
Welp.
Kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Better than nothing though. If only I could delete 90% of the bundle garbage I have.

Evrain

Rewatching the trailer for Asterbreed, it's impressive how far we've come from the times where the western audience was ignored by japanese doujin developers. I remember going through hoops and loops to get my copies of Origin and Imperishable Night (
and, for Milamber's delight, an eroge we will not publicly disclose
), and now Edelweiss and Yotsubane, self-proclaimed heirs to G-Rev and CAVE respectively, are publishing on Steam, the former going asfar as fine-tuning the game for online leaderboards and achievements. Plus, gameply in itself is even more robust than Ether Vapor.

Between them, NIGORO, Astro Port Treasure, SNK and Nihom Falcon, good times are ahead (now, if only CAVE came to its senses...)

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Better than nothing though. If only I could delete 90% of the bundle garbage I have.

Isn't the purpose that they're hidden from your library? Them being viewable on your profile isn't a bad thing, unless you don't want people to know you're playing Japanese fanservice games or something similar? At least this way you don't have to scroll through bundleware when picking what not to play next.

I'm guessing they're still shown in the public profile because that profile still shows things that aren't library entries like DLC, demos you don't have installed anymore, etc. Hopefully they will do some fixes to the profile also, like hiding stuff and gametime.

What's the next hyped SteamGAF game that's coming soon?

Not sure what games that are hyped, but those that should be are:

August: Invisible Inc (Early Access) - Klei's next game. XCOM battles, but with spies instead of aliens, and roguelike influences.

September: Wasteland 2, Defence Grid 2

October: Civilization: Beyond Earth

Don't know when I will be able to fit Divinity: Original Sin in that schedule. :\

Rewatching the trailer for Asterbreed, it's impressive how far we've come from the times where the western audience was ignored by japanese doujin developers. I remember going through hoops and loops to get my copies of Origin and Imperishable Night (
and, for Milamber's delight, an eroge we will not publicly disclose
), and now Edelweiss and Yotsubane, self-proclaimed heirs to G-Rev and CAVE respectively, are publishing on Steam, the former going asfar as fine-tuning the game for online leaderboards and achievements. Plus, gameply in itself is even more robust than Ether Vapor.

Between them, NIGORO, Astro Port Treasure, SNK and Nihom Falcon, good times are ahead (now, if only CAVE came to its senses...)
Cave is buried up Microsoft and Apple's asses for some reason. Whatever, they snooze they lose.

Still waiting to see who beats who to the punch for first 3d, big name fighting IP on Steam. I'd assumed Sega would've jumped on it by now.

Evrain

Cave is buried up Microsoft and Apple's asses for some reason. Whatever, they snooze they lose.

Still waiting to see who beats who to the punch for first 3d, big name fighting IP on Steam. I'd assumed Sega would've jumped on it by now.
CAVE was forced to publish for the X360 due to Sony's idiotic policy for "no 2D games that don't showcase our PS3's totally awesome 3D capabilities", plus the entire drama with 5pb, as for Apple guess they thought it was the best platform to make money from thankfully, GGee took care of the Android version, albeit with their horrendous game wrapper.

I'm puzzled by that aswell: VF5 runs on Lindbergh, so for them a Windows/Linux port would be a breeze.

Dr Dogg

... Sure? Although I'm not so sure why the Korean versions of Football Manager are so special.

Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die.

Not sure what games that are hyped, but those that should be are:

August: Invisible Inc (Early Access) - Klei's next game. XCOM battles, but with spies instead of aliens, and roguelike influences.

September: Wasteland 2, Defence Grid 2

October: Civilization: Beyond Earth

Don't know when I will be able to fit Divinity: Original Sin in that schedule. :\

I can't believe I forgot about Beyond Earth. Then again I have been trying to avoid and and all information about it. Been tempted by Invisible Inc and a few folks in the indie thread have had good things to say about it.

Uzzy

Ultra Street Fighter Endless Battle

t1407528000z0.png

-I'll be hosting an Endless Battle lobby tonight, mostly aimed at EuroGAF members, but everyone is welcome
-I'm pretty rubbish too, so all skill levels are welcome
-To join, add me and I'll send you an invite to the lobby tonight.

You know you want to join in. Respond on the Games Night thread, or via PM.

Enco

Isn't the purpose that they're hidden from your library? Them being viewable on your profile isn't a bad thing, unless you don't want people to know you're playing Japanese fanservice games or something similar? At least this way you don't have to scroll through bundleware when picking what not to play next.
I would've liked the ability to completely get rid of games.

However, I just tried it out and I don't see the 'Hidden' category? Do I have to enable it?

edit: I see nevermind.

I'm guessing they're still shown in the public profile because that profile still shows things that aren't library entries like DLC, demos you don't have installed anymore, etc. Hopefully they will do some fixes to the profile also, like hiding stuff and gametime.
Altering game time would be a great feature.

Jwp0qUC.png

Yea baby. Don't recognise half this stuff.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This gives me hope that the Empire Earth games may finally come to steam. Iirc there are listings for them on steamdb

Enco

I think you can request for games to be removed from your account if you so choose.
Yea heard about that. Too much hassle for me though.

Especially now that I'm using categories thanks to the recent family sharing deal :p

Still hasn't stopped me though:

xo5sUfk.png

I'm gonna stick with custom themes. The default theme is really ugly. I would even say it's uglier now. The gradients look really out of place. Pretty shoddy/lazy design. If you're going to change something then do it right. Yeesh.

edit: on further thinking, a delete option would be too much especially if someone got onto your account. A hiding option like we have is a good compromise. I wouldn't mind it being even more hidden though. It's still fairly easy to see the hidden category. Although that's nit picking :p

JaseC

edit: on further thinking, a delete option would be too much especially if someone got onto your account. A hiding option like we have is a good compromise. I wouldn't mind it being even more hidden though. It's still fairly easy to see the hidden category. Although that's nit picking :p

I don't see Valve ever allowing users to remove games themselves. At best the removal request process will be streamlined a bit (currently there isn't even a support category for it -- I submitted my request under Steam -> Account -> Missing games, with the title "Game removal request").

Enco

I don't see Valve ever allowing users to remove games themselves. At best the removal request process will be streamlined a bit (currently there isn't even a support category for it -- I submitted my request under Steam -> Account -> Missing games with the title "Game removal request").
Yea a streamlined process would be good.

What game were you removing?

JaseC

Yea a streamlined process would be good.

What game were you removing?

Talisman: Digital Edition, because of:

Good job, Talisman devs. I bought the Gold Pack because it was cheaper than buying the DLC separately, but I can't add it to my account as the DLC is set to be ignored by Steam's cross-check and I already own the two games themselves.

Knurek

I don't see Valve ever allowing users to remove games themselves. At best the removal request process will be streamlined a bit (currently there isn't even a support category for it -- I submitted my request under Steam -> Account -> Missing games with the title "Game removal request").

???
JaseC, you wot mate?
Why would you want to do a -1 operation on your account? Does not compute.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Rebellion -- of Sniper Elite fame -- owns the Empire Earth games these days.

Well, that's sad. They are probably my favorite RTS games after AoE and AoM. Guess I learned something new today :)

At least I can get them on GOG

[repost]

So I was wondering if there was a solution for grid view so that it doesn't take so long to load up the banners. (Plus it's kinda laggy too)

Apparently some guy found a solution but I'm not good at stuff like this. Can any TechnicalGAF make sense of this?

Reddit Link

I thought all my problems were solved, got the python script running and... all i get is 'fetching id ### error'

Then I thought what if I could copy all of the icons that SAM downloads, unfortunately I can't find where SAM downloads the icons to so I couldn't test that out. If someone knows where SAM hides the icons it'd be much appreciated if you could let me know.

edit: I just noticed that the SAM icons look like low quality ones and probably wouldn't be any good for gridview.

zkylon

zkylewd
when you register for pathologic's newsletter you get the weirdest, most disturbing confirmation email ever

ice pick lodge you rock my world

JaseC

Let me guess, removing a regular edition of a game to replace it with one that includes a soundtrack or something similar?

I bought Talisman's Gold Pack (Talisman: Digital Edition + DLC + Talisman Prologue) since it was cheaper than buying the DLC separately, but I can't add it to my account as the DLC apps are set to be ignored by Steam's ownership cross-check. Removing one of the Talisman games is the only way to get around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom