• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned

That man never cease to amaze me.

Is Steam sorta dead for anyone else, I can view community and store stuff but can't see my friends list.

Valve was telling you, that you have no friends. :p
----------------------------

So I reinstall Steam > then I followed Anteater instruction on how to save your Grid View Game Banners locally. I think it work because now my art is loading pretty quickly, though there is still a noticeable lag when you try to scroll up and down.

I don't think you have to reinstall Steam for it to work but I just wanted to start fresh. Here is his instruction again if you want to try it out.

Save Banners Locally

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve was telling you, that you have no friends. :p

If you say so Valve... :(

sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

Just got a +20 to my game count by going through Steam and finding the Free or Free to Play games that I was missing that give a +1.

And I just got a -1 to my game count. What the hell man :/

I've had 1,160 games for a looong time, and now it just dropped to 1,159.

Is there any way to check what game it was?

Sendou

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-6FCA666C916D5313 - Taken by factorone

Got the Be Mine bundle currently going with Lili, 99 Spirits+DLC, 100% OJ and Little Big Adventure. Thanks for tips Mono & Jawmuncher.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Anyone played Gods Will Watching now that the new patch is out? Wondering if it is worth bothering with right now since I really didn't like what I played when it launched

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you need to begin installing them or clicking on play now should be enough?

I think you have to have it open the installation dialog in Steam for it to register. You don't have to actually start downloading anything, you can cancel that dialog immediately after it pops up if you're just chasing that +1.

Copons

I think you have to have it open the installation dialog in Steam for it to register. You don't have to actually start downloading anything, you can cancel that dialog immediately after it pops up if you're just chasing that +1.

Yup, I didn't remember I already owned the first of your list, so it wasn't adding the +1 no matter what. ^^

EDIT: also I'm feeling kinda bad I'm getting the 500 badge this way. :(
no, not really

Jawmuncher

Have plenty to play but currently in that mood where I'm just too lazy to start anything.
Will probably just finish up Star Trek THE GAME.

Toki767

Hmm...today is the last day for Target's deal on Steam wallet (and PSN/XBL/eShop) cards. Basically 12.5% (with an additional 5% with RED card) off when you buy two cards. Considering if I want to stack up on them for the winter sale.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: Hahaha you can also search by specific tags and traits as well to find the perfect novel for your titillation. A fan of facial hair? No problem as there are 234 visual novel with main characters with beards! I better stop browsing this in case the other half thinks I've gone a bit weird(er).

image.php

Hmm...today is the last day for Target's deal on Steam wallet (and PSN/XBL/eShop) cards. Basically 12.5% (with an additional 5% with RED card) off when you buy two cards. Considering if I want to stack up on them for the winter sale.

I mean, it's a decent deal, but there might be a better deal closer to the winter sale, sort of similar to how there was a Target deal near the summer sale.

I bought a card solely for money to last until the winter sale and for buying cards. Those Trails cards weren't cheap as far as cards go :| The backgrounds though :D

Anyone played Gods Will Watching now that the new patch is out? Wondering if it is worth bothering with right now since I really didn't like what I played when it launched

I have been interested in this game after watching a video on Joystiq. However, comments in here have made me think harder about if I would enjoy it. The video made it look very interesting though.

Vuze

Screenshot problem from earlier also exists in Sniper Elite 3... I have no idea what the heck is going on. Probably somebody is around who can help me out now.

So, I have everything set up like this. I never had any problems until recently.

But the screenshots of more and more games are not placed in the Steam userdata screenshot folder so I cannot share them comfortably. Instead, Steam decides to put them into a subfolder (named after the game) in the "uncompressed" screenshot folder and doesn't even save the uncompressed copy at all.

So for example Sniper 3 screenshots are jpgs placed in a folder like this and are not recognized by the Steam screenshot utility. The meta.txt contains a hash of the GameID and the game name.

I'm running the latest stable client.

So is it common for Steam cards to feature spoilers? Really disappointing to find that a mystery game has a pretty obvious character spoiler on a card.

C4rter

Will Kingdoms of Amalur get better after a while?

The quests I currently get are usually pretty boring ("Break 10 chests" or "Kill the two guys") and the comic look graphics are not exactly my cup of tea.

I'm still rather early in the game (between 2-3 hours) and I'm currently deciding if it's worth 5€ and if I will even finish it. If the same style of quests stay on for the next 50 hours or so, I don't think I will be friends with this game. It's like a simplified "Skyrim" (has almost every aspect Skyrim has) but in quests and handling more like "Diablo". Is that assumption correct and can somebody tell me if I should continue or quit?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The quests I currently get are usually pretty boring ("Break 10 chests" or "Kill the two guys") and the comic look graphics are not exactly my cup of tea.

I'm still rather early in the game (between 2-3 hours) and I'm currently deciding if it's worth 5€ and if I will even finish it. If the same style of quests stay on for the next 50 hours or so, I don't think I will be friends with this game. It's like a simplified "Skyrim" (has almost every aspect Skyrim has) but in quests and handling more like "Diablo". Is that assumption correct and can somebody tell me if I should continue or quit?

Yeah, the entire game is comprised of tedious fetch quest design through uninteresting spaces.

KarmaCow

I finally got the Kisses pattern in Payday 2 (my first one in the entire time I've been playing) so I can make the mask I've wanted to try since early on when I started the game.

It uses the Gagball Mask + Kisses Pattern + Double Red Color but I'm unsure of what material to use. I have most of them, but I've thinking between these three (excuse the shitty compression).

I'm leaning more toward the third one but I can't decide. Due to how mask customization works in Payday 2, I only have one shot with the pattern unless I randomly find another one. :(

No challenges for any of the new characters in SFU4 is pretty weak. Was it just too much work or something to tell me some combos to do .

new challenges will be added later , also online edition select will be added for endless battle and the option to set the cpu to do delayed wakeup in training mode

Miker

I finally got the Kisses pattern in Payday 2 (my first one in the entire time I've been playing) so I can make the mask I've wanted to try since early on when I started the game.

It uses the Gagball Mask + Kisses Pattern + Double Red Color but I'm unsure of what material to use. I have most of them, but I've thinking between these three (excuse the shitty compression).

I'm leaning more toward the third one but I can't decide. Due to how mask customization works in Payday 2, I only have one shot with the pattern unless I randomly find another one. :(

Those masks (and most masks in Payday 2) are absolutely terrifying. In my opinion. Really, though, I find all the masks in that game pretty ugly, except maybe the Optimus Prime ripoff.

kafiend

Don't obsess about completing every side-quest you find. There's far too many of them and it just means you get incredibly over-leveled.

Rudakus

definitely the third one

Toki767

I mean, it's a decent deal, but there might be a better deal closer to the winter sale, sort of similar to how there was a Target deal near the summer sale.

I bought a card solely for money to last until the winter sale and for buying cards. Those Trails cards weren't cheap as far as cards go :| The backgrounds though :D
I think usually 10% is the highest it goes outside of stuff like this. Might just buy $100 though.

KarmaCow

Those masks (and most masks in Payday 2) are absolutely terrifying. In my opinion. Really, though, I find all the masks in that game pretty ugly, except maybe the Optimus Prime ripoff.

Yea I don't like most of the masks but there are some great combinations from the limited customization. I'm way too cautious about experimenting because most of them are single use only though.

I've been using this mask since basically when I started. I did it before I realised that patterns were once use only so if I could find another I would probably go a little different with it. I still like it though.

I tried to make one that looked disturbing but ended up just looking bad.

definitely the third one

That's reassuring that someone else likes that one the best.

Sendou

Overdrive Working On New Go! Go! Nippon! Game

Earlier in the year, Hiroshi “Bamboo” Takeuchi, the president of visual novel developer Overdrive, said that he was encouraged by the sales of Go! Go! Nippon!, the studio’s first visual novel aimed at the Western market.

Go Go Nippon! is a game that puts you in the shoes of a boy visiting Japan for the first time, and being shown around by a pair of twin girls. The game went on to sell 10,000 copies, which is fairly impressive for a visual novel, and Takeuchi said that he would like to create a “version 2” of the game with updated aspects.

True to his word, Takeuchi appears to be doing just that. Last month, on Twitter he revealed: “I started the development of ‘Go! Go! Nipppon-2014-’.”

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/09/overdrive-working-new-go-go-nippon-game

Enco

Why is this thread on the second page?

Is there any way to fix/remove the download progress bar?

wwJDoF4.png

I stopped a download and don't want to complete it.

If you're looking for an outside opinion I like the middle one better personally, but the third would definitely be my second choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom