• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Definitely gamescom with all of this FIFA talk.
Is FIFA even on PC anymore? Don't think I've seen a ea sports game there for some time.

That wasn't CGI.
It's not. I don't have the specifics but you have to pay for Unity Pro and then for each platform separately. You can play around with it freely. You just can't sell games then.
Oh I didn't know that, bummer. Always thought I could make a game and sell it with the free version. Only that there would be Unity splash screen/ads.
Was thinking about fiddling around with Unity. Hope a total no-knowledge guy can make something.

------

Lol, Schmeichel is a funny guy.

Turfster

Oh I didn't know that, bummer. Always thought I could make a game and sell it with the free version. Only that there would be Unity splash screen/ads.
Was thinking about fiddling around with Unity. Hope a total no-knowledge guy can make something.

You can on the platforms I listed (iOS only if you have a mac to build on, because fuck Apple that's why) if you make less than 100.000$ a year, which is usually a safe bet ;)

Turfster

God damn this first to console bullshit.
That trailer is full of things I want.

... Not Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 tho =p

Also, pretty sure Goat Sim is already out on PC, microsoft =p

derExperte

That makes sense for some reason I thought PC versions were no more. They must have skipped a year at some point. I just remember back in the day you had to pay to play madden I think it was online for PC.

They never skipped one of the main ones on PC but I think one or two special editions for a World or European Cup.

Jawmuncher

Anything good in the Japanese indie festival (Aside from La Mulana which I own?)
Astebreed is really good but you can get the humble weekly for that. Aside from that world economica is a good VN but it's been leaked to be in a future groupees bundle.
Eryis Action isn't on there but I highly recommend it. Only 1.69.

They never skipped one of the main ones on PC but I think one or two special editions for a World or European Cup.

That makes sense guess I just lumped those in and thought that was the case.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja Theory (Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, DmC) are apparently having a GDC talk and tweeting about it. They're saying they want to be in "in the space between AAA $60 games and Indie games. A space we're calling Independent AAA. By this we mean games with all the quality of AAA games, but delivered in a smaller, lower priced package."

That's exactly the space that I wish the rise of Steam and cheaper development tools will revitalize.

So they want to be another Mid-tier video game developer. They really could have saved everyone the trouble and just made a post on twitter.

Sendou

So they want to be another Mid-tier video game developer. They really could have saved everyone the trouble and just made a post on twitter.

It's a part of their larger talk at GDC. From the looks of it they have full house so I guess one or two folks are interested? Ninja Theory has bunch of unique insight in any case.

Below now on Xbox stream. Looks intriguing. Delayed to 2015? :( That's too bad.

Nothing but PC indies on Xbox one.

Lots of PC goodness... FIRST TO CONSOLE ON XBOX ONE.

Tons of PC goodness coming to X1.

a lot of pc games will be coming to the xbox first!

edit: beaten...
edit2: can't wait for all the threads about "fucking indie games" on the bone and ps4 that will pop up after this

Everything indie is "first to console" which means everything that isn't already on Steam is coming to Steam.
tumblr_m4eqn81BWT1qdnsr8.gif

Jawmuncher

Heh yeah seems like they're still in tease mode.

Yeah they definitely are. But since the release is next year ill cut them some slack for now.

-------

Didn't think they'd waste more time on CODAW after the MP reveal. Though I guess that was just me being hopeful. Still wondering if they will be able to match Treyarchs Black Ops 2 port which everyone tells me was phenomenal on PC.

You can on the platforms I listed (iOS only if you have a mac to build on, because fuck Apple that's why) if you make less than 100.000$ a year, which is usually a safe bet ;)
Ah, ok. I was just typing my reply when you wrote yours :p
Why is there no way of making iOS games from Windows though? Getting a mac is some heavy investment for some
like me.

100.000$/year? Well, you gotta prepare paying some royalties to Unity then turfy, once your game breaks the sale charts. ;)
It's gonna come on Steam at some point, right?

Jawmuncher

Hey gais, still not sure what to get to my 100% juicy orange juice on groupees. Bloodrayne? LBP? No idea

What are you wanting.
Blood Raybe is a fun action adventure game but is a GOG key.
Little Big Adbenture is a classic from what I hear but I've never played it. Though buying it there will get you a steam key,
100% OJ is a fun board game that gaffers here play a lot from time to time.
99 spirits is a fun RPG in my book and well worth the bundle price.

Those titles are the standout there.

Ozium

Wow a CoD driving sequence that ends with a crash

quelle surprise

edit: for the amount of crap happening in this game play clip it looks really boring...

Jawmuncher

This bridge section is not selling me at all .
Looks like typical cod but you can jump a bit higher now.

Wow a CoD driving sequence that ends with a crash

quelle surprise

edit: for the amount of crap happening in this game play clip it looks really boring...

Yeah this level was not a good one to pick it seems.

aku:jiki

Anything good in the Japanese indie festival (Aside from La Mulana which I own?)
I can't give an opinion on the VNs, but you can pick pretty much any of the action games aside from Satazius, Ether Vapor, eXceed 1 (2 and 3 are fine) and Eryi's Action and end up with an acceptable choice.

People hate great games nowadays.
Reverse hipsters are worse than actual hipsters. The kind that will refuse to stray from the mainstream and talk about how everything underground is "poor quality". At least actual hipsters are right from time to time when the mindlessly praise indie stuff, reverse hipsters are never correct about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom