• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep beat it in 2 sittings. Only one part I never actually figured out myself. and it was really close to the end.

Was it the wall on the last stage prior to the final battle? If so, the message is clear, you literally have to cheat by piling up stuff and clip through the wall, heh. ;) That final stage is so mean but, ironically, the swimming stage was the one that made me pull my hair!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, since I'm only backing Pillars of Eternity for the beta and it's impossible to just buy the beta itself, would anybody here like to buy my final release key for $20 (equal to the early bird Kickstarter tier)? I'd prefer to pay less in the here and now.

Edit: Sorted.

Been sick like a dog for the last few days and decided I wanted to play point and click games on a tablet without waiting for iOS versions because I didn't feel like getting out of bed.

Bought a windows tablet. I'm fully embracing the steam-on-a-tablet future. Gonna finally play through Gemini Rue as soon as it arrives.

Also, the few hours I've put into crysis 3 have left me impressed. The confrontations are a lot more open than they were in C2 and it looks stunning. Too bad this weird upgrade slot system is just bizarre.

So, I started playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. This was the highlight of that session:

TduQg30.jpg

I wasn't digging the gameplay, so I uninstalled it. Sorry, Lords of Shadow GAF.

FloatOn

Been sick like a dog for the last few days and decided I wanted to play point and click games on a tablet without waiting for iOS versions because I didn't feel like getting out of bed.

Bought a windows tablet. I'm fully embracing the steam-on-a-tablet future. Gonna finally play through Gemini Rue as soon as it arrives.

Also, the few hours I've put into crysis 3 have left me impressed. The confrontations are a lot more open than they were in C2 and it looks stunning. Too bad this weird upgrade slot system is just bizarre.

DUDE!

I've been seeing extremely promising things about streaming to windows tablets lately. I was thinking of picking up a Venue Pro 8 pretty soon if it's as playable as it seems to be. I've seen videos of people playing Skyrim and Metro Last Light and it seems kind of mindblowing that such a thing is possible.

Please post impressions of how that all works out. Which games work best and all that.

Jawmuncher

Was it the wall on the last stage prior to the final battle? If so, the message is clear, you literally have to cheat by piling up stuff and clip through the wall, heh. ;) That final stage is so mean but, ironically, the swimming stage was the one that made me pull my hair!

I don't know which level but it was a similar idea.
you had to jump on a ghost to get above the wall.funny enough I didn't have much issue with the water level.

That's odd. Enhanced Steam is saying I have a coupon for Richard & Alice, but I don't see it in my inventory. Are the weekly deals like stealth coupons? Interestingly, it says the price will be $0.69, but when I add to cart it only shows the normal 66% off price of $2.03.

Altazor

So, since I'm only backing Pillars of Eternity for the beta and it's impossible to just buy the beta itself, would anybody here like to buy my final release key for $20 (equal to the early bird Kickstarter tier)? I'd prefer to pay less in the here and now.

I'd gladly take that from you (?) but I've gotta put some money into PayPal first :p Any hurry?

Aaron D.

One of the better bundles lately, great value for anyone who is remotely interested in the genre. I bought most of them day 1 and will continue doing so (got most of my money back thanks to high card prices).

Having already owned Siren's Call, I was able to fill out 3 of the 5 titles on offer strictly off of the $1 tier.

I looked at the trailer for Ravenwood and the production values looked pretty sharp. Now I'm wondering if it's worth it to dump another $5 into the pot for Ravenwood & Serpent Creek.

Thoughts?

Jawmuncher

I was so glad that you can ditch the male character for two female characters in Divinity Original Sin. I hate male characters who aren't sexy.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jet Gunner -- MB-079F8C34AB22A14A - Taken by drizzle. 7 entrants total.
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-A840476B8788BBA8 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

t1407789061z1.png

DUDE!

I've been seeing extremely promising things about streaming to windows tablets lately. I was thinking of picking up a Venue Pro 8 pretty soon if it's as playable as it seems to be. I've seen videos of people playing Skyrim and Metro Last Light and it seems kind of mindblowing that such a thing is possible.

Please post impressions of how that all works out. Which games work best and all that.
Well, I'm actually looking forward to playing games natively on the pad more than streaming. I've been reading up on pc games with touch modes and there are some interesting games with touch modes, like civ 5 and broken age. I'm really looking forward to trying out some point and click games that have no native controller support, too, because i imagine that touch will really shine in those games.

Regardless, the tablet comes with a keyboard essentially making it a netbook as well, so it'll be nice to have around whenever I need to handle some pc stuff on the go. I look forward to posting impressions soon enough!

Lomax

It sucks how SR4 doesn't have all the clothes from SR3 in it, especially since it's the same engine. :/ I can't play as Aquaman anymore. D:

Yeah, the customization has decreased with each version, which has been pretty disappointing. That and overall length were my only real complaints about SR4.

derExperte

Having already owned Siren's Call, I was able to fill out 3 of the 5 titles on offer strictly off of the $1 tier.

I looked at the trailer for Ravenwood and the production values looked pretty sharp. Now I'm wondering if it's worth it to dump another $5 into the pot for Ravenwood & Serpent Creek.

Thoughts?

They're not quite as good as Siren's Call but 2.50 per game isn't too bad and I don't think card prices will completely collapse.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Home for a while during my move. Going through storage bins, found about 85 old console games to sell. And even the stuff I'm not selling, I have a sneaking suspicion it'll never actually get removed from storage, just left to rot. I'm down to just over 500 retail games compared to about 1700 digital games (excluding mobile). It's the fewest retail games I've had since like 2005-2006.

The storage container full of CDs seems a little quaint at this point too.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
New Flying Bundle
  • CubeGun
  • Guns and Robots - Starter Pack
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Jet Gunner
  • War in a Box: Paper Tanks
Extras (Music):
Carlmundo
Flexstyle

Jet Gunner seems really nice, but everything seems like garbage. Jesus.

Home for a while during my move. Going through storage bins, found about 85 old console games to sell. And even the stuff I'm not selling, I have a sneaking suspicion it'll never actually get removed from storage, just left to rot. I'm down to just over 500 retail games compared to about 1700 digital games (excluding mobile). It's the fewest retail games I've had since like 2005-2006.

The storage container full of CDs seems a little quaint at this point too.

You wouldn't happen to have a Backlit Gameboy SP laying around (AGS-101) that you would sell me for cheap, because shipping to Brazil is so expensive, would you? :D

Hm, now that I'm done with The Darkness 2 (very fun game btw) I need something else to play alongside Tits, it's nice to have a completely different game to shake things up when going through something really long so I'm not playing the same thing for several weeks in a row.
Going through some games I've won thanks to the kindness of some fellow gaffers and I'm looking at Inversion and The Bureau. I'm curious to try both but The Bureau really has me intrigued. Decisions...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The pledge period doesn't end until the 22nd, so you have plenty of time. Shoot me a PM once you're ready.

I would take you up on the offer but it seems that someone else beat me to it

Why aren't you keeping your kickstarter key? Are you planning to pick it up for a cheaper Russian price once it hits Steam or for some potential steam exclusive preorder goodies?

derExperte

Hm, now that I'm done with The Darkness 2 (very fun game btw) I need something else to play alongside Tits, it's nice to have a completely different game to shake things up when going through something really long so I'm not playing the same thing for several weeks in a row.
Going through some games I've won thanks to the kindness of some fellow gaffers and I'm looking at Inversion and The Bureau. I'm curious to try both but The Bureau really has me intrigued. Decisions...

Inversion has a few must-play action setpieces later on.

My earlier impressions:

Why isn't Inversion a bigger thing on GAF while everyone loves (for example) Binary Domain? Sure, the beginning isn't all that great but the game gets craaaaazyyyy. Not going to spoil anything but the last third is just one amazing sequence after another. And damn are some of the weapons brutal, everyone's screaming and losing limbs around me. Glad I finally picked it up. Only problem is that it crashes to desktop from time to time.

Another minor nitpick: While the difficulty on normal is relatively low two or three fights towards the end were a little too difficult imo.

JaseC

I would take you up on the offer but it seems that someone else beat me to it

Why aren't you keeping your kickstarter key? Are you planning to pick it up for a cheaper Russian price once it hits Steam or for some potential steam exclusive preorder goodies?

There's a question mark over whether or not there'll be a Steam DDE, so I'd rather not opt for the DDE tier just in case I'd be wasting my money (the goodies are useless to me if they're not going to be delivered via Steam). There's also a question mark over whether or not the game will be region-free/notably cheaper in Eastern Europe (e.g. Wasteland 2 is activation-locked), but that's a concern for Future Jase.

this game looks so good

I was so happy when they announced the PC version, would've been a shame if it had stayed console only. The screen-tearing was really bad and the IQ didn't do the artstyle justice.

My earlier impressions:

I remember seeing some really cool stuff in trailers and then being surprised by the really low review scores. Game seems to be pretty short, maybe I'll give it a shot first, thanks for the impressions.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

My earlier impressions:

I enjoyed Inversion in coop and had a good time with it on the 360. It's the perfect B game, absolutely worth it for under £5 and a nice time waster with a friend. Coop was really solid online too. Not sure how solid the PC version is in that regard.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There's a question mark over whether or not there'll be a Steam DDE, so I'd rather not opt for the DDE tier just in case I'd be wasting my money (the goodies are useless to me if they're not going to be delivered via Steam). There's also a question mark over whether or not the game will be region-free/notably cheaper in Eastern Europe (e.g. Wasteland 2 is activation-locked), but that's a concern for Future Jase.

Yeah, I doubt it will be region locked as Paradox is the publisher, but even if it is cheaper in Eastern Europe you'd probably be saving 3 keys at most, so maybe it would be smart to back it now for $20

Edit: Well, damn. It seems that the $20 tier is not available anymore. Will have to think about going for $25

JaseC

Yeah, I doubt it will be region locked as Paradox is the publisher, but even if it is cheaper in Eastern Europe you'd probably be saving 3 keys at most, so maybe it would be smart to back it now for $20

Edit: Well, damn. It seems that the $20 tier is not available anymore. Will have to think about going for $25

Yeah, the cheapest you can back the game now is $35. I'd actually backed the Kickstarter during its funding period way back when, but I forgot all about it until the eleventh hour and consequently overspent on Steam the week my card was due to my charged, haha. In a way I'm righting a wrong by essentially pledging to buy the game twice. ;)

Oh yay, this bit of Deus Ex: HR.
TYM mission, Zhao sounds the alarm and now I've got 15 twats trying to kill me. Need to determine my stealth approach to this, thinking a gas grenade lobbed from the vent might work. Always found this bit rather tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom