• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I like Giant Bomb's higher frequency of Quick Looks since hiring those new guys and their stronger focus on PC indies. Case in point Blackbay Asylum and Mount Your Friends.

Steam is up and running again.

I wish, almost done with Stacking but its achievements don't register when offline afaik. So I wait.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
best. drop. ever

jNtjopwq9yw66.png

Miker

Provided that Steam is up by then, of course. But if you're interested in playing some DOTA2 tonight, let me know on the Games Night thread or via PM.

How many people are playing, and how good are they? I have about 25 hours in Dota 2, but I'm still godawful. I might consider playing if I have the time, but if I'll be dragging people down, I'll just play something else.

Teppic

Damn, I got a straight flush for a gala giveaway, but still didn't win. I give up on it now. Steamgifts has also been a big waste of time.

Playfire wont register any of my rewards either, and support hasn't been able to do anything about for days now. Another waste of time.

I'm kinda wondering if I should go for the 50% on Metro 2033 Redux. I own the original but I remember it being a bit unoptimized and never got that far.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
so now I use "mostvalue" for idle master.

most value was.... FULL BORE

Uzzy

How many people are playing, and how good are they? I have about 25 hours in Dota 2, but I'm still godawful. I might consider playing if I have the time, but if I'll be dragging people down, I'll just play something else.

You're the first to say you're interested, and most of the people who've played before are pretty much beginners.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase do you ever sleep?

Haha, I made the mistake of sleeping when I got home yesterday morning, so here I am at 5:50am. At the moment I'm impatiently waiting for 11am because I haven't eaten anything in about a day-and-a-half and am craving pizza something fierce.

derExperte

Shit I'm super curious now, but reading that link name I think I'll see an image of a peacock sized spider, and I guess my aracnophobia wouldn't be all that happy about it.

If this cute, friendly and colorful spiderbro doesn't cure you, nothing will.

Copons

If this cute, friendly and colorful spiderbro doesn't cure you, nothing will.

The only friendly spider is a spider I can't see nor I know is around me somewhere lurking in the dark keeping me awake at night or forcing me to run outside the room hoping my cat's predatory instinct will finally kick in.

Ozium

Far Cry 2 is one of the most boring games Ive ever played. Ive tried multiple times to play it.

Yep.. I didn't even mind the guns jamming, was realistic.. getting sick with malaria every hour was not and the respawning enemies made the game a chore to play. shame they went the exact opposite route in Far Cry 3 and made it piss easy.

For tiny indie teams, the art costs to make them probably isn't worth it.

re-use assets. problem solved.

Personally, I have negative interest in general films or TV shows or music sold through Steam (because I don't think Valve has the staff bandwidth to improve their software support enough to make them a competitor for any existing stuff). I mean, stuff like Indie Game The Movie is kind of neat and I don't begrudge experimentation, but I really don't see value in more expansive competition in those spaces. Again, personally.

Even their software section is pretty pitiful in general and shows they don't have the capacity to focus on stuff beyond games, IMHO.

I think it's ridiculous that Valve expects me to buy a movie for 9,99 when I can get a game like FTL for the same price that has infinite entertainment value,.

This "how to sell my Xbox One" thread is ridiculous. Perfectly sums up what a cesspool this site can be. I think I'm fine sticking my guts exclusively to the Steam thread

Funny thing is that I'm pro-Sony myself and I am irritated by the fanboyism and excessive console wars that happen in such threads. Can't fault people like Cliffy B that shit on GAF, they're actually right

woah there... let's not get carried away

Daily xx% off
Humble Daily Guns of Icarus Online 75% off

xx looks awesome

all it needs is Vegemite and it will be perfect.

Just check http://csgolounge.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see matches you can bet on. I strongly advise people don't bet though unless they know what they are doing.

Currently got an AK-47 Redline riding on Dignitas beating Epsilon. I'll get a $2.72 skin if Dignitas win.

Confused: Aren't AK redlines about $10 on the market? And you wager that for a chance to win a $2.72 skin?

Steam's down. Time to panic in this thread about it.

I've lost count of how often I've set aside time to play games and found Steam down without explanation.

The reason the thread has moved so slow the last few days was because Steam was never down.. :p

Jase do you ever sleep?

No rest for the weary.

------------------------------------

so if you download Defiance for free it comes with trading cards that you can idle... true story.

also Another Perspective I got my key from Lazy Guys but still waiting on Groupees... Groupees lazier confirmed?

also modbot hates me and I am declaring war.

SUP

diablogod

Another little giveaway
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reversion - The Meeting -- MB-68FFDE9E6F59D649 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-E89DA72570032408 - Taken by adriano999. 4 entrants total.
Suguri Collection #1 -- MB-EA9BF4FD93179695 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
Suguri Collection #2 -- MB-32DB8374C0894F34 - Taken by Scipius. 3 entrants total.
Diehard Dungeon -- MB-7DBDB68E69E465A9 - Taken by taco543. 4 entrants total.
Satazius #1 -- MB-DF8889D41EC34329 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Satazius #2 -- MB-C941A049DEFA2010 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Satazius #3 -- MB-817C0279B5A4C4F0 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-D05FE550984CD3A1 - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.
Aztaka -- MB-1B4911E7EA4B794A - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.

t1407710639z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
USF4's badges are really lazy. Well, I wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't just named "USF4 Badge Level 1" and so on. I don't even know what the foil badge looks like.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
My PC just blue screened while playing Saints Row 4. :/ It seems to be the same problem that made me blue screen when playing CSGO a few weeks ago, but this time another driver is highlighted in BlueScreenView. I'm not sure what to do. :(

Comparison:

Last month's BSOD
nfGaNv8.png

Today's BSOD
1M2hRhs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom