• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yeah, the cheapest you can back the game now is $35. I'd actually backed the Kickstarter during its funding period way back when, but I forgot all about it until the eleventh hour and consequently overspent on Steam the week my card was due to my charged, haha. In a way I'm righting a wrong by essentially pledging to buy the game twice. ;)

Yeah, it's actually $35 which I'm pretty sure will be the EA price on Steam. I was such a fool for not backing this and Tides of Numerara when their kickstarter campaigns were running. Anyway, if Altazor backs out, I'd glady take the copy off your hands

zkylon

zkylewd
So, since I'm only backing Pillars of Eternity for the beta and it's impossible to just buy the beta itself, would anybody here like to buy my final release key for $20 (equal to the early bird Kickstarter tier)? I'd prefer to pay less in the here and now.

Edit: Sorted.
wait what

why aer you buying only the beta :/

Turfster

I wasn't digging the gameplay, so I uninstalled it. Sorry, Lords of Shadow GAF.
It's okay, you didn't miss anything.
It was a shitty, boring 'game'.

Indie Ammo Box Robot bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Orcs Must Die!
  • Orcs Must Die! 2
  • Hero Academy
  • Echo Prime + Soundtrack
TIER 2: BTA 6.79$
  • Orcs Must Die! Adventures
  • Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power
  • Orcs Must Die! 2: Are We There Yeti?
  • Orcs Must Die! 2: Family Ties?
  • Orcs Must Die! 2: Fire and Water

PSA, because people have already yelled at me: proceeds support 'Operation Supply Drop'

dani_dc

And you can play a demo on their site ;)

People around here are more worried about buying stuff for cheap more so than if a game is good or not, I mean, if they don't play the games they own why would they play a demo? :p

I actually hadn't noticed the demo, thanks for pointing it out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, it's actually $35 which I'm pretty sure will be the EA price on Steam. I was such a fool for not backing this and Tides of Numerara when their kickstarter campaigns were running. Anyway, if Altazor backs out, I'd glady take the copy off your hands

I'll let you know if something changes.

wait what

why aer you buying only the beta :/

I'd like to pay less for the beta in the here and now, plus if there is a Steam DDE then I would have sold my key later on, anyway, since I didn't opt for the DDE tier (just in case there is no Steam DDE).

Edit: Oh, and the beta is a separate app.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Guns and Robots Starter Pack -- MB-49045EE1AB78E5E6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Requires F2P base game

StAidan

Leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

CubeGun -- MB-E43875D2DB28AA8C - Taken by Locust
War In a Box Paper Tanks -- MB-731131647D350002 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-4D1B2F70E094D4B0 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Guns and Robots (Starter Pack) -- MB-52208DA6D1F67278 - Taken by Lomax

Mono

• Orcs Must Die!
  • Orcs Must Die! 2
  • Hero Academy

PSA, because people have already yelled at me: proceeds support 'Operation Supply Drop'

Hero Academy looks fun!

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd like to pay less for the beta in the here and now, plus if there is a Steam DDE then I would have sold my key later on, anyway, since I didn't opt for the DDE tier (just in case there is no Steam DDE).

Edit: Oh, and the beta is a separate app.
yeah this doesn't necessarily make more sense to me but i can sort of see what you mean

personally i wish you didn't have to pay extra for beta tier, it's really weird that i'm at like 110 i think and still don't have a beta key, while i only went for like 40 or 60 on w2 and dead state and have been enjoying the betas for months

Lain

Sacred 3 got patched to include the missing artbook and soundtrack for those that preordered, which is a plus despite how long it took them to fix this. On the other hand, the PDF artbook is secured and I don't know of any free program to break the security, so I can't do much with those art images other than look at them, which is a bit of an annoyance.
Wouldn't have minded to use some as wallpapers once resized.

How far did you get?

I finished the third level, but nothing about it was holding much promise to me. Gameplay was dull, tutorial messages were obnoxious, and the nothing about what little story or setting they had begun to set up managed to hook me in.

Incidentally, I cleansed my palate by booting up Metal Gear Rising for the first time since February and finally beating Jetstream Sam. Wooooo.

• Orcs Must Die!
  • Orcs Must Die! 2
  • Hero Academy

For some reason I can't enter a custom amount. Every time I try to delete the amount in there it takes me a page back.

BruteUA

I have a question for the undercover Steam Support agents here. I did look around on my own and it looks like I'm clear, but just want to check real quick before I do it.

If I change my account's email address, is there any sort of restriction or cooldown put on it? SteamGuard is enabled and I can immediately verify the new email address when it asks.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have experience with using a madcatz arcade stick (ps3 version) on pc?

Does it work smoothly? So close on pulling the trigger on amazon ($99)

Mono

They added a "Be Back Soon!" message to the cutsom amount field, hmm.

That's a bundle I happily won't support

Why not? Do you not like the games or do you not want to give your money to that charity? There's a slider for where your money goes, but it looks like the charity gets 20% of the cut no matter what.

Sendou

Because it got praised to high heaven by some people... and it really was a bad game, like all Mercurysteam games, sadly. =p

Sure it can be a bad game (and that's something I'll find out when I play it) but when I see someone refer to a game as a "game" I immediately think that person has taken up to himself/herself to define what games are and I feel that rarely matches with my definition.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yay, this bit of Deus Ex: HR.
TYM mission, Zhao sounds the alarm and now I've got 15 twats trying to kill me. Need to determine my stealth approach to this, thinking a gas grenade lobbed from the vent might work. Always found this bit rather tricky.

Directors cut or standard edition?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a question for the undercover Steam Support agents here. I did look around on my own and it looks like I'm clear, but just want to check real quick before I do it.

If I change my account's email address, is there any sort of restriction or cooldown put on it? SteamGuard is enabled and I can immediately verify the new email address when it asks.

Changing your e-mail address won't impose anything.

Lain

DONTNOD is back

d1f52592379a0ce3a5c9068b193a7784.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872231

That looks pretty interesting. Hopefully they've learned from some of their decisions with Remember Me and this one will live up to its full potential.

Jawmuncher

That looks pretty interesting. Hopefully they've learned from some of their decisions with Remember Me and this one will live up to its full potential.

Still waiting on a trailer to see what the gameplay will be like.
Seems to be something that will be pushing story forward more than anything which I don't mind.

lucius_H-L-943x521-621x343.jpg

Just finished Lucius, took me around 5 hours, and got 41 of 58 achievements.

Overall it's a pretty interesting game, you play a Lucius a 7 year old boy who lives in a mansion with his family and many maids, butlers and handymen who are under your fathers employ, except he's not your actually father, Satan is, you are the spawn of Satan who has been tasked with gather souls for your real father to acquire various powers like telekinesis, mind control and combustion. The games premise is just that, kill everyone for Satan, expect the ways you have to go about doing so are quite different and unique, the main gameplay mechanics feel like a mix between classic Hitman trial and error with it's environmental deaths. Where combining found items with environmental hazards usually result in a entertaining death cutscene and no suspicioun cast upon Lucius.

Now the story isn't great, the voice acting is hammy and weirdly paced making it sound like sentences are being stitched together from totally different actors and the animations aren't detailed either. Some of the characters are interesting enough, for example Lucius' grandfather is a hard man who has something to hide and his motives are shown throughout the game and give an interesting look on the family's rise to power and occult ties. The mother slowly losing her mind lead to some interesting ambient dialogue like her asking Lucius to brush his teeth in a loving tone then immediately telling him to bug off because he's creeping her out, it's more than likely a bug but humorous none the less. As far as visuals are concerned, they're entirely fine for the most part, there are moment's when the game can be quite beautiful and others when it looks like a scene from a cut Deadly Premonition level.

The flow they achieve between making the game challenging but not making it frustrating looking for obscure items and solutions to problems are troubling, far too often I had to look up a FAQ on what obscure non related item I needed to complete a task that could have been simply completed another, far simpler way. That also brings out how the limited the game actually is in it's structure and openness to the player, Dante's Mansion, the games only location, is large and sprawling with countless rooms and corridors but most aren't used frequently or at all.

As a closing thought, I did really enjoy the game, the absurdity of the kills and the way the narrative tries to justify 20 deaths in one house as accidents so the detective working the cases doesn't have to call the FBI, is dumb fun, and entertaining. I would recommend anyone who is a fan of the older Hitman games and likes using the environment to kill hapless victims to try this game out, you mind fun for a good weekend of kill all for the glory of old pop Satan.

+ Environmental kills are fun and interesting
+ Graphics are nice in spots and the location is mostly well designed
+ Interesting idea and premise
+ Powers can lead to interesting gameplay mechanics

- Story is a little dumb, and stretches the players disbelief far
- Voice action and animations are lackluster
- Puzzles/Kills can be far too obtuse and can lead to frustration
- Limited in it's scope and options to the player

7.5 out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom