• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixdiggit

Been playing a little Nosgoth. It's pretty fun but kind of seems like a tacked on multiplayer game to a single player game. Really hope they add a lot more to it as it does have potential.

Momentary

Banned
Anyone having trouble redeeming the Humble Weekly Bundle games recently? I keep getting a try again later message.

Edit: It finally worked. I'm impatient.

Momentary

Banned
If anything NOW is perhaps the best time to bring your more popular series. Trails in the Sky Chapter One was a top seller on both GOG and Steam, even if it was for a few days. Hopefully this'll encourage more Japanese devs to give Steam the light of day.
However this should NOT mean that devs should flood Steam with their titles simply because not everyone is gonna buy all your big titles, and thus you need a set schedule when it comes to relasing your games.
Take the Disgaea series for example; as is there are 4 main entries, and if NIS decides to release the series on Steam, they'd need to put gaps between the release of each game to not exhaust the consumer.

OR... Release Disgaea 5 with the rest of the games attached. Like a collection. Charge 60 bucks. Bam! 5 solid titles for that price. It would have a hard time not selling.

louiedog

Anyone having trouble redeeming the Humble Weekly Bundle games recently? I keep getting a try again later message.

That sometimes happens when Steam community stuff is having issues. I've been getting an error for the last few minutes trying to sell a card so that's probably it.

abracadaver

does it cost money for a dev to add trading cards to their game ?

I'm wondering why some old games have trading cards and some don't.
If I were a dev I would definitely add cards to my game if I could.

It doesn't coest them anything (other than time) and they get a small cut of every market transaction. I'm more confused why so many newly released games do not have cards these days.

Deques

From what I was told you only really need to do Natalia's first Gigilo mission since it nets you an important subweapon. The game is tons of fun though and is just oozing style. The graphics and art style are really well done for the game and the fighting is very easy to pick up.

None of the sub-weapons are important. I beat the game without realizing there were other sub-weapons.

The drill is only important to find Scarlett

Jawmuncher

Nothing but laziness. You don't even use the game itself for the cards just the appid and game time. While they do need to be approved by valve seems a easier process then a lot of other things they do.

It doesn't coest them anything (other than time) and they get a small cut of every market transaction. I'm more confused why so many newly released games do not have cards these days.

Wolfenstein was the most recent game that really surprised me with its lack of cards.

maty

Completed Thomas Was Alone (my 9th perfect game). Easy and very hard to miss achievements. Below are some other impressions....

Nice, thanks for the impressions. I was meaning to play it but I read the dev was going to add cards some time ago so I was waiting until then to do it. If there aren't any news regarding that I'll play it shortly.

Good Lord, spent over 9 hours yesterday meticulously setting up OBS, finicking all kinds of tweaks and setups on OBS and the game I tried streaming, just to come to the conclusion my laptop turns with abysmal results each and every time, no matter the constellation of settings.
So much wasted time and energy. Ah, well. At least now I know streaming is not an option for me anymore.

fantomena

They are not, driving it's part of the fun of the game, why would they make it optional by giving you a teleport?

Far Cry 2 is one of the best shooters ever, but it's a very diferent style of shooter.

Far Cry 2 is one of the most boring games Ive ever played. Ive tried multiple times to play it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Original Sin's weekly reign at #1 ended.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/153991/steam-top-10

... and yet:

2014-08-10_16-53-38.jpg

Saty

Yeah, right now in your region. The top 10 lists Bluesnews post are the best-selling games of last week and they are provided by Valve. Ordered by revenue rather than units.

abracadaver

Seems like noone in the oculus rift thread wants a free game that supports oculus rift so I post it here:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lunar Flight -- MB-7C980285AFC17E5A - Taken by danhese007. 4 entrants total.

t1407683758z1.png

Khronico

So the PC version of Alpha Protocol + controller is the definitive version. I got the ps3 controller set up and tested it last night. It's much better than m+kb; the issues with random spikes in sensitivity are diminished, and the hacking minigame doesn't feel like playing QWOP over OnLive with a bad connection. If you were interested in playing that game I would highly recommend you get a controller to play it.

-----

On the topic of ps3 controllers, does anyone know of any steam games with controller support that actually switches out 360 inputs for ps3? Playing AP made me realize how confusing it can be situating yourself with a new control scheme that references a completely different controller.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, right now in your region. The top 10 lists Bluesnews post are the best-selling games of last week and they are provided by Valve. Ordered by revenue rather than units.

The Top Sellers list on the store is ordered by revenue, too.

Jawmuncher

So the PC version of Alpha Protocol + controller is the definitive version. I got the ps3 controller set up and tested it last night. It's much better than m+kb; the issues with random spikes in sensitivity are diminished, and the hacking minigame doesn't feel like playing QWOP over OnLive with a bad connection. If you were interested in playing that game I would highly recommend you get a controller to play it.

-----

On the topic of ps3 controllers, does anyone know of any steam games with controller support that actually switches out 360 inputs for ps3? Playing AP made me realize how confusing it can be situating yourself with a new control scheme that references a completely different controller.

Watchdogsand Transistor will notice a ps4 controller.
dunno about ps3.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
They are not, driving it's part of the fun of the game, why would they make it optional by giving you a teleport?

Far Cry 2 is one of the best shooters ever, but it's a very diferent style of shooter.

A fucking Men my good man. I like you. As a fan of FC2 you better grow a thick skin, it ain't popular around here.

Hell I love FC2 and Serious Sam, I'm fuckin bullet proof in these threads now ;)

abracadaver

Lunar Flight -- MB-7C980285AFC17E5A - Taken by danhese007. 4 entrants total.

there is still an unclaimed copy in the oculus rift DK2 thread if you want it

Khronico

Absolutely. FC2 is amazing. I've played through it three times now: Twice on ps3 and once on PC. I love it so much I started listening to the Idle Thumbs podcast because I heard the hosts were huge FC2 fans.

Damn... I never thought I'd be wanting to buy a visual novel on Steam. Chou Dengeki Stryker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBz02xcwb6g
I'm not even upset that the erotic sections are being removed for the Steam release. I'm sure it will matter for some folks.
I was expecting a serious sci-fi, story-heavy game. By following a couple links found myself somehow at mangamer's adult section (which is the bulk of their offerings).
Woah, all kinds of fantasies. They have them all. NFSW!
[Too NSFW]
Where are the stores for non-hentai, good jVNs?

Congrats on your birthday! Accept friending, yo.

AHA-Lambda

So, I've played a bit AC4...man, this is boring. Not boring as AC3, but anyway boring.
I hate the main character, I hate the fact that during the first two act I already did 3 "catch him" sections, I hate the "kill that iguana" to make a bag.

I hope the game would be better, because until now it's a recycle fiesta.

Yeah, don't believe the gaf hype, it's still just Assassin's Creed.

Hopefully they don't offer "SD" options. I want accurate advertised pricing for films and TV Shows.

So, I've played a bit AC4...man, this is boring. Not boring as AC3, but anyway boring.
I hate the main character, I hate the fact that during the first two act I already did 3 "catch him" sections, I hate the "kill that iguana" to make a bag.

I hope the game would be better, because until now it's a recycle fiesta.

It's an awful assassin's creed game full of terrible buggy traversal mechanics and repetitive annoying uninspired missions but being the captain of a ship is fun for a few hours.

Momentary

Banned
For Disgaea 1-3? $15-$20 per game. TiTS was released for the first time in 2004, Disgaea in 2013.

OKay. I would still buy a collection for $90-$100 for a all in one collection. That seems like a fair price to me. 15 for the first 3 games. 20 for number 4 and 25 - 35 for the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom