• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Original Sin is STILL the top seller? Very good!

It dropped to 4-5 a few days ago. Steam will release the aggregate list at the end of the week though.

yeah i forgot that Australian time is only a few hours ahead of Singapore time. I remembered staying up to 5AM everyday when I was in Sydney last year due to the timezone difference xD

lol I hate when that happens.

H1PSTER

h2VshE9.png

kudoboi

lol I hate when that happens.

it was a real eye opener for me though. the city was still so alive even at 3 to 5am. things are a lot different here even in singapore. something that bugged me though was the fact that most stores and malls closed by 6pm. over here, the default time that a store or shopping mall closes is always 9.30 to 10pm

SparkTR

Cool, thanks. I like the idea of exploring a haunted mansion in an adventure game fashion. Maniac mansion would be another good example.

Not an Adventure game, but Clive Barker's Undying has some of the best haunted mansion atmosphere ever. Also Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines is great as well.

So, I just tried Asterbreed.

ibkpLnbhUWJILk.gif

Wowsers, the game is gorgeous.

I feel there is a little bit too much things going on for my taste, but that might be because I'm more used to more bullet hellish kind of shmups, so I just gotta get used to it. Or I just ought to stop abusing the lock-on mechanic, I don't know.

Sendou

Completed Thomas Was Alone (my 9th perfect game). Easy and very hard to miss achievements. Below are some other impressions.

thomaswasalone7vu2f.png

header_292x136.jpg

First of all the game is very easy all around. It's a puzzle platformer but it doesn't make you use your head. The only difficult part in the game is managing all the playable characters but that's more of a chore than anything else. Beyond cycling through your characters I think the controls are tight.

Good graphics and presentation. When you make a game about rectangles it's too easy to take the easy way out. That isn't the case here. Good use of lighting. Music fits the experience well. One of the best looking main menus I have seen for a while.

TWA's gimmick is making rectangles characters. It succeeds in that task. That said I found the story mildly annoying if that makes sense. Something about the narration and story's presentation made me feel like that. That said it's a good concept and it's not too bad in any sense.

I'd give Thomas Was Alone a strong 6/10. At this point mostly everyone owns it and I feel it's worth a play. It's not even close to being worth $10 though.

Killer Is Dead is great, such a good action game with an incredible art style.

Definitely my favorite grasshoper game, but those gigolo missions...

tumblr_inline_mhh08qRtv01qz4rgp.gif

Hugstable

Banned

From what I was told you only really need to do Natalia's first Gigilo mission since it nets you an important subweapon. The game is tons of fun though and is just oozing style. The graphics and art style are really well done for the game and the fighting is very easy to pick up.

Tizoc

^Nope. The first 3-4 gigolo missions you complete give you a sub weapon each, doesn't matter which one you go for.

tumblr_inline_mhh08qRtv01qz4rgp.gif

Pfft this bitch's blushing is proof that she wants dat Mondo.
...and don't lie them beauties are wroth it.

Beelzebubs

It was beautiful!

So anyway, anyone got any experience in CS:GO betting, just started out and wondering whether it's worthwhile doing.

Sarcasm

So for Family Library Share I found the following:

• The mods do carry over, regardless of Windows User account.
  • My saves oddly sync into my wife's my games folder in her documents (user/my documents/my games/skyrim/saves)

Now for the save thing, if I disable cloud saving - will that fix it?

here
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Guise of the Wolf -- MB-4818384A2FD7B3FA - Taken by NingenJanai
Gianna Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-06678D453DC4AFFC - Taken by Demon Lizardman

derExperte

Finished the main campaign of Stacking, the extra one and a lot of achievements to go, also got a foil for all my work. Problem and the reason I'm not sure I'll bother doing everything is that the first two sections (trainstation and ship) are by far the best parts, after them it gets very dark graphically, too much running around and the puzzles aren't getting any better either. A bit disappointing overall.

Far Cry 2.... enemies respawning is bad enough, but the long drives to every mission are sooooo boring.

And then the missions are even more boring than the driving. Every game mechanic in that game is competing for the 'most boring'-title and it's a fierce fight up until the end.

Jawmuncher

I still have to give that honor to NMH.
It has less combat but everything about it I just loved even the open world and having to do jobs . The story there though is what I really liked. I still need to play the 2nd though.

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-B2034CF0ECA5B858 - Taken by Aitor
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-F0EDF8E6CD1E45B7 - Taken by Benedict
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-58F877F804FE8022 - Taken by Volcynika

Kiru

I still have to give that honor to NMH.
It has less combat but everything about it I just loved even the open world and having to do jobs . The story there though is what I really liked. I still need to play the 2nd though.

Same. Need to play the second, but I really did like NMH 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom