• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

um wow.

Fuck that.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

oh ok. Much better.

Anteater

this-cannot-be-realqtysr.gif

Gonna be a fun day around gaf today lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Of course Microsoft would not admit that all these games are timed exclusives. They are not stupid

TR will eventually come to PC. Same goes for Quantum Break and Master Chief Colleciton

Jawmuncher

Ryse and Dead Rising 3 were total exclusives too.

I'll wait for a Winter 2016 PC release of Tomb Raider.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I can't see them giving up on all that money. Though TR with that much of a gap console side will definitely push some sales.

------
Scream ride looked fun. Bet its a download title so that will make its way to PC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Of course Microsoft would not admit that all these games are timed exclusives. They are not stupid

TR will eventually come to PC. Same goes for Quantum Break and Master Chief Colleciton

Exactly. Last winter Dead Rising 3 and Ryse were "permanent exclusives" as well according to them. Short of buying the Tomb Raider IP, I don't see how or why they would bother preventing TR from coming to PC a year after release.

Turfster

I love that lacklustre applause for Forza shit.
Top tip, Microsoft: almost nobody in Europe wants your stupid box.
There's stacks and stacks of them just sitting there, unsold =p

MayMay

Banned
.___. The news that Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox (full) exclusive is making me so mad. TR is the series i've been a fan of the longest - almost from Day 1. And now Square Enix decided the money is more important than the fans. Dumb move.

Oh well, people said Mass Effect 1 would never come to PS3 - so maybe this'll come to PC and PS at some point. Its definitely no timed exclusive right now though.

Sendou

Exactly. Last winter Dead Rising 3 and Ryse were "permanent exclusives as well according to them. Short of buying the Tomb Raider IP, I don't see how or why they would bother preventing TR from coming to PC a year after release.

Microsoft has a history of this sort of stuff. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are two. Below is another. Super Time Force another recent. Then from the 360 era we have Mass Effect, Alan Wake, shitton of XBLA games etc. etc.

Of course they could make a contract than ensures SE will never release the game outside Xbox but just how expensive would that be?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe SE will bitch about Tomb Raider not reaching expected sales number again with the exclusive thingy.

Personally, I'm looking forward to them using it as an excuse for exploitative DLC & pre-order practices.

I don't think I'm screwed.. Am I?

Like Quantum Break, it will only be a few years before they are ported to PC. In the interim, you can email the winner and ask if they want to switch to a different title.

.___. The news that Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox (full) exclusive is making me so mad. TR is the series i've been a fan of the longest - almost from Day 1. And now Square Enix decided the money is more important than the fans. Dumb move.

Oh well, people said Mass Effect 1 would never come to PS3 - so maybe this'll come to PC and PS at some point. Its definitely no timed exclusive right now though.

They need money so they can keep working on FF XV for 5 more years before releasing it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't understand why people are so angry at Square Enix - the dude straight up told you that they're always thinking of you, and you can always play Lara Croft: Tomb Raider on your PS1s. Why would you want to support their new franchise by buying the sequel when you can just play old games instead?

I'm kidding. Will wait for Definitive edition on PS4 Steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol at people comparing this to Bayonetta 2 just like they did with Bloodborne. Bayonetta 2 wasn't going to be funded. Bloodborne and Tomb Raider would be funded just fine as multiplatform games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom