• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I feel weird. I'm gradually losing interest in Destiny. I'm not even sure if I wanna pick up the game let alone the CE now.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO DO THE TUTORIAL MISSIONS FOR A THIRD TIME BECAUSE THE ALPHA AND BETA WEREN'T ENOUGH TO HAMMER IT INTO MY THICK SKULL

The Collectors Edition (that one with the Ghost model) is going for silly money on eBay already so you could probably still make some cash. I ain't selling mine though, I love giant pieces of plastic crap that take up space on my shelves.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This "how to sell my Xbox One" thread is ridiculous. Perfectly sums up what a cesspool this site can be. I think I'm fine sticking my guts exclusively to the Steam thread

Funny thing is that I'm pro-Sony myself and I am irritated by the fanboyism and excessive console wars that happen in such threads. Can't fault people like Cliffy B that shit on GAF, they're actually right

This "how to sell my Xbox One" thread is ridiculous. Perfectly sums up what a cesspool this site can be. I think I'm fine sticking my guts exclusively to the Steam thread

Funny thing is that I'm pro-Sony myself and I am irritated by the fanboyism and excessive console wars that happen in such threads. Can't fault people like Cliffy B that shit on GAF, they're actually right
We are still at the start of the new generation, give it a few years, the console brothers will unite against the PC elitists. And divide once more when another new generation begins, the cycle continues.

That's not a gaf problem, it's an internet problem, same thing happens everywhere. Sad but true.

The Steam Community figure is accurate.

The one on the profile page, or the one in Games > All Games? The 199 on my profile page hasn't changed even though I've bought Ikaruga and Shovel Knight over the past month or so. :-/

Profile page: 199
Profile > Games > All Games: 212

I've preordered Hatoful from the Humble Store so I'll check these numbers again when they send out the key.

Mono

Yep... I barely venture out of SteamGAF unless someone directs me to another thread. You guys are the best!

Has anyone else had that 200 market sales limit and had to put in extra information?

I'm at that limit; I'm just waiting until next year!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently Valve forgot to set today's Daily -- only the Legend of Eisenwald sub was updated a few minutes ago.

Well, you are what you eat.

tumblr_lw3qvn8slt1qkyw9jz8.gif

I thought it was collector

It shifts depending on the context. :p

At first I thought it was a popsicle stick. But I'm pretty sure it's a thumb.

Yeah.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The one on the profile page, or the one in Games > All Games? The 199 on my profile page hasn't changed even though I've bought Ikaruga and Shovel Knight over the past month or so. :-/

Profile page: 199
Profile > Games > All Games: 212

I've preordered Hatoful from the Humble Store so I'll check these numbers again when they send out the key.

The former. The All Games tab misses a few things and even lists some stuff mistakenly (e.g. the Borderlands DLC campaigns, which obviously aren't separate games).

Edit: D'oh, didn't switch tabs.

Mono

So, the most flawed thing about One Way Heroics seems to be how easy it is to completely lose your really good items by forgetting to go into the Dimensional Vault menu after you lose or beat the game. I've lost a bunch of good items because of this. :X Other than that, the game is really really good!

It currently beats out Rogue Legacy as my podcast-listening rogue-like!

BorntoPlay

That is weird.

"Current owners of Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition can purchase this package to upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra Street Fighter IV."

so, the upgrade should be useless since there is no SSFAE anymore.

That is for current owners of SSFIVAE....

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
That's not a gaf problem, it's an internet problem, same thing happens everywhere. Sad but true.

True. Still I expected more mature behavior from a site who is mainly consisted of adults between 25-30 years old and is very well known for it's strict moderating. Also the fact that so many people from the industry post here gives this site a lot of class and credibility, both of which are taken away when situations like this happen

Sendou

Made some Lovely Planet webms

Foothills - Temple - Lower Glacier - Launchpad

Seriously, if the style and gameplay of the game appeal to you even in the slightest, go and buy it right now. It's only $6/4.40€ and I have a hard time thinking of a better way to spend money right now. Exceptionally good game.

Oh the same developer made SpeedRunners? Didn't know that.

Looks like they have a new game going to be revealed at Gamescom. Something about "redefining RTS".

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GRID -- MB-75D652455FA4597F - Taken by anastef. 10 entrants total.

t1407692398z1.png

http://a.pomf.se/tmnlei.webm

I had a feeling that avoiding that thread was a good move lol.

Shadownet

Banned
Arm's getting better, can almost use it freely, which is good...
but then there's been some other complications, so...

Thats good progress :) you're still in my prayer man.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder how much I should sell my Ghost Edition for on ebay. never list anything on there before.

jblank83

True.

Go to any political story and you can see Repulitrolls trolling every news story. Go to a food news story and you can see fights between medium rare steak purists and people who like their steak well done. You can see vicious fights between those who like New York style pizza and Chicago pizza and anyone who dares say they even enjoyed a pizza one time in California. Don't even step into a thread about Israel unless you have a trollproof suit at least 10 inches thick.

It's the way of the internet.

I guess it's possible to get foil cards with idlemaster too.

From my 69 games (teeheehee) idled with IdleMaster, I received 2 foils: Orc Drummer (Divinity Original Sin) and Agatha Archer (Chivalry).

Pachimari

I can finally start up playing some Steam games again. Gonna start off with Dishonored today, but will probably jump between games, like Ass Creed 1 and Sleeping Dogs. I also want to finish Gone Home, while I just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and MGS V: Ground Zeroes for PS4 as well.

AND, is gonna get that white Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive, Halo: Master Chief Collection and other games when time is due.

Phew, I love gaming.

AND, is gonna get that white Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive, Halo: Master Chief Collection and other games when time is due.

Or just wait for the inevitable PC port when those games don't sell well enough on the Xbox One. (Much like Dead Rising 3, Ryse, etc.)

EDIT: Hey! I'm a member now! Woo!

Kiru

I can finally start up playing some Steam games again. Gonna start off with Dishonored today, but will probably jump between games, like Ass Creed 1 and Sleeping Dogs. I also want to finish Gone Home, while I just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and MGS V: Ground Zeroes for PS4 as well.

Phew, I love gaming.

You seem to have a lot of money when I combine this post here with some other stuff you wrote in the past. :p

EDIT: Hey! I'm a member now! Woo!
Congrats duderino! :D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of salazar547, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cloudbuilt -- MB-D79AAB438C2912E0 - Taken by ViviOggi. 36 entrants total.

t1407695998z1.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I have negative interest in general films or TV shows or music sold through Steam (because I don't think Valve has the staff bandwidth to improve their software support enough to make them a competitor for any existing stuff). I mean, stuff like Indie Game The Movie is kind of neat and I don't begrudge experimentation, but I really don't see value in more expansive competition in those spaces. Again, personally.

Even their software section is pretty pitiful in general and shows they don't have the capacity to focus on stuff beyond games, IMHO.

Genuine question, what big services do folks tend to use for buying/renting digitally tv series and films ? Obviously Netflix but what about others ? Itunes ? Google Play ?

I think the US have it much better than the rest of the world does in terms of digital services for films and tv series. I'm in the UK and we don't get HBO Go, we don't get Hula Plus (or at least one as good as the US) and we don't get a lot of other services that are available in the US. You do have services like Sky/Now TV and IPlayer but I can't think of many others to hand. (i could just not know some of the other better/bigger ones)

As someone who's going more and more towards digital I could see Steam being a decent place eventually for films/tv series IF Valve supported it and actually employed a lot more people to handle customer service.

jblank83

Speaking of Divinity, its badges and backgrounds are ugly for such a beautiful game.

The cards aren't pretty either. Haven't bothered to craft anything so I haven't seen the rest. Just been happy playing it.

Genuine question, what big services do folks tend to use for buying/renting digitally tv series and films ? Obviously Netflix but what about others ? Itunes ? Google Play ?

Pira... Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom