• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I used chrome to translate it but I made an account, activated it through my email, added the game to my cart and checked out with paypal.

Thanks MD :) I did it. Here I thought I had to do something crazy to get it. Google Translate <3 thank you.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You probably died right before you reached her chamber. If you spend too much time in the overworld you will starve because your color constantly drains. The first sister will give you some starting tips, and set you off towards other sisters. From then on the game becomes very open, although you will receive quests in the form of the brothers who I won't spoil too much about.
By overworld you mean the map or the rooms I visit? And I have no idea what that cycle countdown is supposed to be. This is so complicated, I don't think I'll ever be able to understand it!

being confused is kind of the point. i don't remember exactly that part but like i warned you, you might have to start over a couple of times, sometimes not quite knowing why. you should always try to think about the effects of what you're doing as killing monsters, farming, etc. all that crap matters. at least the way it worked for me i just developed like theories about it as i went through

also only hint imma give you now in very useful illustration form

iGCYOb27eMlfC.PNG
Yeah, you had mentioned having to restart, and you weren't lying. Less than an hour in, and I'm already dead with no idea why (though according to Ricochetguro I may have ran out of color).

You are also right about that pic, when I tried to draw that sign I got it wrong and the game told me "You made the sign wrong and needlessly wasted color" or something like that. Way to make me feel like shit, game :/

By overworld you mean the map or the rooms I visit? And I have no idea what that cycle countdown is supposed to be. This is so complicated, I don't think I'll ever be able to understand it!

The overworld is the map. Once you're in a chamber or area in the first person you can take your time but while in the map you are constantly draining color and will eventually either run out and die or have so little left that you can't progress. Have to be careful.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh my gawd didn't know there was a beta version for gm

holy shit so many hidden features T_T

how do you spider fearers feel about centipedes and scorpions?

centipedes freak me out and i don't have problems with on-screen scorpions but i would probably go into panic mode if i saw one irl

I think I know what Gaffer you are talking about
and I hide avatars because of it
. I do have a pretty big fear of spiders, but usually if I sit far back enough from the screen and know they are coming I can play.

The Vindictus spiders were nasty and just boring as enemies to fight. They just stuck them everywhere in the beginning.
i added all the gaffers with such avatars to my ignore list

not gonna miss all em pretty avatars just because a few bad apples

You've seen The Mist?
Because you should see that,
wild guess is that movie isn't about unicorns

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I watched the Giantbomb quicklook of Back to Bed. Anyone who hasn't seen it yet probably should, the game looks visually great.

I saw that Dragon Quest IV released on Android/iOS but honestly it looks like a REALLY lazy DS port. The fixed orientation (instead of the two screens one on the top of the other) and the really wonky touchscreen controls really killed any interest I had in playing this re-release. That, and it's exactly identical to the DS release (which I played through and beat about 2 years ago) - same graphics, same music, same everything except the menus are a bit different, to make the buttons big enough for touch.

Would I buy it on Steam? Sure I would. But unless it had better resolution options and controller support, I wouldn't play it.

I picked up the DS version of IV earlier this year, so I wouldn't buy until a really good sale, but I can't see SE drastically improving a Steam version of the game.

I was hoping that the iOS port of VII might be a sign that SE would try a PC version of the game since FFVII and co. had already been released and had been successful by that point, but I guess SE doesn't think the franchise is viable on anything but mobile. St least I've got the rest of the series (other than VII :/ ) available to play on other platforms.

how do you spider fearers feel about centipedes and scorpions?

Scorpions are okay, don't really like centipedes. You know what are hype though? Pillbugs.

Mono

Centipedes (especially some of the ones I have seen online) are very scary looking. Scorpions don't look that scary, but if I encountered one in real life, I would probably be scared.

Are centipedes rare where you live? I barely saw any back in the UK but now I must see three or four of them a week, inside. They're everywhere and terrifying! :X

Khronico

Goodness, the pc controls for Alpha Protocol are horrible. It feels SO BAD. I might have to plug in my ps3 controller for this. It's really, REALLY bad.

I'm back in the USSR SteamGAF thread! Haven't played a Steam game for quite a while, though. Baldur's Gate 2 has been my drug for the last couple of weeks: first 'cause it was pretty much the only game my netbook could handle without melting (I'm slightly exaggerating, of course) and then, because it captivated me deeply. And though I'm still early in the game (still Chapter 2 and doing shitloads of quests) and I SUCK at it... I'm still having tons of fun with it. Such a massive game without actually having "massive" maps. Fucking loving it already.

Gotta get on those mods, son.

www.pocketplane.net/
weidu.org/main.html
www.gibberlings3.net/
www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_mods.php

I'd recommend getting the Collector's Edition merchants (lots of high-level items, albeit expensive), Unfinished Business and the Item Upgrade mod from the Weidu site.

Grief.exe

Goodness, the pc controls for Alpha Protocol are horrible. It feels SO BAD. I might have to plug in my ps3 controller for this. It's really, REALLY bad.

Reading the 'favorite game with the woret metacritic score' thread made me want to play up Alpha Protocol.

I've always wanted to play through it and SteamGAF has always discussed its merits, but it was far and away the most popular answer in the thread.

What is so bad about the M/KB controls?

Fox318

ModBot said:
[

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

No Time To Explain -- MB-1B1E3384B49529B4 - Taken by Lomax. 3 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-FB5AFFF3687006D5 - Taken by DontBlink. 11 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse Complete -- MB-AC96D487793A6DD8 - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Skyscraper Simulator Steam Key -- MB-3B21626151E17E2F - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Hugstable. 2 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-8AC541DF09AE878C - Taken by NamikazeBurst. 4 entrants total.
BALLPOINT UNIVERSE INFINITE -- MB-19CD811248B402A7 - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
Trainz: Murchison 2 -- MB-A0F25067DF94BBEE
Trainz: Classic Cabon City -- MB-4CF28B4A8EFB8875 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-B2B8A5B019892FF0 - Taken by Jadax. 5 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut -- MB-57F20E2D47477E5E - Taken by Deadbeat. 5 entrants total.
Trainz: Settle & Carlisle -- MB-8A47ED37D106A87A - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Beatblasters 3 -- MB-5567305F3666071F - Taken by danhese007. 2 entrants total.

t1407557393z1.png

Mono

Is there a website that keeps track of which games have been bundled before? Because I just had the first instance of finding a game in my Steam library that I literally have no idea where it came from. I already checked to see that it isn't free to play!

Reading the 'favorite game with the woret metacritic score' thread made me want to play up Alpha Protocol.

Do you have a link to that thread? I can't find it!

Toki767

Is there a website that keeps track of which games have been bundled before? Because I just had the first instance of finding a game in my Steam library that I literally have no idea where it came from. I already checked to see that it isn't free to play!

What game is it? I'm sure one of us can tell you.

Jawmuncher

Enhance steam will tell you if the game was in a bundle.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tabletop Simulator -- MB-88BFD50EFEAD1FD3 - Taken by ramoisdead. 35 entrants total.

t1407560453z1.png

It's called Race 07 and actually doesn't look half-bad! I just wish I knew how it managed to sneak into my Steam library!

Enhanced Steam strikes again -- that's amazing! I'm assuming that info's on the store page?

Isn't Race 07 part of GTR Evolution key you can get from the PC Gamer giveaway?

dot

Are centipedes rare where you live? I barely saw any back in the UK but now I must see three or four of them a week, inside. They're everywhere and terrifying! :X

That sounds like a horror movie and i'm about to poop my pants just from reading that.

thanks momo

Jawmuncher

It's called Race 07 and actually doesn't look half-bad! I just wish I knew how it managed to sneak into my Steam library!

Enhanced Steam strikes again -- that's amazing! I'm assuming that info's on the store page?

Yep find the game and it'll be under the price.

Lomax

Indie Game Bundle Wiki

Not 100% accurate but pretty close and hits all the major ones.

Tellaerin

That movie fascinated me with idea of games having endings like that. Shame they don't happen often. In so tired of happy or vague endings.

If I spent hours to finish a game only for it to end like that, I'd be flipping my computer desk and tossing my PC out the nearest window. : / Now, if you had something like that as a possible ending, sure. But if it's the only ending, I'd be more than a little annoyed.

It was the BEST ending

Maybe on Bizarro world. >.>

Mono

Isn't Race 07 part of GTR Evolution key you can get from the PC Gamer giveaway?

That would make sense! Though it's weird that Race 07 would be on it's own in the Steam library, since GTR Evolution shows up, too.

That sounds like a horror movie and i'm about to poop my pants just from reading that.

thanks momo

There's no where to hide!! :(
If you ever see me staying up all night
it's probably because I saw a centipede in my bed
again!! ;A;

I live in Ontario, Canada, and I don't know if I have ever seen one in person. When I was younger, I saw a creature in my basement that had a lot of legs, but it was relatively small compared to pictures I have seen online. I chalked it up as being a centi/millipede.

Hearthstone. Not on steam obviously, but man...the game is addicting. And I've tried almost every card game there is.

I have got this downloaded. I was able to play it on my old laptop, so it was one of the few games I played. So far all I have done recently is play the first person in the first wing of single-player. But yeah, the game is good.

maneil99

BC, Canada here, think I've seen millipedes, or whatever one has less legs

That would make sense! Though it's weid that Race 07 would be on it's own in the Steam library, since GTR Evolution shows up, too.

There's no where to hide!! :(
If you ever see me staying up all night
it's probably because I saw a centipede in my bed
again!! ;A;

Apparently the GTR Evolution key activates three games:

RACE 07
RaceRoom Racing Experience
GTR Evolution

RACE07 is the base game for GTR.

BC, Canada here, think I've seen millipedes, or whatever one has less legs

Same place except I don't think I've seen many insects with many legs. Most of them have been spiders.

Altazor

Gotta get on those mods, son.

www.pocketplane.net/
weidu.org/main.html
www.gibberlings3.net/
www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_mods.php

I'd recommend getting the Collector's Edition merchants (lots of high-level items, albeit expensive), Unfinished Business and the Item Upgrade mod from the Weidu site.

oh, I'm trying to stay as close to vanilla as possible for my first taste of BG2. I just use a couple of mods (widescreen, the general fixpack and a banter mod) that don't change that much the BG2 experience, heh.

It has been frustrating, yes, but I'm slowly learning. And even with that difficulty, I'm still loving it. I'm sure I'll replay it with some other, deeper, mods after I beat it ;)

Mono

Indie Game Bundle Wiki

Not 100% accurate but pretty close and hits all the major ones.

Thanks, that's pretty useful!

I live in Ontario, Canada, and I don't know if I have ever seen one in person. When I was younger, I saw a creature in my basement that had a lot of legs, but it was relatively small compared to pictures I have seen online. I chalked it up as being a centi/millipede.

In my unfortunate centipede experience-expertise, the tiny 1mm house centipedes grow up to be those nightmare fuel 5cm hell-spawn; so maybe you saw a baby!

*moves to Canada*

Hearthstone. Not on steam obviously, but man...the game is addicting. And I've tried almost every card game there is.

Hearthstore is very fun! I thought it was going to be pay to win, but it's not at all like that. It's very easy to learn and very satisfying, so I'd definitely give it a go if you're looking for a free to play game to try out. Not too big of an install, either, if I remember correctly.

zkylon

zkylewd
really sucks that the steam version of gamemaker is so shit

i bought it here cos it was cheaper at the time but i so fucking regret it

you're always behind in updates and you don't even have access to the marketplace

it's pretty shit

yea map is that thing that looks like a bunch of sperm cells

just pace yourself, no need to go crazy

you know you need color to not die and you need color to do shit. you'll be taught how to get color and what to do with it. now how to manage color is what's interesting.

Yeah, you had mentioned having to restart, and you weren't lying. Less than an hour in, and I'm already dead with no idea why (though according to Ricochetguro I may have ran out of color).
yup, save often and in different slots and don't be wasteful with color.

You are also right about that pic, when I tried to draw that sign I got it wrong and the game told me "You made the sign wrong and needlessly wasted color" or something like that. Way to make me feel like shit, game :/
yup, shape recognition thingie is pretty picky with how it likes its alphas

practice it a bit until you get the hang of it (once you 'get' what shape it wants you to do it's pretty easy) since you'll be using alpha thingie A LOT

Jawmuncher

If I spent hours to finish a game only for it to end like that, I'd be flipping my computer desk and tossing my PC out the nearest window. : / Now, if you had something like that as a possible ending, sure. But if it's the only ending, I'd be more than a little annoyed.

Maybe on Bizarro world. >.>

But a possible ending takes away from the impact though. I think we as gamers need stuff like that once in awhile just to change things around on us. Hell it's the main reason a certain game was absolutely loved last year. Though it wasn't a dark as the most it treaded the same water basically.
Still waiting on the next big game to just end with all my effort being in vain. Kinda hope evil within does it.

Eternia

Lucky you. :p

I tend to see a generous amount around here. From one every week or two to a couple per day. The worst is waking up to one crawling along the ceiling (and then they fall down). I can pretty much put myself down to losing a couple hours of sleep once that happens.

...I have a sudden urge to play Earth Defense Force now.

tylerf

Lucky you. :p

I tend to see a generous amount around here. From one every week or two to a couple per day. The worst is waking up to one crawling along the ceiling (and then they fall down). I can pretty much put myself down to losing a couple hours of sleep once that happens.

...I have a sudden urge to play Earth Defense Force now.

Oh god the ceiling crawlers are the worst. They're so fast that they can scurry away as soon as you turn your head to find something to kill it with. Luckily the ones that I usually see every summer haven't made any appearances this year. I hope they went extinct.

On another note, I did a double take while playing time attacks in Sonic Transformed when I saw Gravelord Nito in the top 3 for one of the tracks. Those times are ridiculous I don't think I could ever reach them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom