• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
YOOO, it's like D&D but for American football fans! That sounds too complicated to get into and I'm not interested in sports too much outside of UFC, but thanks! Have fun!!

Yeah if you're not into American Football :p it's really hard to enjoy it properly. I'm sure if there was Korean Fantasy Soccer, JaseC would be all over that.

tumblr_m7pb3up8SR1qdlh1io1_400.gif

That's like the handshake version of a cockblock.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-BEB78F9F565B08F4 - Taken by Bboy AJ. 86 entrants total.

t1407698038z1.png
Ohhhhhhhh man! Thanks!!!! I might stop playing my new Wii U for a bit! Because it's anonymous, I won't call you out by name. But thanks!

Jawmuncher

Played some State of Decay.
Not sure how I feel about it. I like some of the ideas but there's so many zombie games I don't see it being worth my time.

thank you thank you far too kind

Haha, wow. I've considered hiding AssCreed Unity to see if it makes the wait a little easier. ;) The recent Game Informer video caused my anticipation to shoot through the roof. If Ubi announces -- to the surprise of nobody -- a delay for the PC version, I'll be gutted.

Yeah, I kinda went crazy with the feature. I will probably unhide a few of them eventually.

As for ACU, the GI video had the same effect on me. Although I'm not a huge fan of the series like you are (iirc), I like that they're looking at the first AC for inspiration. I still have to finish ACIII and get to Liberation HD, Black Flag and Freedom Cry though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As for ACU, the GI video had the same effect on me. Although I'm not a huge fan of the series like you are (iirc), I like that they're looking at the first AC for inspiration. I still have to finish ACIII and get to Liberation HD, Black Flag and Freedom Cry though.

If 3 isn't doing anything for you, then I'd just skip LibHD. Ubi did a good job of sprucing up the game, but it's worse than 3 in every way, which isn't all that shocking considering its beginnings as a handheld title. I'd planned on finishing it prior to the release of Unity, but the motivation just isn't there.

Shadownet

Banned
[OT]

It's growing :D

If you wanna play Fantasy Football with some Steamgafers, join us here. PM me for the password :) We need at least 6 people, max 12. It's easy to learn how to, I can teach you everything you need to know.

Edit: We have 6 now since Shalashaska just joined!

Dr Dogg

4 more cards and I can finally have my PC back! Only taken nigh on 9 days.

Though did reinstall my Uplay copy of Black Flag so not been completely out of the game. Though these fecking Social chests are doing my nut in, I only need 1 more but the bugger will just not show up. I'm finding whales and convoys galore but not a chest in sight. Also I read some of your harsh words about Black Flag ;_;

Papo & Yo is an interesting game, after reading what it's about I was compelled to try it, it's always interesting to see the creator of a game use it as a metaphor for his own personal experiences.
The way you manipulate the environments is pretty cool imo but of course the main draw is your interaction with the creature which gains a whole new meaning when you know what it represents.

This interview explains the game's concept in case you don't know:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/12/3493250/therapy-alcohol-and-chickens-the-story-behind-psns-papo-yo

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Though did reinstall my Uplay copy of Black Flag so not been completely out of the game. Though these fecking Social chests are doing my nut in, I only need 1 more but the bugger will just not show up. I'm finding whales and convoys galore but not a chest in sight. Also I read some of your harsh words about Black Flag ;_;

I feel your pain man. I've dove back into Diablo III this weekend since I can play it while Idle Master is running and doing it's thing. I still have 598 card drops remaining, so I have a ways to go yet.

JaseC

This GameFAQs thread helped me a ton with the social collectables. The problem is that they appear at random times and there are various instances of the game world you can connect to -- you can force a switch by quitting the SP, connecting to the MP, and then restarting the SP, but it's a rather convoluted process for something that lacks any guarantees. The last social collectable I had to find was a whale; I eventually snagged it by cycling through the same list of about a dozen coordinates until it showed up.

If 3 isn't doing anything for you, then I'd just skip LibHD. Ubi did a good job of sprucing up the game, but it's worse than 3 in every way, which isn't all that shocking considering its beginnings as a handheld title. I'd planned on finishing it prior to the release of Unity, but the motivation just isn't there.

I'll skip it then. I don't think ACIII is terrible but I think I'd rather just move on to Black Flag and play a pirate game.

Dr Dogg

I feel your pain man. I've dove back into Diablo III this weekend since I can play it while Idle Master is running and doing it's thing. I still have 598 card drops remaining, so I have a ways to go yet.

Hahaha well my 50+ hours of vanilla Diablo III I think is time served for me for a while, still haven't played my of Reaper of Souls yet deus to getting an RSI.

I did have Idle Master running on an old laptop while my main PC had Steam in offline mode but seeing how knackered that laptop is it shut down after about an hour due to it flaking out in the semi heat wave were having here. And now that I'm almost done there a Mac version which would have been really handy hahaha.

Ah well can't complain as now that it's almost done I'm just going to schedule a task for once a week on a Sunday evening to run Idle Master and I should be in top of things form now on. Well in theory, in practice is a different matter.

This GameFAQs thread helped me a ton with the social collectables. The problem is that they appear at random times and there are various instances of the game world you can connect to -- you can force a switch by quitting the SP, connecting to the MP, and then restarting the SP, but it's a rather convoluted process for something that lacks any guarantees. The last social collectable I had to find was a whale; I eventually snagged it by cycling through the same list of about a dozen coordinates until it showed up.

Cheers, I'll give it a look. I've had about 4 or 5 laps around the Caribbean and it's driving me nuts. Though my geography (well in the Ubi-verse) has greatly improved.

Not to get too off topic but I had an AC question Jase, I've been wanting to get Black Flag, I've played all the main line AC games other than it but I also have a PS4. Should I go with the PC version or PS4? I've read the PC performance thread for Black Flag and it scares me O_O

JaseC

Not to get too off topic but I had an AC question Jase, I've been wanting to get Black Flag, I've played all the main line AC games other than it but I also have a PS4. Should I go with the PC version or PS4? I've read the PC performance thread for Black Flag and it scares me O_O

If you have anything less than an overclocked 2500K and an overclocked 670/AMD equivalent, then I'd go with the PS4 version. I feel that Black Flag fares better than 3 in the optimisation department, but the PhysX patch also introduced ApeX-based cloth physics, which unlike the former cannot be disabled.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hahaha well my 50+ hours of vanilla Diablo III I think is time served for me for a while, still haven't played my of Reaper of Souls yet deus to getting an RSI.

I did have Idle Master running on an old laptop while my main PC had Steam in offline mode but seeing how knackered that laptop is it shut down after about an hour due to it flaking out in the semi heat wave were having here. And now that I'm almost done there a Mac version which would have been really handy hahaha.

Ah well can't complain as now that it's almost done I'm just going to schedule a task for once a week on a Sunday evening to run Idle Master and I should be in top of things form now on. Well in theory, in practice is a different matter.

I'm also working on an update that will automatically let Idle Master check for new games between idling. There will be an option for "continuous mode" which will let you run Idle Master and when it's finished processing all of your games, it will keep running and check every hour or two for new games with cards. That way, you can leave it running all the time if you'd like, and as soon as a game you own gets cards or you purchase a new game, it'll idle them automatically.

Dr Dogg

I'm also working on an update that will automatically let Idle Master check for new games between idling. There will be an option for "continuous mode" which will let you run Idle Master and when it's finished processing all of your games, it will keep running and check every hour or two for new games with cards. That way, you can leave it running all the time if you'd like, and as soon as a game you own gets cards or you purchase a new game, it'll idle them automatically.

Nice, Idle Master Fire and Forget Edition. I haven't tried any of the newer versions past 0.4 but is there anyway to mace it minimised to the tray? I've had it switch focus a collie of times when it's finished with on title and then moved on to the next. Though I'm sure you have a laundry list of improvements on the cards anyway.

Is Shadowplay legit?

As in Nvidia's ShadowPlay? Going from strength to strength in my experience. Can be a pain in certain games with SLI but other than that the performance hit for hardware encoding and recording is next to nothing.

abracadaver

Lunar Flight:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lunar Flight -- MB-5FA98A10238E298B - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.

t1407703078z1.png

This game has Oculus Rift support !

Nete

s-w-a-t-o.gif

If you don't have any idea of what this game is about, check the impressions I wrote this morning. Remember is still in early access, but it already has tons of fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Door Kickers -- MB-53E6C8ADA6447F35 - Taken by Strazyplus. 32 entrants total.

t1407712798z1.png

JaseC

Is Shadowplay legit?

It works well in my experience. Someone jokingly said that I should upload a webm of my library in Grid View, so in the absence of anything else to do I used it as an excuse to play around with ShadowPlay to record my desktop (I didn't actually upload the file anywhere).

It works well in my experience. Someone jokingly said that I should upload a webm of my library in Grid View, so in the absence of anything else to do I used it as an excuse to play around with ShadowPlay to record my desktop (I didn't actually upload the file anywhere).

Just make a youtube of it. A slow scroll down, set to Moonlight Sonata. It would be oddly soothing, I think.

Shito

Was about to play a bit of Ultra...
Half the time I want to play something online, Steam is down: it's starting to get a bit too often, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom