• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting an issue in my idlemaster that says it has collected all of the cards for battleblock theater, but only got 2 of 9. It moved onto the next game.

What's the problem?

Momentary

Banned
I was expecting a serious sci-fi, story-heavy game. By following a couple links found myself somehow at mangamer's adult section (which is the bulk of their offerings).
Woah, all kinds of fantasies. They have them all. NFSW!

The titles read like satire. Not gonna link for reasons but here a quick selection:
Boob Wars: Big Breasts vs Flat Chests
Sandwiched by my wife and her sister
Suck my dick or die!
My sex slave is a classmate
Milles, Knight of Anal Tyranny
Cum on! Bukkake Ranch!
EROGE! Sex and Games Make Sexy Games
< so lazy, yet so apt

Where are the stores for non-hentai, good jVNs?

Well, this game doesn't seem like it's going to be that sort of thing. I hope. If theirs enough content to make an all ages version for it, surely sex wasn't the main focus of Chou Dengeki Stryker.

Also there's a PC version of The Stranger of the Village of Sword on the way. I don't know if it will ever come to Steam though. Looks amazing. It's not a VN, but more of a Grimrock/Might and Magic game.

Wok

I'm getting an issue in my idlemaster that says it has collected all of the cards for battleblock theater, but only got 2 of 9. It moved onto the next game.

What's the problem?

It is not a bug. It is intended by Valve so that you trade or buy the remaining from the market.

Momentary

Banned

What's the problem?

It also means that you could have multiple copies of 2 cards. So it will only show up as 2 out of 9.

Mono

does it cost money for a dev to add trading cards to their game ?

I'm wondering why some old games have trading cards and some don't.
If I were a dev I would definitely add cards to my game if I could.

For tiny indie teams, the art costs to make them probably isn't worth it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bur7ZXAIYAAOIkt.png:large

hmmmm!

Being able to buy/rent Saoirse's films on Steam would be, like, the best.

a little giveaway of a game i beat yesterday :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cloudbuilt -- MB-D79AAB438C2912E0 - Taken by ViviOggi. 36 entrants total.

t1407695998z1.png

bakeray

Anyone else check out the Rise of Incarnates beta? Tried one warmup match after skipping the tutorial and got stomped.. guess I need to actually look at the controls. lol

Volimar

Anyone else check out the Rise of Incarnates beta? Tried one warmup match after skipping the tutorial and got stomped.. guess I need to actually look at the controls. lol

What is it exactly? I read the webcomics and saw one video. Is it 2v2 multiplayer? Coop story mode? It seemed to push the partnership angle pretty hard.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Personally, I have negative interest in general films or TV shows or music sold through Steam (because I don't think Valve has the staff bandwidth to improve their software support enough to make them a competitor for any existing stuff). I mean, stuff like Indie Game The Movie is kind of neat and I don't begrudge experimentation, but I really don't see value in more expansive competition in those spaces. Again, personally.

Even their software section is pretty pitiful in general and shows they don't have the capacity to focus on stuff beyond games, IMHO.

Jawmuncher

What is it exactly? I read the webcomics and saw one video. Is it 2v2 multiplayer? Coop story mode? It seemed to push the partnership angle pretty hard.

The closest comparison is Anarchy Reigns.
From the beta it's mainly a 2v2 versus game though there is free for all. Its small arenas where players just beat each other up. I wasn't feeling the controls though just felt odd to me.

Beelzebubs

Personally, I have negative interest in general films or TV shows or music sold through Steam (because I don't think Valve has the staff bandwidth to improve their software support enough to make them a competitor for any existing stuff). I mean, stuff like Indie Game The Movie is kind of neat and I don't begrudge experimentation, but I really don't see value in more expansive competition in those spaces. Again, personally.

Even their software section is pretty pitiful in general and shows they don't have the capacity to focus on stuff beyond games, IMHO.

I'd be happy if they added a Netflix app into the software section of Steam.

Volimar

Thanks!

That's a really good point. Unless they farm that out or really beef up their staff it feels like it could be a real clusterfuck.

With the music player in the beta now, it seems Valve goes for the jack-of-all-trades approach in the future?

Don't know how it'll work out. Game pubs seem to have understood faster to accept and change conceptions of static prices versus constant rabatts.
Can't judge honestly how and to what extent the "dinosaurs" of movie studios will be willing to accept the nature of Steam with its weekly/daily/summer/winter etc. sales. With Netflix etc. having similarities, definitely possible.
If they'd give it a try to adapt, this could become huge. Having wanting to have access to movie/music library on the TV/on the go would lead to Steam movie apps across many devices I think?
The thought of a summer blockbuster sale on Steam though. Sounds fitting. Would align with Valves approach to get into the living room, too.

Where are the games though Valve, ha.

JaseC

Yeah, I don't think Valve's "build it and they will come" approach would work with TV and film distribution -- there'd need to be a concerted effort to convince studios to offer content for it to take off in any meaningful manner.

And Saoirse will officially become non-OT material.

Haha, assuming purchasing options were available I'd be torn between increasing my movie count and keeping my film library "pure". ;)

How'd you like the game? Always thought the graphics looked pretty neat, it's cel shaded correct?

yep cel shaded , the game is a mix between mirrors edge , sonic and megaman , good stages that require precision in your jumps and jetpack usage , there is a story but to be honest i skipped it cos i didnt care :v

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-BEB78F9F565B08F4 - Taken by Bboy AJ. 86 entrants total.

t1407698038z1.png

fallout

It might be a bit of a psychological "this is where my stuff belongs" perspective, but I feel like Steam is really awkward as a software, music and movie platform. I just consume and use those types of media so very differently than games.

Hugstable

Banned
I feel weird. I'm gradually losing interest in Destiny. I'm not even sure if I wanna pick up the game let alone the CE now.

Too many Steam game, too little time? Has there been any more news about the game since the beta I really don't keep up with it? I'm still probably gonna pick it up since the beta was pretty fun, but I won't be playing it all hardcore. Mostly gonna play for the PvP stuff.

Shadownet

Banned
Too many Steam game, too little time? Has there been any more news about the game since the beta I really don't keep up with it? I'm still probably gonna pick it up since the beta was pretty fun, but I won't be playing it all hardcore. Mostly gonna play for the PvP stuff.

I'm not sure. I haven't visited the Destiny thread since the beta. Honestly yes, I love steam that much that Destiny just doesn't look as appealing to me anymore when I can be playing 100 other games.

I'm the opposite though, if I do pick it up it would just be for the adventuring.

JaseC

You can get booster-packs from games you haven't a badge for right?

The only requirement is that you need to have used up all your drops for a given title.

Edit: I misread "can" as "can't", haha, but it answers your question anyway. Also, b10.

Deitus

I feel weird. I'm gradually losing interest in Destiny. I'm not even sure if I wanna pick up the game let alone the CE now.

I still want to play it, and I would buy it day one if it came to PC. But it only being on consoles complicates things. It seems like the kind of game that I don't want to play on a last gen console, but even if I were to buy a PS4 for it I would be playing alone since none of my friends have one. My brother is apparently buying an Xbox One for the game and is trying to convince me to do the same, but I just have no interest in that platform.

So I think I'll just wait for the inevitable PC announcement, or when I eventually pick up a PS4, whichever comes first.

RS4-

All it took was an hour or two with the game to make me lose interest. The FOV is garbage, the MP is lol.

And the fetch quest or whatever that end in a boss fight inside a room.

Ehh.

Is the game count on the community profile page messed up for everyone? I thought I was buying game 200, but the client's showing me at 196.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm not sure. I haven't visited the Destiny thread since the beta. Honestly yes, I love steam that much that Destiny just doesn't look as appealing to me anymore when I can be playing 100 other games.

I'm the opposite though, if I do pick it up it would just be for the adventuring.

Yeah same I got a ton of games I'm playing on Steam still at this point. Playing CS:GO, FFXIV, Killer is Dead. Plus I got like 18 games still on my favorites backlog for Steam o_O

JaseC

Is the game count on the community profile page messed up for everyone? I thought I was buying game 200, but the client's showing me at 196.

The Steam Community figure is accurate. The discrepancy could be due to one or more of:

- Software (Steam Community counts pieces of software as games, but they have their own library category)
- F2P games with Free on Demand subs that you've uninstalled
- Mac versions of the GTA/Civilization IV games

MNC

Woah hold the phone!

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - On Steam and the one I had (I think?)
Ultra Street Fighter IV - The latest and with all the characters that's coming out, if I'm not mistaken.

So... Why do I now have Ultra Street Fighter IV? This is pretty sweet.

JaseC

Woah hold the phone!

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Ultra Street Fighter IV - The latest and with all the characters that's coming out, if I'm not mistaken.

Capcom changed the name of the SSFIV:AE app. You don't actually have the Ultra content unless you buy the upgrade DLC.

mannerbot

Woah hold the phone!

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV

You don't. Capcom just renamed AE to Ultra for everyone. You still have to buy the Ultra upgrade DLC if you want Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom