• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

Better than CA2? Okay so I might need to watch it then. Captain America 2 has some really well done fight scenes

The Winter Soldier remains my favorite superhero movie of the year, but GOTG is funny as hell and has some very well done emotional moments. Go see it!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Classic JaseC: "My Steam account has grown to 111 games"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19540773&postcount=87

he was still so young, there was still hope

Awesome, glad you like it. :)

I'm finally back from my work conference so I'm going to hopefully have some time today to work on Idle Master. Another GAFer submitted an OSX / Linux port so I'm going to have to spin up some of my virtual machines for testing. With any luck it'll be cross-platform compatible soon for those that aren't running Windows.

Priority #1: Update to new ugly ass icon

Echoplx

Can't remember any throtteling when I used it years ago but of course the fans ramped up a lot, just like when I use tools to test the stability of my CPU after overclocking. Or like some games make my PS3/4 become a lot louder. Still I expect gaming hardware to be able to deal with it. Not 24/7 but from time to time.

Directly from a Nvidia rep

Furmark is an application designed to stress the GPU by maximizing power draw well beyond any real world application or game. In some cases, this could lead to slowdown of the graphics card due to hitting over-temperature or over-current protection mechanisms. These protection mechanisms are designed to ensure the safe operation of the graphics card. Using Furmark or other applications to disable these protection mechanisms can result in permanent damage to the graphics card and void the manufacturer's warranty.

So yes, it is possible for different software to stress hardware in different ways, and in some cases it can cause GPUs to overheat.

A good example I can think of is Retovirus, which is a fairly simple indie game that put huge load on my GPU and caused it to overheat and shut down my PC. This was later fixed (kind of) by the Devs and I can only assume it was poor programming that caused it.

Dr Dogg

First time I saw the 'new' theme for the client it was late at night and thought it was backlight bleed. Also on the subject of playtime what ever happened to that Steam Level bar graph that told you and your friends how ace your were but how much you had played over the past 2 weeks? Used you go to a maximum of 10 I seem to recall.

maty

Been on a roll the last few days. 100%ed Goat Sim, Whispering Willows, Wolf Among Us, The Room and Time Mysteries, got all I'll ever get out of Killer is Dead, Octodad and Lili. Next is Stacking. Or Remember Me. Something not too difficult.

You should try Stacking, great game and it isn't very long nor difficult to 100%. My playtime says 13 hs but that's because I idled for cards after completing the game.

Shadownet

Banned
Better than CA2? Okay so I might need to watch it then. Captain America 2 has some really well done fight scenes

It's a lot funnier than most superhero films and I thought Captain America had some funny moments as well. To me it beat out Captain America 2 bit an inch. Which is amazing since the Winter Soldier was a really good movie.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2a. X-men Days of Future Past
2b. Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
3. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
4. Edge of Tomorrow
5. The Lego Movie
6. Hercules (The Rock version)
7. 22 Jump Street
8. Godzilla
9. Transformers Age of Extinction
10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Bonus: I thought Draft Day was pretty well done too (generic. But if you like inspirational sports movie, it was good).

My top 10 (or 11) so far, and I still want to watch Veronica Mars, How To Train Your Dragon 2 and Snowpiercer.

Sendou

You should try Stacking, great game and it isn't very long nor difficult to 100%. My playtime says 13 hs but that's because I idled for cards after completing the game.

Yeah Stacking was a fun game to 100%.

Now working on 100%'ing Thomas Was Alone and it seems very easy to do exactly that.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Shadownet: stump would like to know, who would win in a fight between Wolwerine and Cpt. America?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My top 10 (or 11) so far, and I still want to watch Veronica Mars, How To Train Your Dragon 2 and Snowpiercer.

Oh god, Snowpiercer. That movie was really fucked up. Can't say I enjoyed it, but it was... interesting?

Oh yeah, and Steam games and stuff.......

Hugstable

Banned
I'd rather give Steam a cut of the money for Ubi's bullshit.

Only uPlay game I own is Legends :(

Yeah same, only Uplay only game I have is AC4 and thats because it came free with my video card. I still haven't played it just because how much I don't like Uplay at all. I always had so many problem launching Blood Dragon for a long time because of it.

Zimbardo

I don't get why people keep buying uPlay titles on Steam. When a game is infested with that crap, you might as well just buy a uPlay code for it.

most of my games collection is on Steam, so i prefer to keep adding to that, if at all possible, rather than another client.

jblank83

I'd rather give Steam a cut of the money for Ubi's bullshit.

Only uPlay game I own is Legends :(

Yah.

If I buy their games on Steam and never on Uplay, that goes into some Ubisoft MBA's spreadsheet so he can talk about it at some meeting, plastered on a big powerpoint. It might never actually change Ubisoft's business practices, but it's not for lack of trying. Nor does an extra one click every time I want to play Far Cry 3 bother me.

I don't own any uPlay Steam games! Does Steam just open the uPlay client?

Opens and automatically launches the game.

SSPssp

That's actually an interesing question given the relative recency of trading cards -- the system is not much more than a year old. I can say with confidence that if it weren't for trading cards, at least 95% if my library would be untouched, but I'm also acutelt aware that I'm an outlier.

I bet that definitely has something to do with it!

We're probably mostly outliers on Gaf (or any online forum, really). I went from 10 games this April to over 600 now.

But looking at the huge games sold numbers compared to the AAA or AA games sold, I guess at least half or more are cheap bundle games so idling is probably still significant.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet: stump would like to know, who would win in a fight between Wolwerine and Cpt. America?

Wolverine. Captain America is good but good luck stopping the animal. Seriously.

Oh god, Snowpiercer. That movie was really fucked up. Can't say I enjoyed it, but it was... interesting?

Oh yeah, and Steam games and stuff.......

fucked up in like an "omg" way? or "damn that movie sucked really bad"

Damn son. Haven't see either yet, but knowing Bay, damn

How would you rate the respective games?

I haven't play the new Transformers game yet but I heard it was terrible. Spider-Man 2 wasn't too bad. I didn't like the new swinging mechanic though (I'm a minority) I still wouldn't wanna play both. I told all the customers that wanted to buy those games to check out the past Spider-man games and the other Transformers series.

Squirrel Girl

Well if she's in any battle, it's an automatic victory of course.

I have a quick question for you Steam bros. My sons have recently gotten into playing Awesomnauts and they quite like it a lot. Is there a way to set up matches with only bots? Because while they are both enjoying themselves tremendously I feel somewhat bad for anyone who might get placed on their team as they really don't know what they are doing.

Vibranium

Banned
I don't get why people keep buying uPlay titles on Steam. When a game is infested with that crap, you might as well just buy a uPlay code for it.

Yeah, I just usually buy my Ubi games on console, as I really don't want to support uPlay until they wise up and get it out of the Steam versions. Having to run two clients on Steam is ridiculous and they really need to have a team fix this problem sooner rather than later. South Park's success should teach them something.

Less than 10 mins left, good luck all.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Omegalodon #3 -- MB-E596122AA05C1A34 - Taken by Perun. 3 entrants total.
Omegalodon #2 -- MB-B866D7488FC08902 - Taken by Benedict. 6 entrants total.
Omegalodon -- MB-7432A12BD78D270C - Taken by maty. 7 entrants total.

t1407605335z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
fucked up in like an "omg" way? or "damn that movie sucked really bad"

Personally I thought it sucked really bad and immediately after watching it wished I had those 2 hours of my life back. But I also recognize that my opinion about that movie is kind of in the minority.

Shantom

I have a quick question for you Steam bros. My sons have recently gotten into playing Awesomnauts and they quite like it a lot. Is there a way to set up matches with only bots? Because while they are both enjoying themselves tremendously I feel somewhat bad for anyone who might get placed on their team as they really don't know what they are doing.

Custom Match is what you want. The default settings should be for a bot match. They can play against each other in that mode also (though you can't have two splitscreen players on different teams).

Echoplx

Hey guys, i need to refresh my Steam app. Is there a way I can delete Steam but not my game? I wanna reinstall Steam.

Just delete everything in the Steam folder except for Steam.exe and the SteamApps folder then run Steam.exe and it will download everything it needs.

Mono

Speaking of Groupees, I didn't realize they added some games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 STARS OF DESTINY -- MB-EE47F15C9FCEFBDA - Taken by Andrefpvs. 2 entrants total.
BALLPOINT UNIVERSE -- MB-A172C1672ED4CCC8 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.

t1407606115z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Personally I thought it sucked really bad and immediately after watching it wished I had those 2 hours of my life back. But I also recognize that my opinion about that movie is kind of in the minority.

Well I just checked it got 95% on Rottentomatoes (I'm surprised its that high) but of course after I see it, I'll let you know what I think :p my friend thought Man of Steel was GOAT, but of course the majority disagree. lol

delete everything in your steam directory except the exe, userdata and steamapps folders
That's what I thought. thanks P
to the power of 3

Wolverine has the entire power of Canada inside of him.

You can't stop that.

As I told Phoenix several times, There are only a few good things that came out of Canada. (kinda like Michigan in a way)

Anybody have any nice quick burst puzzle or such recommendations?

Puzzles:

Lyne
Hexcells/Hexcell plus
Rush
Edge
Kami

Other games that can be played in quick sessions:

Race the sun
Cook serve delicious
Dead hungry diner
Electronic Super Joy
The great jitters: Pudding panic
Binding of Isaac

jblank83

As I told Phoenix several times, There are only a few good things that came out of Canada. (kinda like Michigan in a way)

And Wolverine is all of them, with all the powers of the wild forests, the glaciers that carve the earth, and the powerful herds of a million muscular wild moose. Captain America has a little shield.

It is no match.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
yea map is that thing that looks like a bunch of sperm cells

just pace yourself, no need to go crazy

you know you need color to not die and you need color to do shit. you'll be taught how to get color and what to do with it. now how to manage color is what's interesting.

yup, save often and in different slots and don't be wasteful with color.

yup, shape recognition thingie is pretty picky with how it likes its alphas

practice it a bit until you get the hang of it (once you 'get' what shape it wants you to do it's pretty easy) since you'll be using alpha thingie A LOT
These tips are great, thanks. I'll try it again today with the Easy mod.

Momentary

Banned
In concern of USFIV, I just discovered that Diagonal Charge Ultras don't work on my Arcade stick in combos for some reason. They just don't register. When I plug it up to my 360 they work just fine. But when I get back on PC they don't work. Could there be something up with the USB port? Is this some kind of ghosting issue?

Edit: I've used 3 different arcade sticks. I want to say this is why I'm also having some issues with other characters as well.

In concern of USFIV, I just discovered that Diagonal Charge Ultras don't work on my Arcade stick in combos for some reason. They just don't register. When I plug it up to my 360 they work just fine. But when I get back on PC they don't work. Could there be something up with the USB port? Is this some kind of ghosting issue?

I vaguely recall Salsa complaining about diagonals not working either.

jblank83

Ô Canada!
Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom