• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hope everyone likes blue...

54q3Go0.png

Cause damn

When i build my system they only offered a shitty horror game, already forgot its name but it wasn't well received at all. Didn't even bother to ask for the code.
Still sad that i didn't get anything fancy for free with my new rig (too late for Batman, to early for Watch Dogs) :/

I got Arkham Origins with my 760 back in October, still not played it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I kind of like how that looks. Blue is nice. Would it be possible to implement other colors or skins in ES?

Everything in the CSS is pretty heavily customized to that color scheme. But with that said, it may be possible to build identical CSS files with altered color palettes and new image files. We'll have to wait and see exactly how this looks when the new store page goes live to see how difficult it will be.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if anyone linked this here already but here's first look of BoI: Rebirth in action and it looks good.

The soundtrack is still so good. The animations looks so buttery smooth, too.

Just what I've always wanted.

But do they teach you the real stuff like how to fit the phattest exhaust to your stock hatchback and the guidelines to looking hella tough hanging around a McDonalds carpark?

But it does it teach you how to choose the best spinners for your ride?

SUPER
HOT
SUPER
HOT
SUPER
HOT

That game will be so good.

It's so bizarre looking. It looks interesting gameplay wise from some random video I watched (can't remember if it was Giantbomb or not), but the trailer is just so weird.

Wait, what?
Rise is Xboner exclusive?
What?

What?

That's something that I didn't see coming.
I do see the eventual Definitive edition coming to PC, just like how Ryse was supposed to be a full exclusive but actually wasn't in the end.

I don't understand why people are so angry at Square Enix - the dude straight up told you that they're always thinking of you, and you can always play Lara Croft: Tomb Raider on your PS1s. Why would you want to support their new franchise by buying the sequel when you can just play old games instead?

I'm kidding. Will wait for Definitive edition on PS4 Steam.

Something something shot themselves in the foot something something.

"The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom developer The Odd Gentlemen are producing the new King’s Quest game. It is a fully “reimagined” take on the original series, according to Activision. The publisher promises that The Odd Gentlemen comprises a number of fans of the King’s Quest franchise. The studio intends to capture the same combination of difficult puzzles and engaging narrative as the originals. The adventure title is due out in 2015 for unspecified platforms — although the company notes it will release its software on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam."

What Sierra is now: "Sierra and Activision announced new plans for the beloved label today, which include launching a new King’s Quest adventure game as well as a new entry in the Geometry Wars dual-stick shooter series. While the company retains the Sierra name and is publishing King’s Quest, the Activision subsidiary will not focus only on re-releasing Sierra classics. The plan is to have it do that while also forging deals with “edgy” independent developers working on innovative new projects. This should bring some further diversification to a portfolio of software that includes Call of Duty, Skylanders, and World of Warcraft."

The thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872909

Today just keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, for those who missed it:

Rollercoaster Tycoon World announced (PC, no microtransactions, coop, early 2015).

Reveal Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkYDqYcyEU0

As everyone in that thread is saying, I'll also remain "cautiously interested".

I too remain cautiously interested and hope that the game turns out exactly the way I want it.

Uh Oh. Hellblade (NT) isn't a PS4 exclusive. Some folks are gonna be mad.

Speaking of which, the trailer has some really interesting imagery. But it's Ninja Theory, so I'll wait for impressions.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold is on sale at Gamersgate for $1.95. I suck at these games, but it looked really fun.

That's a really great price for the game, too. Everyone should buy it if they don't own it yet.

Hope everyone likes blue...

Cause damn

It's a good thing blue is my favorite color, because I would probably hate that design if it wasn't.

Oh God, that's fucking hideous, I take it back. The front page looks like even worse in the preview, I really hope that it doesn't turn out to be representative of the final product.

Sendou

Oh God, that's fucking hideous, I take it back. The front page looks like even worse in the preview, I really hope that it doesn't turn out to be representative of the final product.

I recommend giving the blog post a good read. There's some conjecture from their part and most importantly it's WIP and missing elements.

Turfster

http://www.geforce.com/GetBorderlands

Shame my build's less than a year old, this would be rather tempting for me.

They never ever offer these things over here.
Where was this when I bought that extra Nvidia card, huh? =p

Welp, looks like there will probably have to be a rewrite of Enhanced Steam when this goes live. And it looks like a number of features will be removed from that version, seeing as Valve is planning on rolling them in.
I like how part of my twitter feed is "oh, they're adding enhanced steam features, huh? Have they offered that guy a job yet?"

Also, why the hell am I looking at the MP3 deal just to "complete" the trilogy on Steam?
I already own this on 360! I hated this game! Stupid completionist/hoarder impulses.

Monooboe

Hmh I'm pretty sure I have three new games on my account but none that I see in my library.o_O The number in my profile just went up suddenly.

jshackles

I actually don't hate that from a purely visual standpoint.

But having spent years with the drab brown Steam, that's way too drastic of a shift for me. I'll stick with Pixelvision for now.

To be clear, this is the website with the leaked v6 css not a Steam skin

Deitus

To be clear, this is the website with the leaked v6 css not a Steam skin

I'm not sure what that is, but I assumed it was just the new default appearance of the Steam client.

Edit: But I guess a Steam skin wouldn't have any impact on the content of the pages, only the skin around them. I didn't really think that out I guess.

I honestly don't mind the blue. Probably because it's my favorite color.

jshackles.. Are you still planning to add a notes section for wishlisted games for enhanced steam?

Sendou

I found SMT IV pretty mediocre myself. The story isn't that interesting and there's so much filler it's insane. It's also pretty unfair from time to time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I recommend giving the blog post a good read. There's some conjecture from their part and most importantly it's WIP and missing elements.

I did read it, and most importantly the bit in bold surrounded by the siren gifs. That's why I said "I really hope that it doesn't turn out to be representative of the final product."

If it does turn out to be similar to that, I'll be really disappointed. The gradient effect isn't even handled well at all, they've got to fix that before a final version.

Portal 2 got a sneaky 12MB update today, with no patch notes that can only lead to 1 conclusion...

Portal 3 easter egg added to the game?

I found SMT IV pretty mediocre myself. The story isn't that interesting and there's so much filler it's insane. It's also pretty unfair from time to time.

It's only unfair/overly difficult right at the beginning and during the ultimate/DLC bosses. Other than that, it's pretty easy if you're familiar with the series.

jshackles

I honestly don't mind the blue. Probably because it's my favorite color.

jshackles.. Are you still planning to add a notes section for wishlisted games for enhanced steam?

Yep. If you have the latest version, you should already be able to do this. "WWW Links" dropdown, there should be an option that says "Add Wishlist Note".

Sendou

I did read it, and most importantly the bit in bold surrounded by the siren gifs. That's why I said "I really hope that it doesn't turn out to be representative of the final product."

If it does turn out to be similar to that, I'll be really disappointed. The gradient effect isn't even handled well at all, they've got to fix that before a final version.

Fair enough.

It's only unfair/overly difficult right at the beginning and during the ultimate bosses. Other than that, it's pretty easy if you're familiar with the series.

Oh it's easy in general alright. The difficulty curve is just all over the place. A random encounter can kill your party in one turn. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Also I had troubles navigating through the game. Also the $50 they asked for it launch was ridiculous.

Kaleinc

Banned
If you were already subscribed to Super Capcom Internet, they were offering an upgrade to Ultra Capcom Internet for $14.99. It's a good deal, but the netcode could use some work. :p

Seriously, I'm glad I was finally able to reach the site. That sucked. Anything exciting happen here in the last 5+ hours or so?
Un(ranked)matched quality of service, australian ping for everybody lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom