• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So we are adding a feature Steam has had for years and seems like a pretty basic feature that should have been on these next-gen consoles from day 1 but wasn't. Preloading games!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A refreshing opinion after having to wade through every exclusive thread being rife with the platform owners defending the game only being on their platform.
Being excited for console exclusives is like being excited that R. Kelly's The Light It Up Tour is an HDDVD exclusive.

Sendou

So we are adding a feature Steam has had for years and seems like a pretty basic feature that should have been on these next-gen consoles from day 1 but wasn't. Preloading games!

Preloading *selected games

And Pre-load them. The future is now.

Yeah what a way to end the conference. Man

--

bu12y_kiqaan9lmkws0r.png

I laughed a little. MS just literally paid money to cancel a PC game.

You know, outside of some proper games for pc, I'd also like them to announce a wireless adapter for the Xbox One gamepad. My 360 pad is 7 years old and it shows and I really like the look of the white Xbox One controller. But there is no way I'm going back to wired pads anymore.

ViviOggi

Maybe being on the wrong side of these deals will make more people realize how bad exclusivity is for our medium as a whole... bah who am I kidding

derExperte

You know, outside of some proper games for pc, I'd also like them to announce a wireless adapter for the Xbox One gamepad. My 360 pad is 7 years old and it shows and I really like the look of the white Xbox One controller. But there is no way I'm going back to wired pads anymore.

The X1 pad is so good that I've learned to live with a cable again.

while it sucks that the new TR is xbone exclusive, i can't blame Square Enix for taking that guaranteed money. They're going through some troublesome financial times and, if it just ends up being a timed exclusive, they'll have had their cake and ate it, too. They'll have avoided direct competition from Uncharted 4 on the PS4, subsidized dev/marketing costs by taking that nice microsoft money, and then they can release the game 6 months later on the PS4/PC, avoiding UC4 and getting possibly the same amount of sales (if not more) by coming out during the summer doldrums.

But that would be giving SE a ton of credit. We'll see what happens, but it really makes no sense to push TR2013 on the PS4/Xbone, push the GOL sequel onto PS4/Xbone/PC, and THEN make TR2015 a xbone exclusive.

The X1 pad is so good that I've learned to live with a cable again.

The white one looks godly. It's really hard to resist. I might have no other choice and get one anyway. I just hope the adapter comes out eventually.

Was the Xbox 360 wireless adapter responsible for the cracked wireless protocol? If so, then we might not get one at all. Damn.

Volimar

Is Bethesda at Gamescom? Cuz what would be a great palette cleanser would be a Fallout 4 announcement.

It has to happen sooner or later

Sendou

"The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom developer The Odd Gentlemen are producing the new King’s Quest game. It is a fully “reimagined” take on the original series, according to Activision. The publisher promises that The Odd Gentlemen comprises a number of fans of the King’s Quest franchise. The studio intends to capture the same combination of difficult puzzles and engaging narrative as the originals. The adventure title is due out in 2015 for unspecified platforms — although the company notes it will release its software on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam."

"While we wait for King’s Quest, we can all shoot some shapes in Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions. Studio Lucid Games, which has produced a small number of mobile games, is taking on the latest entry in the popular shooter franchise. Dimensions will feature a single-player campaign with 50 different challenges in addition to 10 different battle modes. The game is due out this holiday, but Sierra once again didn’t mention any release platforms by name — but it is coming to “more platforms than ever before.”"

What Sierra is now: "Sierra and Activision announced new plans for the beloved label today, which include launching a new King’s Quest adventure game as well as a new entry in the Geometry Wars dual-stick shooter series. While the company retains the Sierra name and is publishing King’s Quest, the Activision subsidiary will not focus only on re-releasing Sierra classics. The plan is to have it do that while also forging deals with “edgy” independent developers working on innovative new projects. This should bring some further diversification to a portfolio of software that includes Call of Duty, Skylanders, and World of Warcraft."

The thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872909

Xanathus

Hrm I didn't care for the King's Quests games because of all the failure states, I preferred games like Quest for Glory and Space Quest where you can't instantly die simply from clicking on the wrong thing. I'd rather they make a new Space Quest.

Tizoc

Dammit

Unless it turns into another TR incident someday. A small flicker of hope remains.

Jawmuncher, buddy let me tell you something, Jim Sterling might say:
"Rise of the Tomb Raider's exclusivity is stupid, but not for the reason YOU think it's stupid.
It's stupid because it makes people look and behave stupid."
Just go take a look at the Rise of the TR thread, and you'll see what I mean.

Rise of the TR will get released on PC and PS4, it's only a matter of time. Don't let S-E make you stupid with this announcement.

KarmaCow

I get being annoyed over moneyhatted exclusives, but I'm honestly surprised that people care this much over the Tomb Raider reboot.

Jawmuncher

"The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom developer The Odd Gentlemen are producing the new King’s Quest game. It is a fully “reimagined” take on the original series, according to Activision. The publisher promises that The Odd Gentlemen comprises a number of fans of the King’s Quest franchise. The studio intends to capture the same combination of difficult puzzles and engaging narrative as the originals. The adventure title is due out in 2015 for unspecified platforms — although the company notes it will release its software on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam."

"While we wait for King’s Quest, we can all shoot some shapes in Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions. Studio Lucid Games, which has produced a small number of mobile games, is taking on the latest entry in the popular shooter franchise. Dimensions will feature a single-player campaign with 50 different challenges in addition to 10 different battle modes. The game is due out this holiday, but Sierra once again didn’t mention any release platforms by name — but it is coming to “more platforms than ever before.”"

What Sierra is now: "Sierra and Activision announced new plans for the beloved label today, which include launching a new King’s Quest adventure game as well as a new entry in the Geometry Wars dual-stick shooter series. While the company retains the Sierra name and is publishing King’s Quest, the Activision subsidiary will not focus only on re-releasing Sierra classics. The plan is to have it do that while also forging deals with “edgy” independent developers working on innovative new projects. This should bring some further diversification to a portfolio of software that includes Call of Duty, Skylanders, and World of Warcraft."

The thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872909

Nice Sierra as that sort of label works perfectly.

Is Bethesda at Gamescom? Cuz what would be a great palette cleanser would be a Fallout 4 announcement.

It has to happen sooner or later

Bethesda is being like capcom this year and not really showing anything. Even though as you said we all know its going to happen sooner or later. Maybe they will use the vgas again like they did Skyrim.

Arthea

I actually thought... that all that bought exclusivity fad will be over with the last gen, as in not worth, not paying back.
I guess I'm joining naive part of steamgaf with this admission.

derExperte

The white one looks godly. It's really hard to resist. I might have no other choice and get one anyway. I just hope the adapter comes out eventually.

Was the Xbox 360 wireless adapter responsible for the cracked wireless protocol? If so, then we might not get one at all. Damn.

No idea what you mean but the controllers use their own wifi methods separate from the normal wifi and the X1 a completely new one anyway so I don't see how that would affect anything even if the cracked thing was the adapters fault.

Also the white pad looks like my Titanfall one just without the decals. I think I prefer mine.

KainXVIII

sam-i-came.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I get being annoyed over moneyhatted exclusives, but I'm honestly surprised that people care this much over the Tomb Raider reboot.

I enjoyed the game a lot, obviously enough people thought the same way for them to make a "Definitive" edition, and then to develop a sequel, and then for Microsoft to want to buy that sequel. Given that the majority of those people didn't play it on the Xbox platform, there's going to be a fair few people annoyed by this sort of thing.

Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher, buddy let me tell you something, Jim Sterling might say:
"Rise of the Tomb Raider's exclusivity is stupid, but not for the reason YOU think it's stupid.
It's stupid because it makes people look and behave stupid."
Just go take a look at the Rise of the TR thread, and you'll see what I mean.

Rise of the TR will get released on PC and PS4, it's only a matter of time. Don't let S-E make you stupid with this announcement.

like you said TR will end up not a exclusive. Which I hope is the case for the Halo Master Chief Collection which is what I meant by that comment. I'm good with tomb raider I got Osiris for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom