• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Are the two related?

Not that I know of. He was banned for posting Famitsu scans of FF Explorers. No idea why he hasn't returned to the threads, though he did make one post in either the last Steam thread or the one before that.

Anything on the exclusivity of Hellblade or Silent Hill?

I don't see much of a platform mention anywhere for the former, and Ninja Theory seems to be pushing the independently published portion so I doubt they would then shackle themselves to a console.

Hellblade on the PS4 was called "first to console," so it's likely going to have a PC port. Nothing official on SH to my knowledge.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
LTTP but I started using idle master today and I'm just

iWDinYYgfil7t.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anything on the exclusivity of Hellblade or Silent Hill?

I don't see much of a platform mention anywhere for the former, and Ninja Theory seems to be pushing the independently published portion so I doubt they would then shackle themselves to a console.

Hellblade is "first to console" on PS4, which is universal PR speak for "simultaneous PC release". Haven't looked into GUILLERMO DEL TORO's Silent Hill.

Hey guys, I'm about to play Witcher 2 for the first time! Are there any mods that are necessary to make the game better?
Don't turn on ubersampling and play the tutorial. Otherwise, id save the rebalance mod for a second playthrough. Personally, I removed the sharpening filter because it bothered my eyes too much.

Last, if having a weighted inventory is a bother then maybe get that. I found that W2 wasn't as bad with that stuff as W1 but it can still be annoying.

Jawmuncher

Hellblade is "first to console" on PS4, which is universal PR speak for "simultaneous PC release". Haven't looked into GUILLERMO DEL TORO's Silent Hill.

At first I would say it'll be on both.
But after tomb raider who knows. If anything I just see PT being exclusive.

Shadownet

Banned
Has anyone played Risen 3 yet and if so, how is it? Reviews have been less than flattering but I've always felt you need to be a certain kind of gamer to enjoy these Gothic type of games. And I don't think many in the games press would qualify.

Another thought on my mind... does anyone think Wolfenstein will get DLC? I figure I might as well uninstall it if they're done with the game. I was dead sure they would do at least one DLC given how they left a very obvious story thread unresolved in the main game, but it's been months without any word now.

JaseC

Another thought on my mind... does anyone think Wolfenstein will get DLC? I figure I might as well uninstall it if they're done with the game. I was dead sure they would do at least one DLC given how they left a very obvious story thread unresolved in the main game, but it's been months without any word now.

At the very least I think Bethesda should patch the entirety of Wolf3D into the nightmare sequences. I was disappointed when I discovered they offer just the one level.

Ventara

So, my bandwidth cap reset today and I can finally use internet again! Hurray for me! I'm sure you guys kept asking yourselves "Where's Ventara?" and tried to refrain from posting so that I wouldn't miss much. Now back to 2000 posts/day!
lol

Anyways, looks like I missed the Humble Flash Bundle and the $1 Orcs Must Die Bundle. Kinda sucks, but nothing to cry over. Still need to pick up the Humble Japan Bundle. I just can't decide whether to get the $1 tier or the $10 one. I already have Ys Origin, and don't care for Pixeljunk Shooter.

But I did pick up Age of Mythology from GMG. Quoting jshackles in case anyone missed it.

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition is the only thing that stands out. It's $8.16 after using the O7CNAE-Z1Y29P-QZAJ1I coupon, which is the cheapest it's ever been.

The regular price on Steam is $30, so even at 75% off, this deal is only $0.66 more expensive. And the game is region locked, so none of that Russian trading to get it cheaper.

Anyways, this game is one of my favourites, and probably the best RTS I've played. I love the mythical units and the history behind the mythological factions. Lots of diversity and difficulties allowing both casuals and veterans to have fun. And don't worry, single-player is extremely fun, and is what I played 95% of the time as a kid. Seriously guys, if you have any interest in RTS games and don't have this game, you need to jump on this deal.

Bluth54

Portal 2 got a sneaky 12MB update today, with no patch notes that can only lead to 1 conclusion...

TF2 also got 2 sneaky updates today, one of which broke the Mann Co store by making everything free (but you couldn't buy anything). The second larger one fixed the store but neither update has patch noes.
The first update (which broke the store) added a depot to TF2 called Team Fortress 2 - Free On-Demand which the second update removed. Not sure what it is exactly, but it was set as something that had to be purchased.

JaseC

TF2 also got 2 sneaky updates today, one of which broke the Mann Co store by making everything free (but you couldn't buy anything). The second larger one fixed the store but neither update has patch noes.
The first update (which broke the store) added a depot to TF2 called Team Fortress 2 - Free On-Demand which the second update removed. Not sure what it is exactly, but it was set as something that had to be purchased.

Free on Demand refers to the new sub type that Valve made for free content. It began moving F2P games from sub 0 to their own FoD games earlier today after having done the same with all of Steam's demos.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

So...that makes one Portal 2 update...and two TF2 updates...

1+2/4(Portal 2+ TF 2) = 3/4. Which Valve related game has those numbers in it?

L4D3 info incoming, obviously.

At the very least I think Bethesda should patch the entirety of Wolf3D into the nightmare sequences. I was disappointed when I discovered they offer just the one level.

Eh... one level was enough. It was a cute easter egg and not meant to be a 10 hour diversion from the actual game you're playing :p

Turfster

Yeah, I was really disappointed when the
secret exit I remembered
lead to an abrupt end.

Eh... one level was enough. It was a cute easter egg and not meant to be a 10 hour diversion from the actual game you're playing :p
The whole of WOLF3D would have taken less room than one texture =p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Most levels felt exactly the same in Wolf 3D, so what's the point? Just play the one level 40 times and you have roughly the same experience as the full game minus the bosses.

JaseC

Most levels felt exactly the same in Wolf 3D, so what's the point? Just play the one level 40 times and you have roughly the same experience as the full game minus the bosses.

The point would be that it'd be awesome, duh. Bethesda could even keep going by patching in Spear of Destiny, RTCW and Wolf09! :p

dot

Bought Ninja Storm Revolution, went to see TMNT (so much better than Transformers btw), and tried a jalapeno burger for the first time. Also took a break from all the moving so i can finally be lazy.

also just found out there's a new Silent Hill starring Daryl?! whaaaaat :eek: The series scares me but i would totally play that. Them graphics!

Today was a good day. :3

Tizoc

Bought Ninja Storm Revolution, went to see TMNT (so much better than Transformers btw), and tried a jalapeno burger for the first time. Also took a break from all the moving so i can finally be lazy.

also just found out there's a new Silent Hill starring Daryl?! whaaaaat :eek: The series scares me but i would totally play that. Them graphics!

Today was a good day. :3

Jalapeno works better with chicken IMO, but Jalapeno used for french fries or nachos with beef? Delish~

MRORANGE

Nah, plays like more like UT99 and UT3 than 2K3/4 (imo).

In movement, yes, but there's something off with the guns, could be the UT3 to UT4 models or something, feel real flimsy at the moment, but overall it's an amazingly good start.

To be honest I havent touched a unreal tournament game in about 5 years so my guesses are mute XD

The UT4 development fascinates me. It's so great that we're able to try the game where it is in a playable state yet obviously unfinished. The game doesn't have any assets for level geometry and is missing many after effects such as particles/shadows/etc yet none of that is required for you to understand how the game will actually play by the time it reaches "release" state. I'll probably download it in the near future.

Mono

jshackles presents:
463items71xd0.png

You glorious man. Finally at 0 drops remaining - gonna slowly sell my dupes, and donate a chunk back for your amazing work.

You should leave that there forever so that you can annoy people whenever you take screenshots of the Steam page / Steam client, haha! Wow, that's a lot of cards.

Ventara

Hey guys, I have a question; if I download Wasteland 2 Beta now, will I have to redownload the full 27GB game when it releases, or is it just a few patches? If it's the former, I don't want to download it now when I can just wait next month to download it once.

Edit:

It's all but assuredly going to be patched. Having completely new depots for the final game would make no sense.

Nice! Thanks for the answer, JaseC!

Edit 2: lol, it was only 5.5GB. I'm guessing the other 21.5GB were engines/programs I needed to play the game but were already installed through other games.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm about to play Witcher 2 for the first time! Are there any mods that are necessary to make the game better?

Combat Rebalance.

It was made by a modder turned CDPR Developer. The developer was hired to work on the Witcher 3; so some, if not all, of the changes should carry over officially.

Not that I know of. He was banned for posting Famitsu scans of FF Explorers. No idea why he hasn't returned to the threads, though he did make one post in either the last Steam thread or the one before that.

Ah, I remember now.

JaseC

Hey guys, I have a question; if I download Wasteland 2 Beta now, will I have to redownload the full 27GB game when it releases, or is it just a few patches? If it's the former, I don't want to download it now when I can just wait next month to download it once.

It's all but assuredly going to be patched. Having completely new depots for the final game would make no sense.

wilflare

I'm the only History student in this Computing module teaching Python
the whole class cheered... (230 of them) lol

---
have I missed anything?
read the TR news - I really don't get Square Enix :/

JaseC

have I missed anything?
read the TR news - I really don't get Square Enix :/

Microsoft basically paid Squeenix to not go up against Uncharted 4, which is a pretty good deal. ;) The exclusivity is definitely temporary: Game Informer's editor claims as much and so too do two of GAF's more reputable "insiders", plus Geoff Keighley's said he can't get a straight answer out of anyone at Gamescom.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles presents:
463items71xd0.png

You glorious man. Finally at 0 drops remaining - gonna slowly sell my dupes, and donate a chunk back for your amazing work.

Color me impressed! How long did that take?

Tizoc

Microsoft basically paid Squeenix to not go up against Uncharted 4, which is a pretty good deal. ;) The exclusivity is definitely temporary: Game Informer's editor claims as much and so too do two of GAF's more reputable "insiders", plus Geoff Keighley's said he can't get a straight answer out of anyone at Gamescom.

Glad to know I'm a reputable insider~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom