• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my youth we moved alot, and I feel your pain..

It's even worse when you're wife is pregnant. I'll be feeling my pain tomorrow.

going back a few pages .... I need this game back on steam (preferably with all the expansions) ... I played it ages ago and it's soooooo good

Lionhead, goddammit - get your butts together and bring it back to steam ; _ ;

oh hell yes. So many good memories.

Altazor

I'm back in the USSR SteamGAF thread! Haven't played a Steam game for quite a while, though. Baldur's Gate 2 has been my drug for the last couple of weeks: first 'cause it was pretty much the only game my netbook could handle without melting (I'm slightly exaggerating, of course) and then, because it captivated me deeply. And though I'm still early in the game (still Chapter 2 and doing shitloads of quests) and I SUCK at it... I'm still having tons of fun with it. Such a massive game without actually having "massive" maps. Fucking loving it already.

Salsa

9JVDdqW.png

time to play somethin

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
What are the best F2P games on Steam? So far I have got Aura Kingdom, Dragon Nest, Elsword, GunZ 2, and Loadout installed.

Path of Exile, Hawken, and Warframe aren't bad. Not on Steam, but Mechwarrior is okay too.

Out of all of them, only Path of Exile doesn't have a 'pay to not grind' model though, unfortunately.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This will be my first Mother game.
Because it's the first thing I thought of when I watched that trailer.
That's not a bad thing though.

That's what a lot of people thought of when they first saw the game. Since there hasn't been a new Mother game in a long time, and there's still no sign of NoA or NoE of localizing Mother 3, I'll probably pick this up to hopefully fill that niche that's been empty for so long.

What are the best F2P games on Steam? So far I have got Aura Kingdom, Dragon Nest, Elsword, GunZ 2, and Loadout installed.

Floating Point is the best completely free game on Steam, with zero microtransactions or in game purchases.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to give The Void a try, and it's a weird, WEEEIRD game. I don't understand anything about it, all that talk about colors seems so cryptic.

And to make it even more complicated, I was just going through some rooms, like the lady told me to. Then, after going back to the map, she said I had to go back to her chamber because there was something she needed to tell me. So I go there, and as soon as my character symbol reached that place, a cutscene played and the game restarted on its own. What happened, did I die? How (or why) did I die? What did I do wrong, if anything? What should I do instead, and where should I go?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. Just got an email about Dragon Quest IV for iOS and Android. I wonder how long it'll take before we see it on Steam.

I'll take Dragon Quest/Warrior I-III on Steam too, the GBC port of the first game was great, and I've heard nothing but great things about III.

Still bitter that VII 3D hasn't been localized yet.

I should have mentioned that I have played this before. I wasn't very good at it.

Looks alright. Downloading now. Thanks

Path of Exile, Hawken, and Warframe aren't bad. Not on Steam, but Mechwarrior is okay too.

Out of all of them, only Path of Exile doesn't have a 'pay to not grind' model though, unfortunately.

Path of Exile is also the only one interesting to me. Downloading now. Thanks.

Ehh... doesn't look like my cup of tea.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It has to come one day ;_____;

I just want to give Square Enix my money, but they won't take it.

I saw that Dragon Quest IV released on Android/iOS but honestly it looks like a REALLY lazy DS port. The fixed orientation (instead of the two screens one on the top of the other) and the really wonky touchscreen controls really killed any interest I had in playing this re-release. That, and it's exactly identical to the DS release (which I played through and beat about 2 years ago) - same graphics, same music, same everything except the menus are a bit different, to make the buttons big enough for touch.

Would I buy it on Steam? Sure I would. But unless it had better resolution options and controller support, I wouldn't play it.

If you're going the MMO route, Rift, Defiance, Vindictus, and City of Steam all do their respective variants on the genre well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Rift. I will download Rift and Defiance, not sure about Vindictus, and I don't like the look of City of Steam. Edit: Looking at the screenshots, the combat of City of Steam might be decent.

Why do a lot of these games not show gameplay in their trailers?

Blacklight?

Tried it on PS4. Didn't like it.

neoemonk

I saw that Dragon Quest IV released on Android/iOS but honestly it looks like a REALLY lazy DS port. The fixed orientation (instead of the two screens one on the top of the other) and the really wonky touchscreen controls really killed any interest I had in playing this re-release. That, and it's exactly identical to the DS release (which I played through and beat about 2 years ago) - same graphics, same music, same everything except the menus are a bit different, to make the buttons big enough for touch.

Would I buy it on Steam? Sure I would. But unless it had better resolution options and controller support, I wouldn't play it.

That's right! I may buy it but they can't make me like it damn it!

Lomax

Oh yeah, I forgot about Rift. I will download Rift and Defiance, not sure about Vindictus, and I don't like the look of City of Steam.

Why do a lot of these games not show gameplay in their trailers?

Tried it on PS4. Didn't like it.

Vindictus plays a lot like Dragon Nest with a different graphic style. City of Steam plays like WoW but if Steampunk doesn't appeal to you, it doesn't really have much to offer. Not sure if anyone already mentioned it but Marvel Heroes apparently is quite good now.

I decided to give The Void a try, and it's a weird, WEEEIRD game. I don't understand anything about it, all that talk about colors seems so cryptic.

And to make it even more complicated, I was just going through some rooms, like the lady told me to. Then, after going back to the map, she said I had to go back to her chamber because there was something she needed to tell me. So I go there, and as soon as my character symbol reached that place, a cutscene played and the game restarted on its own. What happened, did I die? How (or why) did I die? What did I do wrong, if anything? What should I do instead, and where should I go?

You probably died right before you reached her chamber. If you spend too much time in the overworld you will starve because your color constantly drains. The first sister will give you some starting tips, and set you off towards other sisters. From then on the game becomes very open, although you will receive quests in the form of the brothers who I won't spoil too much about.

zkylon

zkylewd

being confused is kind of the point. i don't remember exactly that part but like i warned you, you might have to start over a couple of times, sometimes not quite knowing why. you should always try to think about the effects of what you're doing as killing monsters, farming, etc. all that crap matters. at least the way it worked for me i just developed like theories about it as i went through

also only hint imma give you now in very useful illustration form

iGCYOb27eMlfC.PNG

Vindictus plays a lot like Dragon Nest with a different graphic style. City of Steam plays like WoW but if Steampunk doesn't appeal to you, it doesn't really have much to offer. Not sure if anyone already mentioned it but Marvel Heroes apparently is quite good now.

I will probably give Vindictus a try then. If CoS plays like WoW, I won't bother trying it.

Jawmuncher

I forgot how good the Sledgehammer feels in Red Faction Guerilla. Breaking buildings or bones with it is so satisfying. Easily one of the best melee weapons in gaming.

-MD-

I'm trying to buy MGR off of Nuveem. can someone walk me through how? I never use that store before. thanks :D

I used chrome to translate it but I made an account, activated it through my email, added the game to my cart and checked out with paypal.

UncleO

It's even worse when you're wife is pregnant. I'll be feeling my pain tomorrow.

oh hell yes. So many good memories.

I hear you, when we moved into this house my wife had to work a double shift and all but one of my "buds" that said they would help showed up. And that was after i had almost the entire truck unloaded.

Anyway pray the rest of the moving in goes well for you... Fod luck with the new addition to the family.

Lomax

I played that when it first came out! It felt like it would have been better as a single player game. For me, at least.

Yeah, I played it largely as a single player game, though the grouping was fairly easy to do. It was one of the first that really got action MMOs right imo and they listened to feedback really well, got rid of a lot of the cash shop nonsense and seem to rely mostly on cosmetics from what I can tell. Haven't really played it regularly in a couple of years though.

I remember giving up on Vindictus because of spiders, spiders, spiders.

Gameplay was fun though

I hate spiders but usually ones in video games aren't scary. The one member on GAF that has a picture of a spider as their image scares me every time. I tend to not read any posts near theirs.

Ryne

I hate spiders but usually ones in video games aren't scary. The one member on GAF that has a picture of a spider as their image scares me every time. I tend to not read any posts near theirs.

I think I know what Gaffer you are talking about
and I hide avatars because of it
. I do have a pretty big fear of spiders, but usually if I sit far back enough from the screen and know they are coming I can play.

The Vindictus spiders were nasty and just boring as enemies to fight. They just stuck them everywhere in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom