• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did they recoup all their costs within 10 minutes, but so did I thanks to Playfire rewards. Think I ended up making quite a profit on that game, ha. Shame Playfire's been nerfed since then, but given the abuse of the system going on I'm not surprised it happened.

Yep. Goat Simulator Playfire rewards were the best. It was probably the time around when the program peaked. Been mostly downhill since then :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so, if i don't have the three games
can i still buy this discount and get the complete edition ?
how to use this ? i am new to the keys thing

Buy two TF2 keys from the market -> click here -> click on one of the Deponia copies -> follow the "Anonymous purchase" instructions.

I think it means that the person selling the games already owns all three games so they get the discount so they can sell the games on.

This. The games on offer there are bought and paid for -- they're being resold for a small profit.

9 days prior to the start of the Summer and Winter Sales, coupons as a crafting reward are replaced with Mysterious Cards that turn into sale cards once said sales begin. If you can get in early you can sell them for a fair amount.
Huh, learn something new every day. Guess I'll start completing cheap card sets then until next sale.
Thanks Arthea and brotkasten, too.

Ban Puncher

Urgh, Goat Simulator is still the worst thing I've spent money on on Steam -_-

mkgMN.gif

Arthea

I see volvo finally implemented removal from wishlist when adding a game. That's so nice of them, it was one of my most wanted features.
In other news I missed, Ryse coming to steam? Not sure if want, but still nice for those who do.
Ryse gameplay videos looked like my worst nightmare (><)

Saty

More Goat Simulator: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/goat-simulator-makes-big-bucks-with-almost-one-million-sales/
Of all the many "simulator" games, Goat Simulator stands out as one of the silliest and craziest to catch heat. That's reflected by the game's sales to date of "almost 1 million," as announced by Coffee Stain Studio's Armin Ibrisagic at GDC Europe this morning. It's no surprise, then, that the studio's now working on bringing the game to iOS and Android.

To ram those figures home, Ibrisagic said Coffee Stain made back the money it invested into Goat Simulator in "ten minutes." Perhaps crazier, the game generated more revenue in four months than the studio had made in the previous four years.

Lain

Thanks for the reassuring posts guys.

Since I've lived my life an infidel, I've no prayers to rely on.

Only SCIENCE!!!

With Shimakaze by your side, nothing can happen to you, especially now that that has been put on hold by SE.

Also, Happy Birthday!

Ozium

Overruled is a multiplayer brawler like no other - players change the rules as they play, directly influencing the dynamics and direction of combat. The player with the most points at the end wins the game! Use over 25 change &#8217;em-up cards to mess things up, no game is ever the same.

It's out now.. from Team 17, the devs behind Worms.. it's 30% off right now and has a four pack. Also includes a digital soundtrack but don't know if that's an EA purchase incentive... also it has cards.

looks interesting.

I cracked up when I saw RPS's article about this:

3D Benchmark Tool Comes To PC – Ryse: Son Of Rome

Sums it pretty nicely. Oh and nice screenshots too.

But that was my first thought as well. I'm looking for a new GPU and when I saw the announcement, I was like "the card that runs this game well is going to be my next one". I really hope it's not going to be another Crysis, where it takes a good while to run the game maxed out at 1920x1200.

My advice would be to put in cheap buy orders now so you can complete the sets
Ok, buy orders.... never made one, ha. So bear with me. Is it the right column in this image?
Selling only a few cards has been my whole experience with the market so far. So, if I set a buy order I should orientate at the lowest price at the right side, right.
Ain't there the risk that there won't be any seller willing to go down to that price since I see that the card has been sold several times at higher prices the last few days? Or does this usually work out when waiting a bit?

Arthea

Ok, buy orders.... never made one, ha. So bear with me. Is it the right column in this image?

Selling only a few cards has been my whole experience with the market so far. So, if I set a buy order I should orientate at the lowest price at the right side, right.
Ain't there the risk that there won't be any seller willing to go down to that price since I see that the card has been sold several times at higher prices the last few days? Or does this usually work out when waiting a bit?

for the most part is pretty safe to go 1 cent lower than lowest sold cards (on the left), you might wait some, it might not work for certain cards, looking at the right side has no sense, as people wanting certain price doesn't mean that somebody will go that low, it happens, but not that often.

kulapik

Bought the Humble Kawaii Bundle and I'm throwing this:

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-7C36EB76AF55E62E - Taken by Beelzebubs

Sendou

Microsoft's GamesCom press conference starts in 25 minutes and I'm still hoping for some good PC announcements.

I'll never learn.

There's a decent chance there might be something. Their E3 conference had Ori and the Blind Forest, LIMBO 2, Cuphead (that game that looks like cartoons) and others I'm not remembering now.

Arthea

Microsoft's GamesCom press conference starts in 25 minutes and I'm still hoping for some good PC announcements.

I'll never learn.

MS can redeem themselves, I no longer have xbox360, so now it is a good time to announce that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon for steam, as I want to replay both and I have some unfinished business in BD.
I'll never learn too

I also would take Infinite Undiscovery and Viva Piñata, while you are at it.

for the most part is pretty safe to go 1 cent lower than lowest sold cards (on the left), you might wait some, it might not work for certain cards, looking at the right side has no sense, as people wanting certain price doesn't mean that somebody will go that low, it happens, but not that often.
Yeah, I already thought it'd be too good to get this card for example at 4 cents when it sold for about 10 cents the last days. Thanks man.
gonna remove my buy order at 4 cent lol

It's out now.. from Team 17, the devs behind Worms.. it's 30% off right now and has a four pack. Also includes a digital soundtrack but don't know if that's an EA purchase incentive... also it has cards.

looks interesting.

Looks neat, will wishlist it and wait for impressions.

Sendou

Ninja Theory (Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, DmC) are apparently having a GDC talk and tweeting about it. They're saying they want to be in "in the space between AAA $60 games and Indie games. A space we're calling Independent AAA. By this we mean games with all the quality of AAA games, but delivered in a smaller, lower priced package."

That's exactly the space that I wish the rise of Steam and cheaper development tools will revitalize.

Arthea

Ninja Theory (Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, DmC) are apparently having a GDC talk and tweeting about it. They're saying they want to be in "in the space between AAA $60 games and Indie games. A space we're calling Independent AAA. By this we mean games with all the quality of AAA games, but delivered in a smaller, lower priced package."

That's exactly the space that I wish the rise of Steam and cheaper development tools will revitalize.

me too Sendou, me too.
I still can't believe that gaming industry managed to kill middle tier almost entirely, as I said many times, I so wish to see BioInf p&c game some day (><)
On more serious note, I'm not that much into 3D Benchmark Tools as in creativity, so "indie" games but with bigger budgets and prettier (not that some of them already aren't gorgeous) would be what I want.

Grief.exe

MS can redeem themselves, I no longer have xbox360, so now it is a good time to announce that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon for steam, as I want to replay both and I have some unfinished business in BD.
I'll never learn too

GFWL removal from some of their existing games would be megaton for me.

Mid-tier development is a great place to be. Also essentially confirms they want to produce PC games, as that tier gas essentially vanished from the console space.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Amen to that. I enjoyed the Enslaved, Remember Me tier of games quite a lot, but the 60$ starting point is hurting them out of the gate I suspect.

Arthea

GFWL removal from some of their existing games would be megaton for me.

Mid-tier development is a great place to be. Also essentially confirms they want to produce PC games, as that tier gas essentially vanished from the console space.

At this point, final GFWL death, and not announcing GFWL2 is what I hope for and keep my fingers crossed, postponing GFWL closure got me really worried.

That's a really good place for a dev like them to be in. Allowed to take risks but still with some very decent production values. I look forward to what they have in store. Loved DmC and Enslaved.

Grief.exe

At this point, final GFWL death, and not announcing GFWL2 is what I hope for keep my fingers crossed, postponing GFWL closure got me really worried.

That seems to have been done more for the developers benefit than anything else.

Give them some time to fix up their games before Microsoft pulls the plug.

There's a decent chance there might be something. Their E3 conference had Ori and the Blind Forest, LIMBO 2, Cuphead (that game that looks like cartoons) and others I'm not remembering now.

Sadly, those are not the games I'm looking for. I want some of their 1st party games, even older ones. Something like the first Forza Horizon, for example.

I'll never learn too

See, I'm in the same boat. My 360 broke down years ago and I still own LO and BD. I'd love to play through these games again, even if I'd have to buy them again.

Sendou

Sadly, those are not the games I'm looking for. I want some of their 1st party games, even older ones. Something like the first Forza Horizon, for example.

Oh then you will be disappointed I fear :p Think of this as Xbox conference rather than Microsoft conference. Announcing their 1st party games coming to PC isn't necessarily the way to go.

Of course I hope they prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom