• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLynx

No problem... and if you want to idle those automatically, welp

Rd9XzRM.png

I had it all ready, just waited for the steam sale to level up :)
thanks for everything <3

Free Bideo James

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-06FAA2F696283BA2 - Taken by Gianni Merryman
Cubetractor -- MB-051B01AC940E5434 - Taken by Vlad
Dustforce -- MB-DB427B9A2315F09F - Taken by electroflame

~1 hour left

62869ec060e6dfdd3ca53e23c85e30a16de9c291.jpg

When are we playing: tomorrow 8:00pm GMT

t1407873600z0.png

->European game's night<- so obviously euro folks preferred for latency reasons.
Slots :
1- Robert J. Sullivan
2- dark_inferno
3- Mechoshira
4 -
4 (reserve) - (CorrosiveFrost)

I might move the session 1-2 hours earlier or later if that's not a good time (dinner, personal stuff etc.)

Grief.exe

So Vanishing of Ethan Carter is safe? Thanks Jshacks, I didn't know it was that close to release.

Love the style of humor Kojima has and brings into MGS5.
Don't need any more "serious" games. Give me crazy Kojima-style fun.

Just reveal it for PC already, please. There were rumors, right?

I remember someone posting entries on Steamdb or sth. like that.

Just assumptions based on Konami's recent stance and some retail listings.

I thought to myself "Shadowgate is coming out soon, I should really go to their website and pre-order..."

Nope. I guess pre-orders on their site have closed, and it's not yet available on Steam for pre-order. Ugh...

To be fair, Idle Master uses the same method as SAM (or playing the game directly) to report to Steam that you're in-game. Also, the drop rate on foil cards is completely and totally random, it has nothing to do with your Steam level.

I am aware, that was my point. I downloaded Idlem@ster, and intend to start using it this week.

Anteater

ridge racer unbounded is kind of tough, but the game is pretty fun, I'll need to get a hang of the whole boost bar thing, sometimes i could refill them quick while just fragging everyone but sometimes i do incredibly bad

it's such a weird game to be called ridge racer though

Uzzy

Finally on NeoGAF, woo.

I absolutely hated the Tomb Raider reboot and I'm still pissed about it being exclusive to the Xbone. Can't wait for the entire concept of exclusivity to die off.

At least we got a new Witcher 3 video out of Gamescom.

MUnited83

For you.
Finally on NeoGAF, woo.

I absolutely hated the Tomb Raider reboot and I'm still pissed about it being exclusive to the Xbone. Can't wait for the entire concept of exclusivity to die off.

At least we got a new Witcher 3 video out of Gamescom.

Just wait a year and pick it up at 5$ on Steam :)

Tizoc

About to start a 9 hours night shift. Then by 9:30 am I should be at American Express office to deal with a fraudulent transaction on me and my brother's CCs. Why couldn't these fuckers wait until next week to use my card...

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fable Anniversary -- MB-0AE9B78BF336F0F5 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 33 entrants total.

t1407870004z1.png

good luck!

To be fair, Idle Master uses the same method as SAM (or playing the game directly) to report to Steam that you're in-game. Also, the drop rate on foil cards is completely and totally random, it has nothing to do with your Steam level.

IdleMaster won't cause issues with Playfire rewards, will it? Does it register as time played on a game?

Deitus

Finally on NeoGAF, woo.

Were you having issues connecting too? I couldn't get GAF to load up at all from home except over 3G connection, but it seems to be fine from work. Hopefully whatever was going wrong is fixed now though.

I'm just grateful that if they had to lock any game down, it was a game I don't care about in the slightest.

But I'm with you on that. I don't mind exclusives as a concept, but there is just no reason for a game like that to be exclusive, timed or not.

idlemaster is awesome! Thanks to the two humble bundles I suddenly found myself with ten new games with cards and just had idle master fire over night. Already up almost 5$ after selling and have a few left on the market, may hit $5.50 or 6 just from those games. awesome stuff!

Jawmuncher

I'm so pumped for Fable Anniversary.
The 1st game is one of my favorites of all time and yet I never played the bonus content.
So it's going to be like a whole new game for me.

Uzzy

Were you having issues connecting too? I couldn't get GAF to load up at all from home except over 3G connection, but it seems to be fine from work. Hopefully whatever was going wrong is fixed now though.

Yeah, couldn't connect at all. This data compression proxy tool seems to make it work though, which is nice.

I'm just grateful that if they had to lock any game down, it was a game I don't care about in the slightest.

But I'm with you on that. I don't mind exclusives as a concept, but there is just no reason for a game like that to be exclusive, timed or not.

I think I'm rather more extreme about the whole idea of exclusives, but on the scale of types of exclusive, moneyhatting a third party multiplatform game that was already announced, already in development and already confirmed multiplatform to become an exclusive is pretty bad. It might be timed, which is a little better, but I don't think that's confirmed.

I didn't expect anything from Microsoft in regards to PC Gaming at Gamescom, and they still managed to disappoint me.

You aren't unlocking achievements, so there are no issues with Playfire. It's effectively the same as idling through SAM , so yes...it counts towards your playtime.

It won't mess with Playfire rewards and works the same as if you were in-game, so it does count play time unfortunately!

Nice. Time to move out of couch play zone and back to office grindy zone.

After this Pyschonauts boss, though.

Is Dustforce in a bundle right now? I've seen a few giveaways for it recently and i REALLY wanna get it so if it is, anyone mind pointing me towards it?

Anteater

I'm so pumped for Fable Anniversary.
The 1st game is one of my favorites of all time and yet I never played the bonus content.
So it's going to be like a whole new game for me.

I have the xbox copy but never finished it, I'll probably pick up the anniversary and blast through it

Sendou

Interested to see how Space Engineers and DayZ will do on Xbox One and PS4 respectively. Obviously the big emphasis Sony and MS gave to those titles is because they are already proven sellers on PC. How well will that translate to consoles though?

FloatOn

After the rather disappointing Dark Souls 2 I truly hope Lords of the Fallen and The Witcher 3 don't let me down for my action rpg fix.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
is Payday 2 playable at all as SP or do you really need to co-op everything? i.e. how shitty is the A.I.?

That dudes head shape is like an optical illusion.

It's really really shitty. It basically only shoots at enemies, it can't do stealth, complete objectives or even pick up bags. Single player only serves as a way to learn the layout and the objectives of the levels.

Deitus

I think I'm rather more extreme about the whole idea of exclusives, but on the scale of types of exclusive, moneyhatting a third party multiplatform game that was already announced, already in development and already confirmed multiplatform to become an exclusive is pretty bad. It might be timed, which is a little better, but I don't think that's confirmed.

I didn't expect anything from Microsoft in regards to PC Gaming at Gamescom, and they still managed to disappoint me.

Yeah, if I wasn't clear, that's exactly what I meant. I have no problem with Halos, Marios, and Uncharteds being exclusive, and I'm even fine with situations like Bayonetta 2 and Bloodborne where the platform holder is basically footing the bill for development from the start.

It's specifically cases where a game was clearly being developed for a multiplatform release and with a major publisher who would have no problem paying for it, and then a platform holder steps in and pays money to NOT release it on a competing platform (sometimes for a limited time period), that I get upset. That nonsense needs to die out.

Vastag

Interested to see how Space Engineers and DayZ will do on Xbox One and PS4 respectively. Obviously the big emphasis Sony and MS gave to those titles is because they are already proven sellers on PC. How well will that translate to consoles though?

Seeing the state of DayZ in PC and how slowly it is progressing I really want to see what they are going to release for the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom