• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Everyone needs to go back and rewatch the best 90s kids movie now

Jumanji.jpg

its your duty

That reminds me that had a game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ANy news on the TV? Thta is the only thing more plausible than the internet !

Well Fox issued a statement to Entertainment Weekly:

“There really are no words to describe the loss of Robin Williams. He was immensely talented, a cherished member of our community, and part of the Fox family. Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. He will be deeply missed.”

Seems legit
and very, very sad

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This year has been full of celebrity deaths with many of them being drug overdoses or suicides.

Very heartbreaking to see Robin Williams go. I always enjoyed his work. I should watch a film in his honor

rtcn63

A few days ago, I'd read an article in The Atlantic about the possible connections between creativity and mental disorder. The author stated that many well-known names have succumbed to suicide before their winter. It's both sad and terrifying. It'll never not be, for those who suffer and those close to them.

Altazor

Robin Williams' death hit me pretty hard. Damn. I just... can't believe he's gone. Rest in Peace, Mr. Williams. You'll be missed.

And my deepest condolences to Zelda and all the family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they must be going through right now. I hope they can find strength.

Tellaerin

thank you everyone!... reposting my giveaway...

Happy birthday, man! :D

That's awful, man. : / May he rest in peace.

Ay news on the TV? That is the only thing more plausible than the internet !

CNN.com is reporting that it's legit. I hate to say it, but it's true. : (

Shadownet

Banned
Robin Williams' death hit me pretty hard. Damn. I just... can't believe he's gone. Rest in Peace, Mr. Williams. You'll be missed.

And my deepest condolences to Zelda and all the family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they must be going through right now. I hope they can find strength.

Goddamn that's sad :( I always like him too.

This feel pretty surreal. I didn't want to admit that Michael Jackson was dead back then either.

Eanan

I forgot about that movie; it used to scare me!

I haven't seen it since the 90s, but must rewatch it soon and see how it holds up today as I loved it as a kid.

I remember it had some creepy fake monkeys in it, but a classic kids movie in my opinion.

Mono

Hero Academy is PvP Fire Emblem and I really like it! The only problem is that there is no option to set a time limit for turns, so this game I'm currently playing is going to take hours since the other player is taking forever with their turns.

Really fun game though, from the tiny bit I've played. You get a desktop notification when it's your turn, which is awesome.

I haven't seen it since the 90s, but must rewatch it soon and see how it holds up today as I loved it as a kid.

I remember it had some creepy fake monkeys in it, but a classic kids movie in my opinion.

I just remember dinosaurs and flooding... or something. Maybe that wasn't even Jumanji, lol. I have to watch it again now; it's probably terrible, but it'll definintely be nostalgic.

Volimar

Keep wavering between wanting to read everything everyone has to say about him and wanting to shut everything off so I can hold it together. I don't remember being this affected by a celebrity death.

Here's a little somethin' somethin'.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-D56E4815FC480B88 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-AE704C96351006CA - Taken by maty. 2 entrants total.

t1407801301z1.png

Mono

Sad news, I remember the first time I saw him outside his usual comedy roles:

Quite a versatile actor when you come to think of it.

He was very versatile! I love his stand up, too.

An old teacher of mine had as marathon a few of his weird dramas in class; I think What Dreams May Come was the first movie I saw him in that wasn't a comedy.

Sharkiller

Steam Client Beta Update - August 11th
11 DE AGOSTO - PHILIPLA
We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes:

Browser:
Set key focus immediately when a helper process has created its browser

Library:
Don't hide extra copies of games with separate app IDs per platform if the extra copy is available for streaming
Allow 'Hide this game in my library' for non-Steam games

UI Style:
Fix notification panels having a 1px white border on the left and right edge.
Fixed regression where hover was not apparent on Friends list or notifications menu items
Adjusted app icon to fill footprint
Other minor color modifications
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/243511798887663822

Ozium

I put La Mulana and the eXceed collection in my cart..

5SF4WeE.gif

then I removed them after I saw they were slightly cheaper in the past...

It's okay, you didn't miss anything.
It was a shitty, boring 'game'.

Indie Ammo Box Robot bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Orcs Must Die!
  • Orcs Must Die! 2
  • Hero Academy
  • Echo Prime + Soundtrack
TIER 2: BTA 6.79$
  • Orcs Must Die! Adventures
  • Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power
  • Orcs Must Die! 2: Are We There Yeti?
  • Orcs Must Die! 2: Family Ties?
  • Orcs Must Die! 2: Fire and Water

PSA, because people have already yelled at me: proceeds support 'Operation Supply Drop'

Nice bundle, however despite it saying 'name your price' and the average price being about $3.50 I can't seem to go less than $5. Have they disabled the cheapskate option or something?

Salsa

actually, that wasn't the link I was meaning to post but still... it fits.

THIS was the actual link

I mean, that's kinda bittersweet cause though funny he's clearly coked out of his mind there or in the midst of that period and ultimately the reason he commited suicide is obviously related to his addiction/depression issues

SSPssp

Nice bundle, however despite it saying 'name your price' and the average price being about $3.50 I can't seem to go less than $5. Have they disabled the cheapskate option or something?

They disabled the custom price button over an hour ago but it comes back randomly. On reddit, someone posted you can edit the code yourself in Chrome to bring the custom "name your price" button back, but 2.99 is the minimum price.

Jawmuncher

They disabled the custom price button over an hour ago but it comes back randomly. On reddit, someone posted you can edit the code yourself in Chrome to bring the custom "name your price" button back, but 2.99 is the minimum price.

Kinda goes against name your price.

Lomax

Seems like it, pretty silly having a BTA that is below the minimum price. Might just be a glitch, seems like every time a new bundle site like this pops up there's something that doesn't work quite right. The tiers don't make much sense anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems like it, pretty silly having a BTA that is below the minimum price. Might just be a glitch, seems like every time a new bundle site like this pops up there's something that doesn't work quite right. The tiers don't make much sense anyway.

Even if it's not a glitch, I imagine they'll bring back the "really pay what you want" option if they want to sell anything at all. Since they disabled it, there have only been like 40 sales.

maty

Finished one of the worst games I've ever played, Akane the Kunoichi.

The game looks uninspired, the controls are horrible and the level design is abysmal. Basically it's shit.

You are a female ninja trying to rescue your love one. To do that you go through 15 awful levels (5 worlds, 3 stages each). I was about to quit when I noticed I was 2/3 into the game already so I decided to keep going. It took me 3 hours to beat, which could have been less if it weren't for the bad controls.

The game has the worst wall jumping in any platformer, probably the worst platforming for that matter. Being a ninja game I would expect something faster instead I got a something slow and unresponsive.

I would not recommend playing this game under any circumstances and I still don't get how it has mostly positive reviews on steam.

The only positive thing to say about it is that is has cards.

This game shall be hidden in my library along with Superfrog HD until there is an option to easily remove it.

Mono

If you're using Chrome:

1. Right click one of the fixed prices
  2. Click "Inspect Element"
  3. Right underneath the coding for the $5 selection, there is the commented out element for the custom amount field
  4. Right click that block of code and click "Edit HTML"
  5. Remove <-- and -->
  6. Replace "25.00" in that section with however much you want to pay
  7. Click out of that box, but still in the source menu
  8. The page will update, and you can now pay however much you want

Or you could wait for them to fix it themselves, but they seem to be taking a while. Or they may be removing the custom amount field forever?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Keep wavering between wanting to read everything everyone has to say about him and wanting to shut everything off so I can hold it together. I don't remember being this affected by a celebrity death.

Exactly, what happenned to me. It's almost 3 am where I live and I can't get to sleep after hearing the sad news.

I normally don't sympathize with people taking their lives. While I understand the reasons that someone might want to do it, the act itself is irresponsible and the victims are actually the people you leave behind. Robin William's death has deeply affected me though. I knew he always had some personal issues (he was a long time alcoholic iirc) but I couldn't imagine he would go that far. If anyone is facing any similar issues, please consider finding someone to talk to, depression is one of the worst things that can happen to someone and is very difficult to go through it alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom