• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
PO6JWXJ.png

Honestly+if+someone+tried+to+hold+315+tablespoons+and+bench+_8de7a237800e4827ad4706d6e601d641.png

Sorry MR ORANGE

How many of those have you played?

abracadaver

Its Lara Croft time:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-17BD0FCD5467FE19 - Taken by Mono. 8 entrants total.

t1407616135z1.png

Dr Dogg

Am I the only person here that has their Taskbar set to hide automatically? Why would you want to have that taking up screen real estate. Those extra 80 or so pixels have saved me from the dreaded 66 and 33% Photoshop scaling horrors a number of times.

Vuze

Am I the only person here that has their Taskbar set to hide automatically? Why would you want to have that taking up screen real estate. Those extra 80 or so pixels have saved me from the dreaded 66 and 33% Photoshop scaling horrors a number of times.

You're not! I've also set it to auto-hide.

-

gabenpls what have i done to you
42403703f7.png

Anyway, I love Sniper Elite 3 so far, much better than what I've played from 2. However it seems I'm stuck at the end of the second(?) chapter... the following:

Soldiers detected me, the final general hiding in the car is approaching. I'm located at the tower. I've sniped the general twice now but apparently I also need to escape unseen which is impossible with the savestate I have...

This is where I respawn. I'm sure some SteamGAF-members have played the game - could you give me advice? I won't replay the whole chapter because of this...

Mono

My screen feels naked without it!

Nope. Once I tried it, I couldn't go back. I need my Taskbar to have auto-hide on.

I have my taskbar vertically, does that count ?

abracadaver

another chance to win Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-A8C94ED8964FDF7A - Taken by Cozmogramma. 13 entrants total.

t1407617156z1.png

Elija2

Why is this thread on the second page?

Is there any way to fix/remove the download progress bar?

wwJDoF4.png

I stopped a download and don't want to complete it.

I believe the only way to get rid of it is to uninstall the game that was downloading, even if it's just an update.

Sammichu

'
ModBot said:
Instructions for Sammichu:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-7F1203663F93E90B - Taken by freshVeggie
Not the Robots -- MB-91F40B518383CDA3 - Taken by Sendou
Love -- MB-A5D2FDDEC3486A94 - Taken by Woody Invincible

JustinBB7

Finished Far Cry 1, pretty fun game in the end.

Started up Far Cry 2 and the graphics are pretty good, better than I expected. Finished up the tutorial bit and did 1 mission afterwards, then the game crashed.

Do I have to keep it on Directx9? Read that fixes it somewhere.

abracadaver

Oh come on! Can't believe I missed this!
Will keep an eye for other giveaways but if I don't win them...well I got a TF2 Key I can get it for tomorrow after work.

Try again:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-6022BFE8A39CD008 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 12 entrants total.

t1407618235z1.png

Ok, I've got two games, not codes, to gift.
Half Life 2
Atom Zombie Smasher

First to quote for the game you want gets it, then pm me your email for me to send it after work tonight. Let me know if that's not how steam gifts work. I'm a bit of a nub on this stuff.

Divius

Ok, I've got two games, not codes, to gift.
Half Life 2
Atom Zombie Smasher

First to quote for the game you want gets it, then pm me your email for me to send it after work tonight. Let me know if that's not how steam gifts work. I'm a bit of a nub on this stuff.
I would like Atom Zombie Smasher, please.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Been a while since I posted, TLOU's been consuming me. Anyway, I'm here to give away this

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Creamium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-EA040087227E02F3 - Taken by Knurek. 55 entrants total.

t1407628495z1.png

Great little game that's on sale now

tmarg

I hide it on my laptop, but keep it around on my desktop.

Let me tell you about crysis 1 hasn't aged well.

Crysis 1 hasn't aged well, guys. It runs kinda like ass even though it's about a good 6-7 years old and the gameplay...it's just kinda meh.

Got up to a part where 2 tanks overran a village I was in and it seems that I missed a rocket launcher early in the level. Looked up online if there were any alternatives after 5-6 tries on my own and guess what? Nope, not much I could do.

Yeah, I'm just gonna move on to crysis 3 and hope that the pretty of it can hold my attention some ( played 2 already and it was ok ).

Grief.exe

Crysis 1 hasn't aged well, guys. It runs kinda like ass even though it's about a good 6-7 years old and the gameplay...it's just kinda meh.

Got up to a part where 2 tanks overran a village I was in and it seems that I missed a rocket launcher early in the level. Looked up online if there were any alternatives after 5-6 tries on my own and guess what? Nope, not much I could do.

Yeah, I'm just gonna move on to crysis 3 and hope that the pretty of it can hold my attention some ( played 2 already and it was ok ).

Warhead significantly improved the formula.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idlemaster is a godsend, thanks for all your work, J.

No problem! I'm getting ready to publish a new version I've been working on - it will let you set a sort method of either "mostvalue" or "leastvalue" (in addition to the already available "mostcards" and "leastcards")

If you sort by value, Idle Master will go out (using the Enhanced Steam API) and find the value of the remaining trading cards for each game, and go down the list to idle the most or least valuable cards in sequence. This should help people maximize their profits from idling, especially if you have a lot of games left to idle.

The only downside is that it takes an extra couple of seconds to start up, depending on how many games with card drops you have remaining. I have 179 games and it takes about 20-25 seconds to get the value of all my games. It should be well worth it though.

Divius

No problem! I'm getting ready to publish a new version I've been working on - it will let you set a sort method of either "mostvalue" or "leastvalue" (in addition to the already available "mostcards" and "leastcards")

If you sort by value, Idle Master will go out (using the Enhanced Steam API) and find the value of the remaining trading cards for each game, and go down the list to idle the most or least valuable cards in sequence. This should help people maximize their profits from idling, especially if you have a lot of games left to idle.

The only downside is that it takes an extra couple of seconds to start up, depending on how many games with card drops you have remaining. It should be well worth it though.
areyouawizard.png

Sini

Did you look in the same house where you were in when tanks came. There's infinite cache of rocket launchers there. There's also a rocket launcher in both places that could be in your way to the village. One in the building on top of the hill where secondary objective is and other is in the checkpoint on the road near the sea. If you got to the village then you surely went through at least one of those places.
Do you just run to the objective without looking around even a bit? I don't think Crysis 3 would be suitable for you either. (But you liked 2 so I dunno)

Edit: Infinite cache is actually in another big building just 20 meters away, but the building with hostage still has three rocket launchers.

The only downside is that it takes an extra couple of seconds to start up, depending on how many games with card drops you have remaining. I have 179 games and it takes about 20-25 seconds to get the value of each. It should be well worth it though.

Let me also say thank you very much for Idle Master! Your work on Enhanced Steam is incredible and a great way of comparing prices to save money. Now you've made something that helps us earn money as we get cards to sell on the market. You truly are the King of Steam! <3

Yeah, it's a little confusing... I always double check as well.
It's not the first time it happens but I usually catch it right before I actually put the article up though. But I've been putting up like a like 200 cards on the market today, so .xx have kind of become a reflex now.

Still have no idea why this card is selling for so much compared to the other ones in the series.

maneil99

Crysis 1 is the best of them all, if you are on the level where you rescue the girl there's literally 10 rocket launchers in the basement of the school.

Sini

Crysis 1 is the best of them all, if you are on the level where you rescue the girl there's literally 10 rocket launchers in the basement of the school.
I just launched that level in editor and there's three launchers in first floor of that school. And there's infinite cache in the next building where KPA has their base set up. There's also one in the gas station.

Edit: Now I know why Crysis 2 lets you see weapons through walls.

I dunno, I looked in the building the hostage was in, thinking "it has to be here, it's a game made in the last decade. No way it's elsewhere."

Couldn't find it.

Honestly, the game was boring me to hell already and I was getting annoyed that there seemed to be infinite enemies whenever I passed a checkpoint. I just kinda sat there, asked myself if I was having more fun than not, found myself having zero fun and then deleting the game. Like I said, big fan of far cry 1 but I was getting nothing from crysis 1.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
that "mostvalue" sort function sounds amazing, jshackles!

The only downside is that it takes an extra couple of seconds to start up, depending on how many games with card drops you have remaining. I have 179 games and it takes about 20-25 seconds to get the value of all my games. It should be well worth it though.

My first time hearing of this program, and while I don't have many games (so not many cards), it sounds very helpful. Thanks for your hard work so far and future work! It was very easy to set-up.

JustinBB7

I don't remember anything about a hostage/girl/school in Crysis 1, isn't it first half of the game fighting koreans on the island and second half fighting aliens on the island?

..I'm confused..

Edit: actually maybe I do, isn't it a scientist in a hospital?

I dunno, I looked in the building the hostage was in, thinking "it has to be here, it's a game made in the last decade. No way it's elsewhere."

Couldn't find it.

Honestly, the game was boring me to hell already and I was getting annoyed that there seemed to be infinite enemies whenever I passed a checkpoint. I just kinda sat there, asked myself if I was having more fun than not, found myself having zero fun and then deleting the game. Like I said, big fan of far cry 1 but I was getting nothing from crysis 1.

it's coz you didn't play the game correctly

Tizoc

Try again:

lol, at work so I check GAF inrequently in like 30 mins so I missed this as well XD.

Non the less kudos for sharing the game as, despite playing little of it on PS3, is a solid game that many should def. play, especially co-op.

...which once again makes me want to bring up that you can get its sequel 'Temple of Osiris' from Russian Traders for 6 TF2 Keys+1 Tour of Duty ticket if you want base game+Season pass. As is it is not Region Locked and you would be getting the RoW ver.
In my case, I got the game for $13ish~
PRAISE THE RUSSIA BEAR
Russian_bear.jpg

Uzzy

Outside of the actual fighting, Street Fighter is really depressing. Rubbish story mode and barely any training features make for a weak feature list. I'm hoping for improvements in those regards in Street Fighter 5. Heck, steal the MK/Injustice story mode and the Skullgirls training mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom