• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I would do, but it's rather laggy at the moment. I'll be hosting a big lobby at 9pm tonight, so you're more than welcome to join in there. Check the Games Night thread for more details.

yes, I saw! would be super interested in joining, but tonight is SO night

Dr Dogg

Does it detail anywhere what is in the season pass for Temple of Osiris?

Well I think I've figured out why retail copies are twice the price. Looks like there's a Gold Edition with an artbook, map and dumpy figurine. Here's the Season Pass details.

The Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Season Pass is available for purchase and includes all future downloadable content including the Icy Death and Twisted Gears Packs. The upcoming DLC Packs offer 6 additional costumes and will challenge Lara, Carter, Horus and Isis to conquer additional tombs and collect a treasure trove of unique rings, amulets and weapons. The Season Pass does not include the pre-order packs.

There a few more details there too like retailer specific preorder stuff.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/lara-...e-packs-gold-edition-revealed/?utm_source=rss

Mozendo

So, Wizardry + Heroes of Might & Magic (with amateur hour graphics)... Seems interesting enough.[/url]
I think I have an issue.
Every first person dungeon crawler I see on Steam I want to get despite not completing the others.

Why do projects like this go through Kickstarters' filters?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/an-11-year-old-is-making-an-awesome-gaming-pc
Lol $1600 for a 780 and an 8350

http://www.reddit.com/r/shittykickstarters/new/

Kiru

Finished The Expendabros. Pretty awesome. Gonna buy Broforce as soon as possible.

Expendabros lags for me on my laptop, just like the Broforce Prototype. The actual game on steam runs perfect, I'm pretty sure the Expendabros uses some old build. People blame them for releasing this free game instead of making new updates for the actual game. I think this was long planned.

BibiMaghoo

Steam Gaf, can you please advise me on how to setup family sharing? My partner got herself a laptop the other day, a fairly basic machine but it has a dedicated card so I thought I would share my library with her.

I've looked at the settings and:

1) I can't find anywhere to 'add' a person from my friends list to be authorised to share

2) Do I need to log into my profile on both PC's, authorise her PC as sharable on my account?

3) Do I need to log into her account on my PC to enable her to use my library on her own?

It was not as simple as I thought it would be. Any help would be great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam Gaf, can you please advise me on how to setup family sharing? My partner got herself a laptop the other day, a fairly basic machine but it has a dedicated card so I thought I would share my library with her.

I've looked at the settings and:

1) I can't find anywhere to 'add' a person from my friends list to be authorised to share

2) Do I need to log into my profile on both PC's, authorise her PC as sharable on my account?

3) Do I need to log into her account on my PC to enable her to use my library on her own?

It was not as simple as I thought it would be. Any help would be great.

Sign into your account on her system then go to Steam -> Settings -> Family and tick the box opposite her Steam Community name. It's worth noting that revoking Steam Guard authorisation won't affect Family Sharing access.

So there is no actual adding her profile to a list of authorised people? it's just adding the PC itself?

It's both. The way sharing works is that you authorise the system and then any accounts that exist on it.

Sarcasm

So there is no actual adding her profile to a list of authorised people? it's just adding the PC itself?
If this is family library share yes you log in on the pc that the person uses and authorize it in the options. You do not need family view, what ever the thing that needs a pin.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
F,E,A,R, Extraction Point expansion was actually pretty good, I personally think I might like it more than the main F.E.A.R. game.

Had better horror elements, which is obviously appealing to me. But ore than that, I felt it fell less to the tedium of, "Swarm of enemies, kill, downtime, swarm of enemies, kill, downtime. Once in a while something spooky. Swarm of enemies...," with much better pacing, had better moments and highs for me, better atmosphere, more interesting locations (which didn't overstay their welcome like the Water Treatment plant and the Tower did in the first game), and some cool new enemies and guns.

Tizoc

- Releases December 10th
- 10% pre-purchase discount ($17.99/$26.09 for the DDE/$59.97 for the four-pack [standard ed.])
- Region-locked, but the ROW subs (edit: and gift sub) are completely region-free, so some traders should offer cheap(er) copies

How many TF2 Keys can we expect for the Game+Season pass?

Vuze

Why do projects like this go through Kickstarters' filters?

Well, I'd rather pledge for the kids Xbox than a freaking bowl of potato salad... it's so disheartening to see those bullshit campaigns succeed with 50k $ but other nice and serious projects like RadialG fail...

KS should really work on their filtering/rules/whatever regardless.

Dr Dogg

It's so cute! Does she hum more than one tune?

I'm not entirely sure as I'm only a quarter of the way in but I think you can hum along to any song being played in the game at the time. I'm sure someone who has finished it can confirm.

Here's a vid demonstrating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlF9dq_toSM

Where is Doogie?

Hahaha this is becoming a habit now. Well I guess you guys don't like change. Fine I'll go a hunting for NPH pics *grumble, grumble*

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
image.php

Where is Doogie?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a list of what boxed games contains Steam-codes?

Valve's list is the best resource, but in addition to not being entirely exhaustive, not every game listed is Steamworks in the generally-understood sense that any and all keys are Steam-friendly (e.g. your retail copy of CoD4 won't register on Steam).

Edit: If you're curious about any titles in particular, just ask.

The interface changes are obviously half-baked and not finished, but I'm curious where exactly Valve is going with this. They need to get rid of the ugly buttons. Gah, I hope they won't update the interface gradually and do it in one big update instead. I also wish they'd include a brighter theme.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Valve's list is the best resource, but in addition to not being entirely exhaustive, not every game listed is Steamworks in the generally-understood sense that any and all keys are Steam-friendly (e.g. your retail copy of CoD4 won't register on Steam).

Valve's list actually seems pretty outdated and incomplete (for example newer games like Thief, South Park or Wolfenstein are not listed). I would consult Wikipedia instead

One thing nice about the Steam UI update is that it's easier to wishlist Coming Soon games by opening a new window with the middle mouse button instead of clicking the game & backing out.

pahamrick

Is there a way to edit out the rounded corners on game images in grid view, or am I stuck waiting for the skin authors to update for the changes to the new client?

I like how snappy the new client is, but I don't dig the rounded edges look.

Zomba13

Awww the new steam version doesn't change the icon in the taskbar if there is something downloading. I liked that, it let me know if there was something downloading that I would need to pause if I was playing FFXIV or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom