• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really really shitty. It basically only shoots at enemies, it can't do stealth, complete objectives or even pick up bags. Single player only serves as a way to learn the layout and the objectives of the levels.

Yeah that's what I thought. Sitting on $5 in card bucks with a few more $ left to idle. Hopefully I'll get internet tomorrow to idle the rest and pick it up before the midweek ends.

Need to get some of these co-op games so I can finally join in on Games Night!

Deitus

Interested to see how Space Engineers and DayZ will do on Xbox One and PS4 respectively. Obviously the big emphasis Sony and MS gave to those titles is because they are already proven sellers on PC. How well will that translate to consoles though?

I'm pretty curious how Space Engineers would work on a console with regards to updating the game. Since I bought the game several months ago, it has gotten regular weekly updates, and often substantial changes to the game.

With the update approval processes in place, have we ever had a console game that has had that level of support? I don't mind mind them getting exposure to people who don't play PC games, but I fear a TF2 situation where they aren't allowed to regularly update their game, and then they promise to eventually combine a bunch of updates into a single content pack, and then never do that either.

Sendou

I'm pretty curious how Space Engineers would work on a console with regards to updating the game. Since I bought the game several months ago, it has gotten regular weekly updates, and often substantial changes to the game.

With the update approval processes in place, have we ever had a console game that has had that level of support? I don't mind mind them getting exposure to people who don't play PC games, but I fear a TF2 situation where they aren't allowed to regularly update their game, and then they promise to eventually combine a bunch of updates into a single content pack, and then never do that either.

Xbox One patches are free as far as I know. That said the reason why Space Engineers is getting so many updates right now is because it's still beta. PS4 and Xbox One have no Early Access programs.

Sendou

Aside from Bloodborne, Quantum Break and Sierra revival this GamesCom couldn't have been more disappointing so far.

I think this Gamescom has been pretty amazing personally. Pretty much everything showed looks great and there was some PC stuff there and there. Not bad at all.

Deitus

Xbox One patches are free as far as I know. That said the reason why Space Engineers is getting so many updates right now is because it's still beta. PS4 and Xbox One have no Early Access programs.

I guess that's true. But I assume there is still a cert process that could take an indeterminate amount of time and delay regular patches. I'm not saying it couldn't work on console, just that I've never seen an example of a game that has successfully done it.

But I guess they will just wait until the game is officially "complete" before putting out the console version. Still, I had assumed they would continue to update the game even after release, just at a slower pace.

Sendou

SteamDB offers some educated guesses (actually a lot more than that) what the new store page will be like:

http://steamdb.info/blog/48/

A few months ago when Steam tags were first introduced, there was a short link to a "v6" stylesheet.

Seeing the Store is currently on it's 5th theme, this means Valve is hard at work at a 6th version of the Steam Store theme.

After getting a tip of another stylesheet for the new store, we decided to see if we can get it (sorta) working in a state where it gives us a feel of the new design.

Keep in mind that we're only checking out new stylesheets, this is only half of the Store's design (the other half being done in HTML and JavaScript) but should still give a good feel as to what it'll be like.

This is very much a work in progress, we have no idea how far along Valve is with the new design. It might launch tomorrow, or in a month.

Bunch of stuff. Including highlighting games you own. Hey my Steam does that already!

I think this Gamescom has been pretty amazing personally. Pretty much everything showed looks great and there was some PC stuff there and there. Not bad at all.

I wish I could get excited but most games I've seen so far show barely anything about how they'll actually play. Even WiLD barely tells me anything about the game. I like pretty graphics as much as the next guy but I've been burned too often by "experiences".

Vuze

So I see only NeoGAF gold members could access the forum today :p

Glad to see the site back for me, I think I didn't miss out on too much.
RIP Rise of the Tomb Raider tho, let's hope it will hit PC 2016...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SteamDB offers some educated guesses (actually a lot more than that) what the new store page will be like:

http://steamdb.info/blog/48/

Bunch of stuff. Including highlighting games you own. Hey my Steam does that already!

Welp, looks like there will probably have to be a rewrite of Enhanced Steam when this goes live. And it looks like a number of features will be removed from that version, seeing as Valve is planning on rolling them in.

rtcn63

Finally got on to GAF, didn't realize that Gamescom was a big thing. And the Tomb Raider news, that probably killed a few dozen servers. Watched Alan Partridge and Brass Eye, that's close to the native GAF experience.

I received by XB1 controller from Rakuten, and the left bumper is super loose- I can see inside where it's meant to attach to the rest of the body. And the drivers don't appear to work for most games.

Tellaerin

Capcom took over AT&T and Verizon.

If you were already subscribed to Super Capcom Internet, they were offering an upgrade to Ultra Capcom Internet for $14.99. It's a good deal, but the netcode could use some work. :p

Seriously, I'm glad I was finally able to reach the site. That sucked. Anything exciting happen here in the last 5+ hours or so?

Tizoc

Gamescom didn't have any 'ZOMG I NEED THIS' games IMO. Had some games I'd be interested in but not in the sam calibur as my previous sentence.
...and only 1 Japanese dev. game on there.

Finally got on to GAF, didn't realize that Gamescom was a big thing. And the Tomb Raider news, that probably killed a few dozen servers. Watched Alan Partridge and Brass Eye, that's close to the native GAF experience.

I received by XB1 controller from Rakuten, and the left bumper is super loose- I can see inside where it's meant to attach to the rest of the body. And the drivers don't appear to work for most games.

The outage was not gamescom related, the site was up the entire time. (Check @neogafnewthread on twitter, new threads went up all day) There were some routing/DNS issues which affected just some ISPs. Just got back on too.

Also: Ahahahahahaha Tomb Raider

So I see only NeoGAF gold members could access the forum today :p

Glad to see the site back for me, I think I didn't miss out on too much.
RIP Rise of the Tomb Raider tho, let's hope it will hit PC 2016...

I guess that makes me gold then.
fantage_deal_with_it_glasses__c2u__by_fantagestore-d7422m2.png

The Tomb Raider thing really makes me sad, but here's hoping it's only a timed exclusive.

rtcn63

Oh, Hellblade. Heavenly Sword guys? The combat was dull in that game, with combat situations going on for far too long with little feeling of satisfaction. I wanted to like it, I did. I didn't. Similar-ish to the issues with Remember Me's combat.

Jawmuncher

Gamescom didn't have any 'ZOMG I NEED THIS' games IMO. Had some games I'd be interested in but not in the sam calibur as my previous sentence.
...and only 1 Japanese dev. game on there.

Yeah I felt the same way . Some good announcements but nothing major for me that would shift anything if I was in a different position. Also before anyone says anything I know gamescom is still going on. But if its like E3 we ain't getting much else after the EA stream.

Arthea

Oh, Hellblade. Heavenly Sword guys? The combat was dull in that game, with combat situations going on for far too long with little feeling of satisfaction. I wanted to like it, I did. I didn't. Similar-ish to the issues with Remember Me's combat.

it's not necessary "heavenly sword", we don't know about gameplay anything yet, at least I didn't see anything, all we got is trailer-teaser and that's it.

Their last two games (enslaved, DMC) have been MUCH better than Heavenly Sword. They're getter better with each game, so i'm excited to see what theyre up to now.

abracadaver

another Lunar Flight (supports oculus rift)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lunar Flight -- MB-E24D7F509031F699 - Taken by Hugstable. 2 entrants total.

t1407876364z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom