• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkiller

yeah :D
UtWF3dS.png

Ban Puncher

Everyone is playing games by the looks of my friend list.

Me? I'm waiting for dinner. And I know just as soon as I start playing something it'll be time to eat.

wazoo

Thanks :) I don't have it installed so couldn't take a quick look but I thought it would be that. I'll be buying it once Capcom have patched the PC version up, sounds a bit messy at the minute online wise.

That is weird.

"Current owners of Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition can purchase this package to upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra Street Fighter IV."

so, the upgrade should be useless since there is no SSFAE anymore.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For me, I'm going on a month-long trip to PAX Prime, Europe, and Africa at the end of this month and into later September. So I've been playing and streaming games like a madman to game myself out. Also I guess I couldn't of chosen better timing, because the Twitch fiasco has lead to a larger audience on Hitbox, and my followers have been going up pretty fast and my regular viewers have gone from 40-70 people to 90-140 people, so I'm happy and happy as the games I've been completing have been good.

But I peek in every day and watch you all from afar. Some day I'll gather the courage to approach you all and confess my feelings to
Modbot.

Copons

If you guys don't want to write stuff here, I guess you could, like, you know, play stuff.

And what's better than play amateur RPG Maker games created by fellow GAFfers?

Speaking of which, allow me to spam this thread:
RPG Maker Game Development Games Voting ; Play & Vote on these user-created games

There you'll find 12 ready to play games made in two months for you to evaluate love them or shit upon them (or anything in the middle should be fine too).

These are the games running for a prize I honestly can't remember (I'm sure you'll recognize several names from here :p ):

Recurrence by Tommy Gun
RivalQuest by zashga
The Last Willie by Bl4ckSunsh1n3 & kn1ves24
Delinquent's Journey by originalself
Képzeletbeli Gyilkos by ChainsawKitten
The Age of Dusk - Prologue by Noble Neckbeard
Murder Mystery Mansion by Tempy
Brodzilla by Copons
The Edge of Darkness by ZenaxPure
My Miserable Island Vacation by sld
The Very Best by PsionBolt
GAFQuest by tensuke

Of course any discussion and rating are much appreciated in the linked thread... :)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Btw, who here is thinking of getting Advanced Warfare? Idk if GAF is still interested in CoD.

I'll probably get it eventually (since it's region-locked and $60 is waaaaaaaay out of my reach) ... I definitely want to play it

Knurek

Some quick impressions of adventure games I've been playing lately:

header.jpg

10 hours for all 4 episodes

Oh god, was this game British or what (or rather wot)? Really impressive character modeling (they really, really look like something made out of clay), some really clever puzzles here and there, VA even better than in other Telltale games, and God save the Queen it was outsourced to a UK studio, so you were getting some genuine Scottish/Welsh/Cockney accents instead of some cheap Sean Connery soundalike). Only thing I didn't like was the control scheme which made you use WSAD for walking.

11 hours for all 3 episodes

Oh god, was this game British or what (or rather wot, you tosspot)? Not really surprising, but the game looked way better than anything else Telltale made - their pitiful attempts at 3D really can't beat hi-res 2D artwork. VA was also amazing, although this time the quality of speech samples was suspect at times. Still a heaven in the ears of any Britophile - you can treat the game as a UK version of South Park and pick up some new, interesting swearwords. Game had unfortunately some pretty excessive examples of Adventure Game Logic, but luckily comes with a pretty extensive hint mode.
Would love me some Hector S2, seriously.

12 hours for all 5 episodes

Other than the 1st episode being a full example of amateur hour (looks terrible, has some pretty terrible puzzles, does not fucking allow you to answer Strong Bad's email for crying out loud), it's a really nice series. Nothing special, and definitely not something worth the usually inflated price Telltale asks for, but a good way to spend time even if you're completely unfamiliar with the source material (as I was). Reminds me a bit of Adventure Time or other Toonami YA shows. Must be a US thing, I guess.

Shadownet

Banned
Whatever happened to Chroma Squad? Last I check, Saban was up in their business about royalty fee or they were going to take them to court.

Shoo Saban.. Just stop. Let me have my Sentai game.

Teppic

I really liked Wallace & Gromit and Strong Bad. Great classic adventure fun. I have yet to play Hector Badge, but I'll get to it soon. It's sad that Telltale doesn't make good classic adventure games anymore.

Sarcasm

If she's playing on your installation of Skyrim, she'll get all of your mods unless you disable them. You can disable them from the 'Data Files' choice on the Skyrim launcher.

If you've done any ini tweaking, you'll have to untweak those before hand too.

Oh! You could actually just make a separate vanilla installation for her as well. That might be easiest, though both installations will probably share save locations and ini files in the documents folder. How you go about making a separate vanilla install could be tricky, though. Copying your installation and pruning the mods from her version would probably be safest for your install.

If it is under her username why would it Dave under mine?

wilflare

Sorry guys, I've been slacking. Health and all.

Btw, who here is thinking of getting Advanced Warfare? Idk if GAF is still interested in CoD.

I enjoyed my free copy of BF4 (lol thanks to my AMD card purchase earlier this year)
I would play COD again I guess - the last I played was MW or MW2

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Are there any games like Luigi's Mansion on PC?

Nete

Im trying to help a friend of mine to use Idlemaster, but he can't find the sessionid cokkie, only Steamlogin.

Make sure he is looking at steamcommunity.com. I had problems to find it... until I realized I was checking the regular store.steampowered.com. Maybe he is making the same mistake.

Benedict

I don't know if these are activated already or not. From Groupees bundles all of them.
Edit: this was supposted to be a dump-giveaway. don't know really what happened.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sugar cube bittersweet factory -- MB-A1DE309B361F8D66 - Taken by Pop
Splatter -- MB-E2F5D6C380294F6C - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Pid -- MB-5440D509790D82DA - Taken by Yrael
MAKING HISTORY II THE WAR OF THE WORLD -- MB-E2B50647CB4B8B2A - Taken by Evrain
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-A206060D1233AA83 - Taken by Saty
Battlepillars gold edition -- MB-E55CBD86442BB07C - Taken by Hugstable
1000 amps -- MB-3377E9AAE15ECDA9 - Taken by rainking187

KarmaCow

I guess it's still in beta or whatever but I really don't like how Nosgoth plays. The movement, attacking, dodging, everything is just feels so stiff. Animation priority is one thing but it feels like I'm watching the game play out.

I didn't go in expecting much but I have no reverence for the Legacy of Kain series but that was still disappointing. The asymmetric versus (ranged humans vs melee vampires) is somewhat interesting but that doesn't mean much when the fundamentals aren't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom