• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

sk__rmklipp_by_monooboe-d7uth0y.jpg

Damn those blue buttons sure are tempting, more so than I thought it would be.XD Saving up for wintersale though.^^

Zarx

Ah unused Humble codes plus games purchased via funds generated through steam trading cards. It makes it practically free to give away things.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zarx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-8C3163406DB77A1B - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
Avernum: Escape From the Pit -- MB-5C5F2F905F197EFF - Taken by Jadax. 9 entrants total.
Croixleur Sigma -- MB-7B2B43D9982A7BDF
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-7DD0E1383F7FCA28 - Taken by Anteater. 26 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-24C531DD75CE4373 - Taken by EdmondD. 25 entrants total.

t1407923823z1.png

Arthea

gmg tempts me with that Age of Mythology discount, it is cheapest it has been, I assume? Any coupon that works with it and credit? Probably not... but one can dream.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The second sub includes the theory test.

I think the second sub includes the Hazard Perception test, with the first being the theory est. The theory test is the main thing you're learning (and what the screenshots are of) so it wouldn't make sense to have it be the extra.

fantomena

Just received my salary for about 3 weeks of summer work at my local mail company.

Over 1200€.

Feels great. Gonna pre-order Far Cry 4 since I could not stand the console version of Far Cry 3.

When it comes to AC: Unity I will go for PS4. Ubisoft can suck my dick after the fucktarded Watch Dogs.

Ubisoft FPS games = PC
Ubisoft everything else = Console

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the second sub includes the Hazard Perception test, with the first being the theory est. The theory test is the main thing you're learning (and what the screenshots are of) so it wouldn't make sense to have it be the extra.

That's what I thought at first, but nope.

JaseC now owns: UK Driving License

Achievement Unlocked: Just barely - Passed your test with 15 minors
Achievement Unlocked: Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre - Adjusted the mirror to look at Saoirse Ronan in the back seat
Achievement Unlocked: All the best people pass second time anyway - Drove into a wall when pulling out of the Test Centre

I definitely thought it had achievements because of this post, now I am sorely disappointed.

Milamber

I remember after getting my license and car, I immediately bumper kissed it into a taxi because I couldn't estimate the length of my car's hood versus the test car which was shorter.

I've been playing a lot of AC4 lately and since I can't continue with the story missions without my GF, I've been doing all the side stuff. Assassin contracts, naval contracts, the fleet missions (although they play themselves) and even the collectibles on the islands. Now I feel tempted to 100% this game, even though I know I'm going to feel empty and like an idiot afterwards. The lack of Steam achievements and cards makes it even worse. Nothing is gained by that and it's a huge time waster, and yet I continue to do this crap.

I really love/hate Ubisoft's formula.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That's what I thought at first, but nope.

Well that's kind of stupid. Especially as they're not labelled! Can't see people being happy if they buy the wrong one. Although Driving Theory test programs are sold in pound shops anyway so anyone getting one on Steam is doing it wrong. Unless they're only after the +1.

herod

lazy question before I get started with my new TV PC: can you config Steam Big Picture mode to launch bluray playing software like Cyberlink 3D? Or do you folks use something like XBMC to manage everything?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I definitely thought it had achievements because of this post, now I am sorely disappointed.

Haha. Well, this is just the theory test rather than the driving test anyway, so it'd be more like:

Left Hand Drive - Named three situations where you may overtake another vehicle on the left
Phone A Friend - Correctly identified what information you will be asked when you use the emergency telephone
Danger Zone - You knew what this road sign means.

Edit: You can tell I get bored at work in the mornings. I think I've posted more about that theory test software than I have in the last couple of days.

Haha. Well, this is just the theory test rather than the driving test anyway, so it'd be more like:

Left Hand Drive - Named three situations where you may overtake another vehicle on the left
Phone A Friend - Correctly identified what information you will be asked when you use the emergency telephone
Danger Zone - You knew what this road sign means.

You'd do well in achievement design. I would definitely buy these with those type of achievements.

The Night of the Rabbit is now $6.79 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CX6G1IO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Deponia is $1.99 on bundle star
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/deponia-new/

Chaos on Deponia is $3
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/chaos-on-deponia/

Goodbye Deponia is $6.80
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/goodbye-deponia/

they should make complete bundle for Deponia on bundle star

There is a complete bundle on steam, its very cheap from russia atm too 1.5-2 Keys ~ $3-4

Saty

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/223159/The_hilarious_success_story_of_Goat_Simulator.php
Sales of the game exceeded all expectations. "I think we recouped our money within, like, ten minutes," he says. In five months, Goat Simulator outsold both Sanctum games combined, such strong performance that the team wanted to give back and decided on offering free DLC, despite the fact Sanctum and its sequel made about half their revenues from paid DLC. And the team participated in the "Games for GoatS" program with charity Heifer International, offering free Steam keys for the game (along with Escape Goat 2, which also participated) to donors.
That would mean at the very least 300k because that what Sanctum 1 sold the last time they shared numbers.

Now, the team can invest in the secret IP and continue to support the existing ones comfortably. Patch 1.2 for Goat Simulator is coming soon, which will "surprise people just as much as they were surprised when they saw the trailer for the first time," he hopes. "When you get this press release from me in a couple months you better change your desk chair for a wheelbarrow, because you're going to shit bricks."

"There's also an announcement coming in a couple days that I'm not allowed to talk about," he adds.
Goat Simulator console-exclusive for the PS4 or XB1?

I turn 23 today! (Aug 12)
In a short while, I'll be taking a flight to the states.
With the horrendous track record of airlines as of late, please wish me luck. Hopefully they've finally found alternative flight paths that avoid both syria and ukraine.
I probably won't be able to respond for a few days until I find wifi or sign up for a mobile data plan.
See ya later steamGaf! Gaming Night Gaf... I'm coming hohoho
Happy birthday gooch and have a safe flight!
Also, have fun in youesey!

What are the advantages of keeping full card sets till sales to badge them?
I had some sets and immediately crafted them for xp/friend slots. Should I have waited?

Arthea

I had some sets and immediately crafted them for xp/friend slots. Should I have waited?

last two sales crafting badges during sales gave sales cards, I prefer them over coupons, that's why I wait.

You usually get items or cards related to the sale for crafting things during the sale.

Urgh, Goat Simulator is still the worst thing I've spent money on on Steam -_-

I like Jim Sterling's opinion on this or similar games. It's really like they've been made entirely to be shown off by some YouTube person with a big following.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

9 days prior to the start of the Summer and Winter Sales, coupons as a crafting reward are replaced with Mysterious Cards that turn into sale cards once said sales begin. If you can get in early you can sell them for a fair amount.

Beelzebubs

so, if i don't have the three games
can i still buy this discount and get the complete edition ?
how to use this ? i am new to the keys thing

I think it means that the person selling the games already owns all three games so they get the discount so they can sell the games on.

derExperte

More like a Flappy Goat standalone Steam release. With achievements for every point score from 10 to 100.

Would 100%.

I like Jim Sterling's opinion on this or similar games. It's really like they've been made entirely to be shown off by some YouTube person with a big following.

Thing is that Goat Sim does what it does exceptionally well, I usually don't play joke games but the goat will unironically be in my top 3 for 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom