• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Can someone post some screenshots of the new beta client? I'm one of the (few?) who really likes the current Steam client skin and I'd like to see what the changes look like, without having to install the beta client.

zkylon

zkylewd
Can someone post some screenshots of the new beta client? I'm one of the (few?) who really likes the current Steam client skin and I'd like to see what the changes look like, without having to install the beta client.

it looks kind of the same but bluer

i8i5xPVSDdYkb.png
i6unMVcufIsdI.png

yea like everyone else i took a picture of queelag's boobs

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
anyone know if there's any good top down shooters à la Shock Troopers on Steam? Playing Shock Troopers on my Vita and it is aaaaaaaaaaaawesome

zkylon

zkylewd
basically they slapped a blue gradient to everything lol

it does look a lil better but i'll stick to metro/pixelvision

I've been antsy as fuck for any and all info since the teaser popped up a week or two ago.

We are in this together Zkybro<3

email says something about september and countdown is one month so unfortunately there's some waiting to do

i'm hoping release isn't that far off, seems like a perfect summer game specially since next year is gonna be pretty crazy

also <3

baterism

New client feel faster, and ho, while I type this post the client pop up a notification that One Way Heroic has been installed. I don't remember that feature before.

I use Metro for Steam so these changes don't really affect me much, think that also gets rid of the Big Picture button too.

I like to keep my client vanilla and I also don't use the beta. That big ugly button is literally the only real problem I have with the client. It's fine otherwise. Just give me an option I can uncheck in the settings. While we're at it, let me disable Big Picture altogether so I don't launch it everytime I want to check the battery of my 360 pad. It has no value to me.

Speaking of Big Picture. I've noticed something weird. If I open it by holding the guide button on my 360 controller, it opens underneath any windows I have open, but if I open it by clicking the button in Steam--or the taskbar list button or whatever, then it opens in focus like it should.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Mind posting it here? Don't wanna sub myself.

RE: I am a living being

Hi. Name’s Voronika.

Bet you didn’t expect a personal letter from me. Of course you didn’t. You thought you’ll submit an e-mail and receive ads from a company producing weight loss socks or dog wool coats. Or a startup, or something. Whatever were you thinking?

Don’t worry, I won’t be bothering you. Can’t write too often from where I’m at now. No, I’m not talking about a metaphorical afterlife — I’m simply stuck in the middle of nowhere, and the closest town that has a telegraph office is three days away from me. I’ve coded the site on my laptop, and then I took a flash drive with me to the only village nearby that has a cyber cafe and internet access. I’m not even sure the site is really on. I think local PCs work on coal.

So if you’re reading this that means I do still have some skills.

One of my skills is dying. That’s what I’m doing right now. Actually, same goes for you, but I’m way ahead; if you want to catch up with me, you’d better hurry since I know I’ll die this September.

Please don’t ooh me. Just listen.

I’m privy to a secret — no, it’s not a secret I have to tell the world before I die or else it dies with me. The opposite, really: there are quite a few who share it with me. But you don’t. They are special, you see, and you aren’t. You know that, right? And the secret — the secret shared by way too many — will keep living after I die. It’ll grow. Develop. Root itself in the world deeper and deeper.

Well, what if I don’t like that? What if I want to play rebel? My rebellion looks like a website with scantily clad girls and a bunch of pretentious slogans, yeah.

But I can’t offer you anything better, so here we are. At least they say I’m a decent artist. Enjoy my portfolio.

And don’t worry. I’ll tell you the secret. Just you wait.

Voronika,
http://feverishfeeling.com

P. S. Why not a blog, you ask? Because everyone knows that only fools and lunatics start blogs that aim to uncover deep dark secrets. Also because it’s easier to keep away a database of e-mail addresses than a domain.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Cheesecake and Zky, that truly looks creepy. I have the game on Desura, but now I'll wait for the rerelease instead. Maybe I should play The Void in the meantime, got it many sales ago and haven't touched it yet.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Thanks Cheesecake and Zky, that truly looks creepy. I have the game on Desura, but now I'll wait for the rerelease instead. Maybe I should play The Void in the meantime, got it many sales ago and haven't touched it yet.

You really should. It is, unfortunately, hindered by some trial and error as you come to grips with the game's color management and farming systems, but the game's world is worth putting up with a few restarts to see more of.

I fear the day we receive a PM from ModBot with that title.

Should be the PM header whenever you win a giveaway of the remake.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea basically pathologic is a lot of disturbing gibberish for the non-russian speaker.

the void is great tho, one of my favorite games ever just in the way it breaks out of so many genres

like seriously what the fuck is it?

it's crazy, that's what it is

and i love it

im real sorry if this is the wrong place to post but:

how does one get invited into steam gaf? iv searched every where

it's a lineage thing

if your parents were steam gaffers then you're in luck

I deleted that mail cuz I thought it was spam. :p
yeah i mean i first assumed it might be something like that but since it was so close to when i registered to ipl's thing, knowing them, i knew something was up

You really should. It is, unfortunately, hindered by some trial and error as you come to grips with the game's color management and farming systems, but the game's world is worth putting up with a few restarts to see more of.
tbh just use the easy mod. there's one that lowers it to 'normal' and i've played the game with and without the mod and it's not that different. you can still mess up pretty bad but you know it's a bit less brutal

you'll still be always short of resources

also remember to always draw the alpha spell with like longer "arms" than like the fat part. i dunno how to properly say it but learning that was the trick behind the dumb shape recognition was like major eureka moment

Anteater

I thought all my problems were solved, got the python script running and... all i get is 'fetching id ### error'

Then I thought what if I could copy all of the icons that SAM downloads, unfortunately I can't find where SAM downloads the icons to so I couldn't test that out. If someone knows where SAM hides the icons it'd be much appreciated if you could let me know.

edit: I just noticed that the SAM icons look like low quality ones and probably wouldn't be any good for gridview.

I gave the python script a try, the reason it's not fetching anything is because the link ("http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/" + str(id) + "/header.jpg") in the script isn't working, I changed it to "http://www.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/" + str(id) + "/header.jpg" and it worked.

Lain

it looks kind of the same but bluer

yea like everyone else i took a picture of queelag's boobs

Here's a comparison I just found on reddit that shows them side by side:

Thanks.
The changes are minor and subtle but I can't say I like them, be it the blue gradient, the green play/install button or the players icons.
I wonder if there will be a way to keep it looking like it does now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

- Releases December 10th
- 10% pre-purchase discount ($17.99/$26.09 for the DDE/$59.97 for the four-pack [standard ed.])
- Region-locked, but the ROW subs (edit: and gift sub) are completely region-free, so some traders should offer cheap(er) copies

I gave the python script a try, the reason it's not fetching anything is because the link ("http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/" + str(id) + "/header.jpg") in the script isn't working, I changed it to "http://www.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/" + str(id) + "/header.jpg" and it worked.

awesome, thanks. I tried editing that line thinking it might be linking to the wrong thing but i had no idea what to change it to :)

Edit: redownloaded the script, must have edited something without realising. instant icons here i come!

I would've liked the ability to completely get rid of games.

It's pretty easy now.

1. Register an account on the steam support page.
2. Post a ticket where you say you want to permanently remove games from your account, list the games you want to remove, and write that you understand that you will not get any money back.
3. It can take some time, but when they answer it should only be about them requesting confirmation to proceed.

I removed about 7 entries from my account just this week that way.

Lain

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289690/header.jpg

- Releases December 10th
- 10% pre-purchase discount ($17.99/$26.09 for the DDE/$59.97 for the four-pack [standard ed.])
- Region-locked, but the ROW subs (edit: and gift sub) are completely region-free, so some traders should offer cheap(er) copies

On one hand, nice price. On the other, I don't want to reward $=&#8364;. On the third hand, I wouldn't mind that preorder bonus.

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of kickstarter, two argie devs are currently running kickstarters that look kinda promising

Fallen: A2P Protocol

The Hum

i don't personally know the people making these but the hum looks like something that could be good

i feel like it's my argie duty to give them a bit of promotion here

Since the update with the new icon my Steam now constantly crashes and when I booted DOTA 2 it was super slow.

EDIT: Checking out Reddit, apparently it had to do with DOTA 2. Should work now.

Uzzy

- Releases December 10th

Lara in a Hitman suit? I didn't know how much I wanted this.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone want to do some casual USF IV practice matches?

full disclaimer: I SUCK ASS and will probably ask for advice on how to git gud afterwards or as we play if you want to skype

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher Adventure Game -- MB-35911DEC0A88E992 - Taken by City 17. 3 entrants total.

t1407497451z1.png

Uzzy

does anyone want to do some casual USF IV practice matches?

full disclaimer: I SUCK ASS and will probably ask for advice on how to git gud afterwards or as we play if you want to skype

I would do, but it's rather laggy at the moment. I'll be hosting a big lobby at 9pm (eight and a half hours from now) tonight, so you're more than welcome to join in there. Check the Games Night thread for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom