• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the Indie Ammo Box bundle now has a base of $4.50. I should have payed the $1 last night. Their sells have really slowed down so I hope they keep getting less because of all their back-and-forth decisions.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, has there been a fix for Clear Sky's Godrays or do I need to tweak? I'm getting 30/40FPS with everything maxed in the opening and sometimes 50/60 with a 60FPS sync in DX10/10.1 mode, but I get a rock solid (while having stronger Godrays, WTF) 60FPS in DX9. Does complete fix this bug or something?

(Also OMG CLEAR SKY IS A HUGE STEP UP FROM SHADOWS OF CHERNOBYL in terms of graphics. Holy shit what the fuck magic did they do in 2008 for that engine revamp)

Good morning SteamGAF.

The smell of poop-threads is strong today.

On the other hand, Space Marine is so goddamn mindless fun!!! ;D For the Emperor!!!

hitoshi

Adventure!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gomo -- MB-79C8D0CC1813CEB9 - Taken by maty

Jawmuncher

To be fair, it's only the third lowest scoring Fable.
I have only ever played the original and didn't like it

Funny enough the only fable that I sorta didn't like was 2.
Loved 1 and thought 3 was pretty good aside from all the glitches at launch.
Not too interested in Legends though since it's something else.

Lain

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/288470/capsule_616x353.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288470/
Pre-order is up.

More details:
http://lhcorp.azurewebsites.net/5281.aspx

I was about to pre-purchase it, but then I forced myself to remember that I didn't like much what I played of the first Fable and that I need to stop falling for this thread's hype for new/upcoming releases, especially when I have preorders set already for the rest of the month for anime/manga/console games.
I feel so mature when I stop myself from buying stuff.
In other words, added to the wishlist.

Kifimbo

Tyler Malka ‏@NeoGAF 36s

I can't access the NeoGAF myself, either. Affecting ~half of users. Apparently there's a huge network outage in the USA disrupting routing

Glad I'm not affected (Canada-GAF).

MayMay

Banned
Sony better show some Uncharted 4 to make up for the incredible disappointment I felt when Micro$oft announced Rise of the Tomb Raider is exclusive.

AHA-Lambda

Hopefully they redeem themselves for that prior turd.

Getout.gif

Unless its the next Megaman or big JRPG then I'm okay with that. God knows Microsoft doesn't really care about neither.

A big JRPG certainly has a lot of chance to be only on PS4. Megaman on the other hand, is pretty much dead so we're safe there.

I wouldn't mind a Megaman game only on Nintendo consoles or portable only though.

Great, had to go afk a bit and missed the whole show.

About Tomb Raider exclusivity.
This is what crazy buttocks on a train, one of the best inside sources posted in the Tomb Raider tears thread.
The point is that it will probably remain exclusive for at least 3 years; could release on PC before, but this is what an exclusive is, sorry to break reality on you.
Uh no
no
yeah I don't understand what he means he could mean it's there for good or he could mean it's just timed, it just adds more confusion to this mess.
timedd |:<
Hope he's right and it stays that way.
Funding titles and those being exclusive is not bad. It's a good thing.
Outright buying/moneyhatting games which would have been available everywhere, just to rise interest in your console on the other hand. I freaking despise that. No matter which company does it.
Tomb Raider unlike Bayonetta 2 would have come to PS4/PC, if MS didn't buy it. I don't like such practices. It comes off petty and puts a stamp on you that says, "I couldn't be arsed to put time and effort into building a studio, gathering talent, fostering them, giving them time to build something good. I just cash out."

More PT, someone do the dailies.
Good thing nobody cares about the humble android bundle additions. =p
Have a painless session, dude.

Shadownet

Banned
A big JRPG certainly has a lot of chance to be only on PS4. Megaman on the other hand, is pretty much dead so we're safe there.

I wouldn't mind a Megaman game only on Nintendo consoles or portable only though.

Megaman is never dead in my heart. NEVER. Though i would be okay if it come out on 3DS.
----------------------------------------------------------

Btw, is Lords of the Fallen suppose to be really hard like Dark Souls? or does it just look like Dark Souls.

MadGear

Thanks for the link, I hope Sony doesn't buy an exclusive. :(
I have a PS4, but still.

Already forgot about No Man's Sky? :D
But at least here they are a bit more open to the extend of the exclusivity with that game whereas in case of Tomb Raider it is marketed as true exclusivity ... you know, the type of true exclusivity we know from games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 which you'll only ever get to play on an Xbox One.

Megaman is never dead in my heart. NEVER. Though i would be okay if it come out on 3DS.

Well, in my heart it lives too! As for Capcom... We're better waiting for Mighty Number 9 and Azure Striker Gunvolt.

A personal dream of mine is seeing some X games that already have PC ports on Steam. Capcom certainly could do it, I'm pretty sure it isn't hard. Just give me X4 without the horrible english dub and I'll be happy.

SSPssp

Already forgot about No Man's Sky? :D
But at least here they are a bit more open to the extend of the exclusivity with that game whereas in case of Tomb Raider it is marketed as true exclusivity ... you know, the type of true exclusivity we know from games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 which you'll only ever get to play on an Xbox One.

Its just that with AAA games the price difference is so vast compared to indie games. For a game like Tomb Raider, I'm not sure if I can hold out even though I know it'll come later to PC.

Cheddahz

Banned
Sorry for the non-Turfster format.

Daily : Jazzpunk - 66% off ($5.09)

MidWeek : Payday 2 - 50% off ($14.99)
MidWeek : Max Payne 3 - 75% off ($4.99)

Payday 2 for me. Now I can finally play with you guys!

Oh yeah, I have Payday 2, I should probably play it again someday

MadGear

Its just that with AAA games the price difference is so vast compared to indie games. For a game like Tomb Raider, I'm not sure if I can hold out even though I know it'll come later to PC.

Then you'll be part of the problem :) If you don't like these kind of deals, don't go and support them anyway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Faabulous, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Faabulous, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Condename 47 -- MB-99108C3EBA8AE547 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assasin -- MB-9877FB4CB7D65142 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.

t1407867004z1.png

Grief.exe

Btw, is Lords of the Fallen suppose to be really hard like Dark Souls? or does it just look like Dark Souls.

It is a more arcade oriented souls game. Combat is more fast paced and you won't be as punished for mistakes. There are also spawn points mid level and the mechanics will have more explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom