• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Whenever I see that omegadolon pic, I get

tumblr_m3swh1ffLF1r7azfs.png

Double

Anybody knows if, when I buy a game in Ubi shop (Anno 1404 still) when I already got it on my account, I can give the code to a friend? Or what will happen :>

Echoplx

Metal gear is good but so flawed. The camera is poor and the controls, specifically blocking, stink. The game did little to explain things to you, like how to replenish health. Took forever to figure out blocking on the wolf fight. Yes, I did the tutorial.

Give this a watch, it helped me a lot when I first started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7IlIUKP64o

Basically, getting the dodge move and learning to parry counter makes the game much more enjoyable.

Hugstable

Banned
Hypothetically, how much could I get dark souls 2 and divinity:eek:s from Russia?

I don't know about Divinity still, but Dark Souls 2 is region locked for sure, so you really wouldn't be able to get a copy from Russia. If Divinity isn't region locked yet it should be going for around 17-18$ or probably 9-10 keys depending on where you look.

Since I didn't get any reactions in the Nosgoth thread, I'll try here; I have 3 keys to share for Nosgoth beta on Steam. PM if you want one.

Reposting for new page. Can someone tell me how to have Modbot autorepost giveaways? I didn't see it in the tutorial earlier, thanks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Omegalodon #3 -- MB-E596122AA05C1A34 - Taken by Perun. 3 entrants total.
Omegalodon #2 -- MB-B866D7488FC08902 - Taken by Benedict. 6 entrants total.
Omegalodon -- MB-7432A12BD78D270C - Taken by maty. 7 entrants total.

t1407605335z1.png

Loving Astebreed, but I REALLY wish there was an alternative control to the dash. I almost always end up having to complete a slash combo instead of dashing when I need it. What about double tap left analog? Or just right analog? Or a separate button + left analog?

Egamer

Finished Dishonored. I actually loved the game. Loved the story, and really liked the background information in books wise (just like Elder Scrolls and Fallout nowadays). Can't wait for Dishonored 2, although I really don't know what the story'll be about.

Although I won't mind an open world.

After finishing Dishonored I installed Mind: Path to Thalamus. Requested a review copy and glad I can't write about it. Read much about it, and I'm really interested now. Anything else I should know before playing?

ViviOggi

The Rise of Incarnates Beta is apparently going on right now. Not sure if it was mentioned in here.
Announcement_0.jpg

www.riseofincarnates.com

Click the Play Now

Make Sure Steam is open and you'll see it ask you to download the beta.

Oh, it's that Anarchy Reigns game. Didn't know it was that far into development already, thanks for the heads up.

Nothing happen for me. I'm guessing it's only limited to NA region.

I'm EU and just started downloading, the site's getting hammered it seems. Gotta try multiple times but once the site actually loads you should be good to go.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
God bless you JShackles (and Stump!) for IdleMaster. Makes me card idling much better indeed :) Now let's see how long it takes to get all remaining cards.....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
God bless you JShackles (and Stump!) for IdleMaster. Makes me card idling much better indeed :) Now let's see how long it takes to get all remaining cards.....

Awesome, glad you like it. :)

I'm finally back from my work conference so I'm going to hopefully have some time today to work on Idle Master. Another GAFer submitted an OSX / Linux port so I'm going to have to spin up some of my virtual machines for testing. With any luck it'll be cross-platform compatible soon for those that aren't running Windows.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/286690/discussions/0/34094415777794897/

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's a response from 4A Games regarding some of the complaints people have been expressing over the Redux titles. Thought it was a well written response, even though it really shouldn't have been necessary. I don't like to throw the term entitled around but it really does seem to be the case in this matter. I'm not sure why people felt they were obligated to get these upgrades for free with the amount of work that went into it.

rtcn63

http://steamcommunity.com/app/286690/discussions/0/34094415777794897/

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's a response from 4A Games regarding some of the complaints people have been expressing over the Redux titles. Thought it was a well written response, even though it really shouldn't have been necessary. I don't like to throw the term entitled around but it really does seem to be the case in this matter. I'm not sure why people felt they were obligated to get these upgrades for free with the amount of work that went into it.

The Metro games are borderline unplayable due to horrendous performance for some people, when they really shouldn't. Those people arguably have a right to feel irked, particularly if the new iteration greatly alleviates the problem.

Enco

The Metro games are borderline unplayable due to horrendous performance for some people, when they really shouldn't. Those people arguably have a right to feel irked, particularly if the new iteration greatly alleviates the problem.
Nah I don't think so.

Game performance isn't great but it's tailored for high end rigs. You shouldn't expect max performance on an old computer.

If people expected Redux for free then TLOU Remastered should have been free.

rtcn63

Nah I don't think so.

Game performance isn't great but it's tailored for high end rigs. You shouldn't expect max performance on an old computer.

If people expected Redux for free then TLOU Remastered should have been free.

??? I can put Metro 2033 on the lowest settings/resolution, and it'll still have frequent pauses during regular gameplay, worse during action-oriented sequences. (Core i5 OC'd/GTX 670) And it overheated my PC at least once, shortly after booting up. Never happened with any other game that I can recall. I'm not the only one, google both games and you'll see these issues aren't so isolated. Must we always be so quick to blame the consumer?

Corpekata

Banned
Last Light should not be 12.50 if you owned the season pass. If Ubi or EA tried to charge 12.50 for what amounts to new animations and a new difficulty mode, there'd be riots.

It's a good upgrade on consoles, and for 2033 on all platforms, but I really don't see how it can be justified on PC if you had the DLC.

KingDirk

So busy planning for a wedding I only have time for, like, a scenario or two in Revengeance at a time. Anybody have any nice quick burst puzzle or such recommendations?

Hugstable

Banned
??? I can put Metro 2033 on lowest settings/resolution, and it'll still have frequent pauses during regular gameplay, worse during action-oriented sequences. (Core i5 OC'd/GTX 670) And overheated my PC at least once, shortly after booting up. Never happened with any other game. I'm not the only one, google both games and you'll see it isn't so isolated. Must we always be so quick to blame the consumer?

Did you turn off the Advanced PhysX in 2033? I used to have huge problems running the game until I turned that off and now it has been running fine for me.

??? I can put Metro 2033 on the lowest settings/resolution, and it'll still have frequent pauses during regular gameplay, worse during action-oriented sequences. (Core i5 OC'd/GTX 670) And it overheated my PC at least once, shortly after booting up. Never happened with any other game that I can recall. I'm not the only one, google both games and you'll see it isn't so isolated. Must we always be so quick to blame the consumer?

You can google any game and there will be someone bitching about performance. I don't really see how this is relevant to the Redux though.

??? I can put Metro 2033 on the lowest settings/resolution, and it'll still have frequent pauses during regular gameplay, worse during action-oriented sequences. (Core i5 OC'd/GTX 670) And it overheated my PC at least once, shortly after booting up. Never happened with any other game that I can recall. I'm not the only one, google both games and you'll see these issues aren't so isolated. Must we always be so quick to blame the consumer?

This is the case for every computer game ever.

rtcn63

Did you turn off the Advanced PhysX in 2033? I used to have huge problems running the game until I turned that off and now it has been running fine for me.

Yep. Even tried various Vsyncs, the usual gambit.

EDIT: Are you all fucking serious? Fuck me. Yeah, it's my fault. It's all our fault. There aren't games that are badly optimized and the like. Thanks for reminding me to keep my mouth shut about serious issues or having an opinion, no place for that here. I'll stick to drive-by one liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom