• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

SpyParty will be beautiful. I look forward to its release on Steam, maybe next year. I think it was the initial release plan.

It sucks how SR4 doesn't have all the clothes from SR3 in it, especially since it's the same engine. :/ I can't play as Aquaman anymore. D:

Yet I think you could import your SR3 characters if previously uploaded to their website, although when I tried it I could not log in my account neither on THQ nor Saints Row websites :(

Lain

Today I finally managed to get a full green page with the Japanese Indie Festival after grabbing the last wishlist games I was missing.

Naab.jpg

I can't wait for the day Steam will be all green all the time, without black or blue. Still a long way to go, though.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yet I think you could import your SR3 characters if previously uploaded to their website, although when I tried it I could not log in my account neither on THQ nor Saints Row websites :(

Their website has been broken for months, and googling it tells me that it just doesn't load the textures for clothes that aren't in the game. :/

Mono

I think all Saints Row accounts are completely broken due to them revamping their forum. I made an account a couple of times, but it completely disappeared whenever I log out. Hopefully your account is still there! :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-0EAEFC09ABFEE781 - Taken by AlphaProspector

MTE

It's Tuesday! Must be time for Bundles.
I bit on Humble and IndieGala lowest tiers. All the praise for the Humble Bundle games got me interested, not my ideal genre, but definitely worth $1 to see the best example.

Nabs

I'm surprised that my old TF2 crates were actually worth more than a nickle. I got rid of one for $1.50 and about 5 of them for .50. The extra change will come in handy.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Perfectly sums up my thoughts about the game although I wouldn't rate it that high.

I also had to use a FAQ for many of the assassinations. I would certainly have enjoyed it more if I figured stuff on my own but pixel hunting in a huge mansion would just waste my time. It's a shame that they didn't offer multiple ways to kill your targets. It would have been an entirely different game if that was an option

Kiru

Finally finished Tomb Raider I. I have no idea what that story was about, but I'm looking forward to replay it in Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Perfectly sums up my thoughts about the game although I wouldn't rate it that high.

I also had to use a FAQ for many of the assassinations. I would certainly have enjoyed it more if I figured stuff on my own but pixel hunting in a huge mansion would just waste my time. It's a shame that they didn't offer multiple ways to kill your targets. It would have been an entirely different game if that was an option

Hopefully Lucius 2, that just got announced recently, improves on some of the problems of the first.

Uzzy

Finally finished Tomb Raider I. I have no idea what that story was about, but I'm looking forward to replay it in Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Sexy British aristocrat travels the world, putting several species on the endangered list and stealing ancient cultural artefacts.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Jet Gunner -- MB-CEE4724837FC72F0 - Taken by jres80
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-A8E44747467BE785 - Taken by bluechox2

MTE

I recently did the same, though discovered I don't own Anniversary, even though I own literally every other Tomb Raider game...

The game holds up surprisingly well, for an 18 year old game, I thought. I've started #2, and it's interesting to see the considerable changes they made. (Though I've been sidetracked with the recent reboot... sogood.gif)

Mono

Here you go!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die! 2 -- MB-B23602E1932C6862 - Taken by Pop. 3 entrants total.

t1407798361z1.png

There's also a Steam code for the soundtrack? I already have it and it's surprisingly great! Here it is if anyone wants it:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Orcs Must Die! Franchise Soundtrack -- MB-A6F027DF9E740BC9 - Taken by pupo

Kiru

I recently did the same, though discovered I don't own Anniversary, even though I own literally every other Tomb Raider game...

The game holds up surprisingly well, for an 18 year old game, I thought. I've started #2, and it's interesting to see the considerable changes they made. (Though I've been sidetracked with the recent reboot... sogood.gif)

Oh ok, nice. I thought the second one would be mostly the same, just different levels. I want to play all Tomb Raider games chronologically, so I'll play the Core Design ones first, then go over to the Crystal Dynamics ones.. This will take a time. I also have Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light .... :)

Jawmuncher

Oh ok, nice. I thought the second one would be mostly the same, just different levels. I want to play all Tomb Raider games chronologically, so I'll play the Core Design ones first, then go over to the Crystal Dynamics ones.. This will take a time. I also have Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light .... :)

I remember all of that hype for angel of darkness back in the day. It was like the DNF of its time .

BorntoPlay

thank you everyone!... reposting my giveaway...

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Great Giveaway.
Whoever wins be prepared for a lot of incest talk.

Happy Birthday BorntoPlay! Have a great day and enjoy it!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Demonicon The Dark Eye -- MB-211048F919112375 - Taken by hitoshi. 40 entrants total.

t1407858480z1.png

Diedac

Enjoy

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thunder Wolves -- MB-AE7C12E8AB31AFB7 - Taken by Evrain
8 Bit Commando -- MB-971B775D6090216E - Taken by Cody_D165

SR4: The mission
where you go to Stilwater for 2 minutes
really makes me wish Volition would do a Saint's Row 1 & 2 remastered.

EDIT: Goddammit. The news about Robin Williams has ruined my day. What a tragic loss.

Likewise...holy shit.

FAKE: http://en.mediamass.net/people/robin-williams/deathhoax.html

Robin Williams Death Hoax Dismissed Since Actor Is ‘Alive And Well’ On Monday (August 11) the actor's reps officially confirmed that Robin Williams is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.

The one who put such shit needs to : https://uk.news.yahoo.com/upgrade-b...mplants-could-increase-180147606.html#PE8ZDZv

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, in case any of you are from Europe/Aus and have Wii U

I'm giving away Wonderful 101 (Wii U / eShop / EU only) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom