• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
16bBWYZ.png

Morning guys
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe: Infinite -- MB-6C5917A2DD08C803 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-DC4A977A831039B6 - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.

t1407906425z1.png

maneil99

I hope Steam changes it so free games you "buy" show up in your library. It's nice to have them tied to my account, but without having them in my library it's not really much different from when they just gave you all of the f2p stuff. And if a game gets removed from the store (like Expendabros will be) I'd own it but I wouldn't be able to redownload it.

I bought the Tribes starter pack way back and it's in mine. Unless you mean game's you've downloaded once from steam that are F2P

Mono

I hope Steam changes it so free games you "buy" show up in your library. It's nice to have them tied to my account, but without having them in my library it's not really much different from when they just gave you all of the f2p stuff. And if a game gets removed from the store (like Expendabros will be) I'd own it but I wouldn't be able to redownload it.

Yeah, I like that not every free to play game on Steam is in your library, but it would be nice for the games you've played to be in there, even when they're uninstalled. I really like Path of Exile and wish it was in my library, even though I have it uninstalled for now. They should do this and then add the option to hide games that you've played but don't want to show up in your library anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought the Tribes starter pack way back and it's in mine. Unless you mean game's you've downloaded once from steam that are F2P

He's talking about how Free on Demand games add to your game count but aren't added to your library unless you install them/aren't tied to your library unless you buy DLC for them. This is something I figured Valve would fix before moving on from demos to actual, fully-fledged games.

Sharkiller

We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes:

Steam Client
Fixed occasional crash on web view page load
Fixed popup html pages being sized incorrectly under windows

Mac OS X
Fixed 2d canvas objects not drawing in web views
Fixed hang when rapidly showing and dismissing pulldown menus in web views

Linux
Fixed overlay corruption with some newer game titles
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/243512434449739637

-----

I give it an hour before someone buys it for you
haha lol. there is no need.

Exuro

This is something they've been working on since January. It'll allow personalities like TotalBiscuit
or me, I guess
to set up their own recommendations which people will be able to "follow" (like Twitter) and those games will show up in the follower's "Discovery Queue".

There was some talk at one point of this leading to revenue being generated by the curator (a cut of the sale) but it looks like according to the latest intel that this idea has been completely scrapped in favor of a more altruistic "Do this because it'll grow your fanbase elsewhere and because you want people to play good games and not shitty ones and we want you to stop complaining that we changed the homepage to show top sellers instead of new releases."
Now I had the assumption that the curating feature would announce the end of greenlight and anyone could add their games but that doesn't seem to be the case here? Everything is still under Valve right?

xeris

Just got around to playing Astebreed after buying it yesterday. That game is pure love and I still haven't completed chapter 5.

Mono

Yay games!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Sun at Night -- MB-56EFB1381858D443 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Dinner Date -- MB-5A03169CA204C345 - Taken by Catshade
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-C8F7F18C597DE6E1 - Taken by VikasNarula
Flight of the Icarus -- MB-34CDB803040775B3 - Taken by bluechox2
Aeon Command -- MB-C73B62531E110B9A - Taken by Kuroyume

imvatJkUtOZ33.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Spring-Loaded:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spring-Loaded, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt of the NecroDancer -- MB-81BAD3024E7CC29E - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 46 entrants total.

t1407926226z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Apparently Bioware's new game will be announced today.

Also can't wait to see how EA deals with the Sims 4 fiasco. They'll probably promise some free DLC or whatever to try to win people back

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
A little leftover for the worst community ever of entitled elitist 4k portbeggers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-510A196BECCD377D
Ys Origin -- MB-50167AB4E3550E19 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.

t1407917526z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You mean during the free weekend? I did, I think. I installed it during the free weekend and played a bit

The game has a Free on Demand sub, so the store page's "Play" button activated that. If you go to your account page you should see "Nosgoth Base Game Default Package".

Ventara

Just played a bit of Age of Mythology. Thought I'd get in a quick game before sleep, and now it's past 4am...

The game is still as addicting as ever.

Is there any possibility of getting in trouble for adding stuff that way? I noticed there's some Tom Clancy's Phantoms DLC on the list that was free, but that costs $9.99 each now.

Lain

Played a little bit of Risen 3 (used Spotflux to unlock it early, didn't really want to wait until the 15) and the game isn't half bad.
It feels a bit glitchy here and there and I really dislike the Depth of Field effect in it, but the combat so far is nice, though I've spent most of my time going around grabbing seashells.

I started out playing with the pad, but then changed to KB/M because turning the camera with the pad while on the move didn't work well (at least for me), something that instead works perfectly with KB/M. Too bad there isn't a smart controller selection based on input used, so I have to select to use the pad in the options and once done the KB/M controls are totally off. Wouldn't have minded too much switching seamlessly between the two for combat, at least initially.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
seems like, as a general rule, trading cards with anime girls have relatively high value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom