• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamescom talk is it.
Nothing too big so far besides times tomb raider exclusivity.

ah yea yea. was just talking to Dunder about that. its SE's lost not mine. By the time it does come out on PS4 or PC I won't even care about it anymore. I know myself very well and when something is announced too early by the time it does eventually come out I stop caring about it completely. I might still pick up said game but when its like less than $10.

Faabulous

Had these just lying around. Might as well give them out.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Faabulous, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Condename 47 -- MB-99108C3EBA8AE547 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assasin -- MB-9877FB4CB7D65142 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.

t1407867004z1.png

Aaron D.

Anyone know if the public are allowed to capture off-screen footage on the showroom floor at gamescom?

I'm dying for some Farming Simulator 15 in-game footage.

Grief.exe

I thought those numbers sounded a bit funky.

Is there any chance for more Microsoft Gamescom announcements to happen? Where is exactly their 'newly commitment to PC' at display here?

As always Microsoft reiterates their commitment to PC without actions to back it up.

Of course, I have been impressed with their output the past couple of years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Divius

if your problem is just hosting then no problem since i'll be hosting
if you're having trouble joining games let me know, i'll try to fire up the game once i'm done with zomboid
I've been trying with different people for hours and the problem is 100% on my end and I cannot host nor join. Shit is FUBAR and I have no idea what's causing it.

game is allowed in firewall
port is allowed in firewall
port is opened

I've also tried without firewall, I've verified the game cache, I've redownloaded, resetted and rebooted.

Nothing works. Only game that has ever given me trouble like this.

This is what I see

Trying to connect to other players only gives me the 'Error: Failed to connect' error

Phinor

It pretty much does. And yea, this game always felt like a Steam sale purchase to me. Especially after they decided to release it bang in the middle of the busiest season for games.

Outside of new Civilization, nothing interesting coming in the whole of October and even early November is completely empty in my anticipated games list. I know most people have October and early November full of games, but everything that interests me is coming in September, or late November/early December.

So I had pretty big hopes on Lords of the Fallen, and still do. Maybe they'll sell it on GMG so I can use all of my useless reward credit on it or something.

Altazor

Speaking of, here's the actual in-game map:

It's noticeably smaller than the one that did the rounds a week ago and calls into question Ubi's claim that the city is approximately the size of AC3's entire Frontier, even taking into consideration the 1:1 scale.

uh, yeah. I don't want to say "downgrade" because that would be incorrect, but still... it's definitely smaller than the leaked one. In any case, you can say it's better to have a smaller map filled with details and stuff to do instead of a big one that's just a slog to traverse through.

And I haven't played an AC since Brotherhood, and I don't think my current PC can handle ACU or even ACIV... so I guess they'll have to wait :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

It's noticeably smaller than the one that did the rounds a week ago and calls into question Ubi's claim that the city is approximately the size of AC3's entire Frontier, even taking into consideration the 1:1 scale.

I'd actually prefer it to be smaller than AC3's map since you will always be on foot.

When the game takes place in a single city it's much more important for them to make the environment unique and authentic. I hated ACB's Rome because everything was so generic

I've been trying with different people for hours and the problem is 100% on my end and I cannot host nor join. Shit is FUBAR and I have no idea what's causing it.

game is allowed in firewall
port is allowed in firewall
port is opened

I've also tried without firewall, I've verified the game cache, I've redownloaded, resetted and rebooted.

Nothing works. Only game that has ever given me trouble like this.

This is what I see

Trying to connect to other players only gives me the 'Error: Failed to connect' error

that's weird, i'm reaching but did everyone you tried to join ever successfully host a game ?

Is it on sale anywhere?

i don't think so

Parsnip

Yeah, it looks smaller than the earlier one. But then I also have no concept of how big Frontier actually was, always found it hard to compare it to anything that came before because of the way it was built. Same with Liberation, swamps felt a lot larger than they actually were because of how the trees were placed and all that. Going from point A to B was never a straight line like it would be in a city, so distances were weird to gauge.

Divius

Are you behind a router? Didn't see that mentioned so thought I might throw that out as a suggestion.
I'm actually behind 2 routers but have open ports and other games/software that all work without issue. I've also tried removing one of those routers so I'm only behind one, but still nothing. It's like RoR doesn't recognize I am online.

I'm actually behind 2 routers but have open ports and other games/software that all work without issue. I've also tried removing one of those routers so I'm only behind one, but still nothing. It's like RoR doesn't recognize I am online.

If you have admin access I would try to setup a DMZ, I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't be able to host besides the router.

Edit: Or to completely be sure it's not the router, if possible try connecting directly into your cable modem.

Sarcasm

Just to clarify, you can play online fine i other games right?

Feeling better today, and Ys Origin and Story About my Uncle got cards, so i was able to buy another copy. Have fun :)
ModBot[b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eryi's Action -- MB-633E87ACB19341B5 - Taken by WinterDemons. 6 entrants total.

t1407860224z1.png

Amzin

I know for my brother and myself, we had to pick different ports than RoR wanted to use and tell it to use those. For whatever reason, opening up RoRs default ports doesn't work, but custom ports did. Other than that, have you tried running it as administrator too?

I recall having connection problems at first with RoR but I'm pretty sure we resolved it with the custom ports.

def sim

Hm

I hope to see some good prices for Anniversary. I haven't played the first Fable in almost a decade, so I'm down for another go.

Happy Tuesday

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

EvilQuest -- MB-45F6B1967E27A32A - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-38A57DE6E83E2193 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-EDBE91EC70F758B0 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
A New Reckoning -- MB-AC464D656B3DF870 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-8F9720BFCCA56FD9 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-651A6F5809704F4E - Taken by diablogod. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-546B53A6C0BD9EB0 - Taken by PriitV. 5 entrants total.

t1407861304z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-1A668CA391AD85CF - Taken by bluechox2
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-C771ED4091EE0236 - Taken by arts&crafts
Etherlords II -- MB-DE177D7BDDE144A9 - Taken by drakaenae
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-622E1636835D12D6 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Frozen Hearth -- MB-9674662CC7763EAE - Taken by saunderez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom