• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been broken for months. :(

Months!?

GJjaXEE.gif

It's been broken for months. :(

That explains why I couldn't import my SR3 character into 4... unfortunately I didn't want to play SR4 without her, so I decided to play something else. Now I'm knee-deep in Marvel Heroes, eagerly awaiting the upcoming DLC sale.

Curse you, Volition! Look what you've done to me...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just had the custom option on my screen with the $5 gone. Now, the $5 is back and custom is gone.

Yeah, and even if you can get "custom" you still have to enter at least $2.99 or you'll get an error message.

EDIT: Working for $1 now. Nice.

EDIT of the EDIT: Nope - checkout not working.

Shadownet

Banned
Have some apple pie and ice cream GAF!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm planning on running through Divinity. Any big tips? Any missable trophies? I want to do it all in one playthrough if possible.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-F93E45470E65ED8F - Taken by DontBlink. 1 entrants total.
CT Special Forces Steam key -- MB-CEA4EC9754E504D4

t1407819902z1.png

derExperte

DLC don't bother.
What is 3 euro like 5 us? I guess its just a poor mans burnout/need for speed. If you want real ridge racer you ain't getting it with unbounded.

That's selling Unbounded way too short, it plays totally different than any Burnout/NFS due to the drifting mechanic. Which takes times to get used to and the opponents are hard as nails from the get-go so many gave up but once it clicks it's a fantastic arcade racer.

Volimar

q6MQGzl.jpg

Have some apple pie and ice cream GAF!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm planning on running through Divinity. Any big tips? Any missable trophies? I want to do it all in one playthrough if possible.

Save often....

especilly before you dig.

Jawmuncher

That's selling Unbounded way too short, it plays totally different than any Burnout/NFS due to the drifting mechanic. Which takes times to get used to and the opponents are hard as nails from the get-go so many gave up but once it clicks it's a fantastic arcade racer.

I guess I need to play some more of it then.
I did a few races and I was not getting used to the drifting since I was expecting actual RR drifting

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I need to play some more of it then.
I did a few races and I was not getting used to the drifting since I was expecting actual RR drifting

It's totally reasonable to want an actual Ridge Racer game but it isn't. It's a Bugbear game at heart, so slightly harder than usual mechanics to master and bastard hard AI. I loved it but it's not a Ridge Racer game really. The only tips I can give are really to try and get as many of the shortcuts as you can, especially as they fill your boost bar.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Glad to see this finally on Steam at last. As someone who has dealt with depression for a long time, I found quite a lot of familiarity in the uncomfortable truths presented here. I am also happy to see Twine titles getting attention on Steam, I loved working with it and have been thinking about using it again later this year should the time arise.

Everyone should give this a shot, but know that it is extremely melancholy.

KingDirk

Ugh I'm so mad I've missed Sleeping Dogs while it was on sale. I played through it on the PS3 and I keep hankering to replay it but want the upgrade. Ah wells.

Jawmuncher

Ugh I'm so mad I've missed Sleeping Dogs while it was on sale. I played through it on the PS3 and I keep hankering to replay it but want the upgrade. Ah wells.
Well might as well wait for the deluxe edition on PC now. Shouldn't be much more than a title and patch on the PC side so the price will still be cheap.

Is it wrong to undercut foils that havent sold in 2 months? For example i just got a foil and there are a few listed at 7+ but the last one sold 2 months ago, aka if I put it at 6.99 it wont sell forever.

Jawmuncher

Is it wrong to undercut foils that havent sold in 2 months? For example i just got a foil and there are a few listed at 7+ but the last one sold 2 months ago, aka if I put it at 6.99 it wont sell forever.
Put it up at 6.50 they aren't your friends they're your enemies. Do what will get you the sale.

Dambrosi

Banned
DLC don't bother.
What is 3 euro like 5 us? I guess its just a poor mans burnout/need for speed. If you want real ridge racer you ain't getting it with unbounded.

One yay, one nay. Anyone else wanna weigh in?

Jawmuncher

One yay, one nay. Anyone else wanna weigh in?

Looks like it depends on what you want in a racer. There's actually 2 yays though.

Here
It's totally reasonable to want an actual Ridge Racer game but it isn't. It's a Bugbear game at heart, so slightly harder than usual mechanics to master and bastard hard AI. I loved it but it's not a Ridge Racer game really. The only tips I can give are really to try and get as many of the shortcuts as you can, especially as they fill your boost bar.

Do we know if it's even coming to PC, or if it's even a jump above the PC version to warrant it being patched over?

I think deluxe edition will just be a rename of the collection purchase. Since the updates didn't sound like much more than some regular patch type stuff that everyone with the base game could get to . Someone had posted it was confirmed for PC. Might have been a misinformed link though.

rtcn63

Steamgaf will probably hate me for this but I ditched amnesia for outlast. The former was just too much of a snooze fest.

You may've traded one snoozefest for another. Outlast devolves into a series of repetitive quests (fetch this/turn that) and irritating (yet not at all scary) procedural enemy encounters after the first 20 minutes.

Lomax

I'd look at other foils from the same set and see what they generally sell for. If they are all like $2-$3, and that one is $7, the chances you'll ever sell one at that price is pretty low, so you might try $2-$3. But then, if no one has made one of those badges in 2 months, you might list it at like a dollar trying to sucker someone into buying it to resell, because the chance anyone is ever going to spend substantial money to make that particular foil is close to nothing.

FloatOn

You may've traded one snoozefest for another. Outlast devolves into a series of repetitive quests (fetch this/turn that) and irritating (yet not at all scary) procedural enemy encounters after the first 20 minutes.

That sucks to hear. I want to get in on the first person horror thing before alien isolation. Basically to prepare myself, I'm a huge wimp when it comes to non shooty horror games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom